Msg #144111

First They Came for the Jews. . .

For those of you, who speak of banishing fellow community members:

http://www.dpjs.co.uk/white/theycameforme.html

Pamela

Reply by cassiewi on 9/7/06 10:25am
Msg #144114

Are you kidding?

You're trying to compare what's going on here to the halocaust?

Reply by Pamela on 9/7/06 10:32am
Msg #144119

Cassie Re: Are you kidding?

There have been several variations on this poem. The theme
is community and the value of each of its members.
That although there may be disagreements,
it is so very wrong not to stand together, as a whole.

Notary Rotary (for better or worse) is a community of peers.

Here are other takes on this poem:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_they_came...

Reply by cassiewi on 9/7/06 10:42am
Msg #144124

Re: Cassie Re: Are you kidding?

Not a very good light to present your position in, IMO. Very dramatic and not remotely worthy of being compared to. As far as a "community", yes Notary Rotary is that, but she's out of control. It's constant. What happens when you are constantly reprimanded at work? Suspension, etc. If "banishment" is not the answer, what would your solution be, we all hold cyber hands and sign Coombya?

Reply by cassiewi on 9/7/06 10:46am
Msg #144126

Should be sing. Sorry n/m

Reply by Pamela on 9/7/06 1:08pm
Msg #144186

Cassie Lets Sing!

Actually we could click our mouse pads and sing this:

http://www.geocities.com/merrystar3/allysongs/QueSeraSera.htm ("smile"Wink

Pam

Reply by Winston_Tn on 9/7/06 10:49am
Msg #144128

Pamela

Normally after seeing McFrans post below, I would simply rest my case... I strongly believe in community and further value varying opinions, but, I also understand there are limitations to the term. Please refer to the last couple paragraphs in msg #129184...

Reply by Charm_AL on 9/7/06 10:26am
Msg #144115

excuse me, all of a sudden I have this urge to upchuck.

Reply by PL on 9/7/06 10:28am
Msg #144116

Pam, that is a bit of a stretch n/m

Reply by FlaMac on 9/7/06 10:41am
Msg #144123

Good article Pamela. Don't let the bottom feeders fool you..

There won't be any banishing going on in NR unless, of course, its advertising related. But, we do belong to a democracy...and they have the right to thier own opinions...as mis-guided as they may be.

To all those who've emailed me this morning..."You're Welcome!". I'll make a list of all the forms being requested and send them in one file. It will be much easier that way...

Gotta get back to work...happy signingsSmile

Reply by BrendaTx on 9/7/06 11:05am
Msg #144138

Pamela, wrong analogy - IMHO, of course.

I respect what you are saying, but as far as your message, it leaves me unmoved for the purposes you wish to imply.

Your analogy is incorrect. Apples and oranges.

A community such as this one is ruled by the owner/ruler. It's not a democracy, a country, a non-profit organization guided by membership votes; it is not group therapy where the participants agree to be cozy and warm at all times...not at this time, anyhow.

Posting here is not mandatory. The "right" NOT to post is the only "right" we can engage. If we post, it is a privilege--not a right. And, our privilege to do so is subject to the whims of the forum owner.

Reply by Stamper_WI on 9/7/06 12:04pm
Msg #144162

Re: Pamela, wrong analogy - IMHO, of course.

I frequently excerise my right not to post here. I find this distracting and at times confusing. I have enough dynamics going on just doing business.
If nothing else I have become adept at separating the wheat from the chafe of what I am looking for here and that comes more from my own efforts at knowing my states notorial law and a smidgin of understanding of contract law as it applies to me.

Taking information as gospel from any site or forum is dangerous. As I have said before, you need "mindful consideration" of the information you receive and put out there. I doubt the excuse of "I was told that on a forum" would hold up when you have to explain your actions or inaction when you come under scrutiny to parties that are injured by your actions or represent those who feel they are injured. So caution is needed when you see such a reaction from other notaries in regard to what another does in a certain situation.

I would have no qualm of bringing to the SOS's or Attorney General's attention questionalbe behavior of another notary, SS, LO or Title Co. acting in my State. All they can do is investigate, which they are better qualified to do than me. I would ask a lot of questions about the situation first for clarity first.

Newbies: don't be afraid to call the SOS with questions. If nothing else, it points out weakness's in notorial law to those who can do something about it. You also get your answers stright for the authority's mouth and better yet in writing.

Reply by Gary_CA on 9/7/06 11:23am
Msg #144146

They haven't came for the idiots yet...

flamac, not Pamela.

Nobody's civil rights are violated when bad, wrong, illegal, unprofessional professional advice is censored.

Reply by Pamela on 9/7/06 11:28am
Msg #144147

EVERYONE,

Please make reference to the following article (Especially to note the boxed section
at the lower end, entitled: 'Three Reasons Why Freedom of Expression is Essential
to a Free Society'):

http://www.aclu.org/freespeech/gen/11178pub19970102.html

Pam

Reply by Pamela on 9/7/06 11:31am
Msg #144148

Correction: Everyone,

So that you all will not think that I am shouting. ("smile"Wink

Pam

Reply by Winston_Tn on 9/7/06 11:41am
Msg #144154

Re: I do not think you are shouting..

I just think you are not able to discern between the freedom of speech and the freedom to act illegally.

If you want to talk about crime, then jump upon your soapbox and orate at the top of your lungs. I'll support you!

If you commit the crime, then you are outside your freedoms, and I will dutifully report the action versus the shadow of abetting or complicity.

Speaking on an issue is quite different than taking action on the issue.

Reply by Brenda/CA on 9/7/06 11:44am
Msg #144156

Pamela,
There is no comparison between the holocaust and the conduct of an insane forum member, you need to go back and study history again (banishment and death are not even remotely the same). I also suggest you take the time to "READ" the threads in which FleaMac is giving advice that could be detrimental to a newbie, should they follow it. Even after being told by 99.9% of her fellow board members that she is crossing the line of UPL, she says everyone else is incorrect and unknowledgable. Good lord if this was www.perfactmatch.com I would pair her with SanDiego (based soley on being totally clueless).

Reply by Pamela on 9/7/06 12:05pm
Msg #144163

Brenda, Re: First They Came for the Jews. . .

Brenda,

I am not comparing the holocaust to this situation, but what I am comparing
is the thought of banishing someone because of a dislike of an individual.
There is a very thin line between disliking a person's speech and disliking
the person. Perhaps I am wrong, but it seems to me that there is much
hostility here against FlaMac the person.

For example, if someone is on the forum giving out misinformation, then you
counter with the correct information. If a "newbie" reading the board, can not
read and study both sides of an argument (and then make an informed decision)
that person is incapable of doing good notarial work. Plain and simple.

To impede someone because they do things differently from the "regulars"
is wrong.

And banishment and death are exactly the same. History proves this.
Saint Paul, Napoleon Bonaparte, Nelson Mandela are a few historic
figures who were banished because of their actions and speech.

Pam

Reply by Brenda/CA on 9/7/06 12:19pm
Msg #144169

Re: Pamela

Definition of banishment:
1. [n] rejection by means of an act of banishing or proscribing someone.

Example: ejection disbarment exile excommunication relegation rustication anathematisation

Definition of death (dth) KEY

NOUN:

The act of dying; termination of life.
The state of being dead.
The cause of dying: Drugs were the death of him.
A manner of dying: a heroine's death.
often Death A personification of the destroyer of life, usually represented as a skeleton holding a scythe.

Bloodshed; murder.
Execution.
Law Civil death.
The termination or extinction of something: the death of imperialism.

Reply by Pamela on 9/7/06 12:26pm
Msg #144173

Brenda Cont'd

Brenda,

Metaphorically speaking, when someone is banished,
or cast away, you are silencing the person and their ideas.
Meaning that, you have terminated or killed their message.

Reply by BrendaTx on 9/7/06 12:25pm
Msg #144172

Dear Pam: Re: Snake handling in the Church - Advice pls...

Dear Pam,

I am thinking about joining a Methodist church three blocks over.

Once I join, I plan to introduce snake handling. I won't take any snakes there, but I am going to make sure they allow me to impress the church body with good ideas on snake handling.

I want to make sure everyone knows how to handle snakes, the faith and spiritual benefits thereof, and I am going to call everyone "deary" who does not agree with me.

Furthermore, I plan to tell each church member who thinks my ideas are bizarre that they are "unstable."

I will make unsubstantiated claims about the past remarks of each member there when they do not praise me for my ideas, slaughter their character with it, call them bottom feeders, and demand my rights to freedom of speech.

It is likely that my behavior will be called into question. I expect they will ask me to quieten down.

Would it be okay if I give them your telephone number so you can explain to them why it's okay for me to be so disruptive and indifferent to the "so-called" prudent actions of others who speak out against handling snakes when I promote it?

I want to be sure that everyone there agrees with the great side-effects which snake handling will provide for all Christians.

Thank you, Brenda

Reply by Pamela on 9/7/06 12:42pm
Msg #144179

Re: Dear Pam: Re: Snake handling in the Church - Advice pls...

Brenda,

As liberal as the Methodist Church have become in recent years,
I am sure they would love it!

Actually, I think that this is a great idea for notaries here on Not Rot.
It would separate the "notaries" from the "signing agents", from the
"certified signing agents", from the "notary closers" etc. . .("smile"Wink.

However, seeing that I am not a Methodist, no need to give them
by telephone number.

Pam

Reply by BrendaTx on 9/7/06 1:07pm
Msg #144185

Re: Dear Pam: You either missed my point...

or you sidestepped the issue.

How is this scenario different that the scenario of FlaMac?

Freedom of speech does not apply here...nor does the thing about Jews. In fact, FWIW, I'd call that prostituting the holocaust tragedy to pull a price out (dramatic purpose) on a notary forum and completely inappropriate. But, what the hey...you are good with it...I personally just find it repulsive. I don't find *you* repulsive...just feel repelled by the irreverence to such a tragic event over wacky postings on a notary forum.

Let me be clear that FlaMac's membership here is of no concern to me. I don't think she's being a bit serious with her remarks. IMHO.

I think she does it to get a rise out of people and to be disruptive. It will only hurt people who read the posts and take them to heart...and perhaps her, if anyone who is giving her business reads them...but that's beside the point.

I don't care if someone who writes a column for moveon.org publishes it here every week. However, I think it is misguided in hoping for all others to agree that it is appropriate. If Harry says "ok" then OKAY!

I don't care if signing services post here and hope for sympathetic views from notaries when they are saying all notaries should work for $42.50 a job. It's a misguided waste of their time. If Harry says "ok" then OKAY!

I don't care if Kathryn Kuhlman's transcripts are dusted off and posted here by Benny Hinn...but it's misguided to believe that they will be welcomed. If Harry says "ok" then OKAY!

When this forum bothers me too much to read it, I won't. That's the only right I have where this forum is concerned.

This is not a democracy. It is a private business with goals for a purpose...and similar is the theoretical Methodist church and its body of members with objectives. When you "join" you go with the flow, or you find a place that flows with you...or you start your own group...but in real life, you cannot join a group and try to change the group's purpose, or basic ideas and expect to be welcomed.

That's the stupidity that this entire thing with FlaMac is about. She knows when she posts, just like Benny Hinn would hopefully know, that people are going to say "WTH is that???"

She just needs to deal with the dismay...and, she'll remain right here until NR makes a decision (or not) otherwise.

Reply by Pamela on 9/7/06 1:45pm
Msg #144192

Brenda Tx

Brenda,

For clarification, this poem has been used (and changed) over the years,
by various groups (ethnic or otherwise). Its purpose is to
make known the plight of those individuals
(or groups of persons) who have been targeted by the
masses for banishment. It takes into account ALL persons,
not just those victimized in the Holocaust.
As in this case here on Notary Rotary.

Secondly, Notary Rotary is a very aggressive, if not downright
hostile forum. It is because of its nature, that it remains so active
and people "flock" to it. There is much controversy here (as well
as useful information).

There are other notary forums where people are just as
knowledgeable. However, these other forums are not attention
grabbers.

Third, for whatever reasons, some of the people here have banded
together into groups. They have a group mentality. This in itself
can be dangerous. It becomes the "we" against "you". When one attacks
the entire group attacks. Very similar to the way gangs and mobs operate.
It's either "you're in" or "you're out". There are college courses
on mob/crowd mentality (for which I've taken). Many books and articles
have addressed this alarming issue.

Now, you have those of us who do not belong to any group. We are
independent thinkers. Unfortunately when we respond to something,
or post a thread, we soon come under attack (or the thread is ignored).

FlaMac has a lot of courage. She does not back down.

Now, it said that she is dangerous, does not know what she
is doing. Unless, proof can be shown that she has actually
caused danger to someone, these are just "blanket' statements.
From her profile, she appears to be very experienced.

Lets talk about Calinotary. Has the mouth of a gutter.
But because Calinotary is apart of the "group" there is no
call to banish him. Unbelievable!

Anyway, enough said for now.

Pamela

Reply by Dennis D Broadbooks on 9/7/06 2:08pm
Msg #144201

Nicely Done, Pamela!

You are dead right on with your "mob/crowd mentality" analogy so pervasive on the board. It surfaces its ugly head when someone doesn't toe the politically correct "NotRot groupthink". I also couldn't agree more with the independent route you've chosen to travel. It brings to mind one of my favorite sayings: "The whole world is strange, save thee & me...and sometimes THEE are a little strange!".

Wink

Reply by Pamela on 9/7/06 2:23pm
Msg #144205

Dennis, Re: Nicely Done, Pamela!

Good Afternoon Dennis,

Thank You!

Fair is fair. There is much profanity on this board
and other "off-colored" topics. Yet there is not
a call to banish these "group" members.

Also where is it written in Notary Rotary's
rules that a person is to be suspended due to
alledged notarial mis-information?

I could go on and on, but unfortunately
can not do so at this time.

Have a Blessed Day,

Pam

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 9/7/06 2:26pm
Msg #144206

Re: Nicely Done, Pamela! Dennis

Haven't heard that saying in years. Very similar to an old Lancashire saying
"All the world's queer, save thee and me, and even thee's a little queer"
(Queer as in "strange"Wink

Reply by Pamela on 9/7/06 2:26pm
Msg #144207

Re: Nicely Done, Pamela! Corrections:

Sorry for the incorrect spellings: alleged, misinformation

Pam

Reply by Winston_Tn on 9/7/06 3:02pm
Msg #144214

Re: Nicely Spun, GOOD GRIEF !

You and Pamela have just formed a group mentality. How laughable to engage in dialogue about conformity and counterstereotypic behavior with armchair psychologists. Yet being in aligningment with no group, I must take the bait.

Conformity and group mentality have been researched and debated for centuries. You speak of how terrible, yet we all comply with a certain set of socially accepted norms and mores for several different reasons. (You DO stop your vehicle at red lights..don't you?)

The lastest model is rolled up by several acclaimed social psychologists, written about ad nauseum in the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology and addresses a layered approach to the five motivations behind conformity. we conform to be correct, to be socially accepted and avoid rejection, to accomplish group goals, to establish and maintain our self-concept/social identity, and to align ourselves with similar individuals (Nail, MacDonald, & Levy, 2000).

You seem to base your entire generalized tirade on social acceptance and admonishing those whom are, and giving accolades to those whom are not, as if holding minority opinion is somehow mistaken for correctness... Very incorrectly based assumption Dr. Pam Broadbooks.

Might you also be mistaking 'group goals' and the integral part of how a group functions as a whole, conforming for the betterment of that group...for your perceived 'mob mentality'....

Should we get into 'Alignment with Similar People' or 'Social Identity' ? ... or... Are you in fact frustrated due to the known behavioral consequences exhibited by a society that in not in alliance to your perceptions of self, self-worth, or self needs?

Are you threatened by your own non-conformity? I'll admit that back in the 'day'..we ( as cavemen )had to conform to a certain degree to band together to fight off predators. Therefore comformity had some intrinsic survival value. Now, however, you have choosen inane defensive posturing to survive as opposed to seeking a common ground.

Conformity is an inate life skill that one can learn...even while being a free-thinker. Conformity does not lesson nor diminish ones ability to be an individual, but every individual must understand that there are still boundries in which one must comply, and to extend these boundries based on bias or criminal intent is not tolerated within any sociostructure.

Reply by Marlene/USNA on 9/7/06 3:52pm
Msg #144231

And then there's Winston. . .

Reply by Dennis D Broadbooks on 9/7/06 3:55pm
Msg #144232

There was a Time...

...in the not too distant past where posters of your ilk on this & a few other boards scurrilously leveled accusations that I was being a tad too verbose. You, however, have raised this to an art form.

Reply by BobRogers_FL on 9/7/06 4:46pm
Msg #144253

Re: There was a Time...

Welcome back Dennis...good to know you are still kicking. Don't worry about this buffoon...no one can take your place.

Reply by Winston_Tn on 9/7/06 10:26pm
Msg #144349

Re: There is a Time...

but that time has passed, and your memory of it has warped.

Now in the same vein that 'your' group of social outcasts peruses these messages...

Please show me by example when posters of my elk scurrilously leveled accusations of you being a tatoo'd moose! or any other example you want to use... It doesn't have to be pertainent to any point or issue at hand... just join ranks with P...la and make something up from a snippit of context... I really feel your pain

ROFL

Reply by Pamela on 9/7/06 9:06pm
Msg #144316

Winston, Re: Nicely Spun, GOOD GRIEF !

Winston Good Evening,

Please read:

http://rous.redbarn.org/objectivism/Writing/RaymieStata/WhatIsIndividualism.html

Pam

Reply by Winston_Tn on 9/7/06 11:21pm
Msg #144371

Re: GOOD GRIEF !

Pamela.. Even though this was written by a sophmore student not yet subjected to life...why don't you tell me what this abstract OPINION with admitted motive, means to you. Please don't post another link... I want to know what YOU believe its meaning to be..and want to hear it in YOUR words....and want to hear you explain what this has to do with anything here at NR. Maybe in this way we can get back to the real facts about showing disdain and considering appropiate punishment for a member whom is admittedly violating ethics and laws. TIA

Reply by Pamela on 9/7/06 9:18pm
Msg #144318

Winston,

Please let me show you some photos of what mob mentality can do:

http://www.picturehistory.com/find/start/0?c=185;start=36

It was also a group of "like thinkers" which (unjustly) destroyed
King Louis XVI and Queen Marie Antoinette's family. This 'Reign
of Terror' lasted almost one year, and is a very sad part
of French history.

History has shown that mob actions are cruel. Ask any prison inmate.

Pam

Reply by TitleGalCA on 9/7/06 9:32pm
Msg #144321

It is amusing that Pamela is attempting to form a mob

just as Winston pointed out....all the while denying "like thinking". To call upon historical events of the past like the French Revolution and compare it to Notary Rotary should speak volumes as to the intelligence level here.

The lack of awareness should be pitied, but there's no point - it's wasted emotion.

Jeez - it's a message board for heaven's sake...there are no gulliotines ready for the non-politically correct. Quite the opposite...it just makes for better material to jest about.

Hey...now there's a word from history...jest.

The Jesters are courtside - historically, if they didn't make the court amused and have a good time? Off to the gulliotine with them.

I think they had it right back then, hahahahahaha!

Reply by Pamela on 9/7/06 10:25pm
Msg #144348

TitleGal,

Here's a brief synopsis of how the French Revolution started:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voltaire

Although there were no "notary forum" per say,
there was much published literary works which
started the tension. . . And if you will notice, that,
one of the terrorist leaders, was Voltaire, "son
of a notary . . .".

Also, the way some of the notaries
were crying out to Harry this morning, for
banishment of a board member and to organize
a letter campaign against this person,
the only thing lacking was the gulliotine!

History always repeats itself.

By the way, wasn't 'Mein Kempf' written
by someone as a way to reach out to
the masses? Perhaps, you can recall
this author's name.

Pam

Reply by Winston_Tn on 9/7/06 10:28pm
Msg #144351

Re: TitleGal,

You see there P..la.... that was a brief example of original thought....

Reply by TitleGalCA on 9/7/06 11:06pm
Msg #144364

Titlegal,

Does the term "stating the obvious" mean anything to you? Philosophy is not your strong point.

Here's one for you: I think Notary Rotary is like a grilled cheese sandwich. Crusty and well seasoned members supply the strength of the forum but in the middle you'll find soft and spineless followers who have no knowledge or strength of conviction to do their job without asking basic questions.

Here's a brief synopsis for you: http://www.grilledcheese-contest.com/

Hope that helps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply by Winston_Tn on 9/7/06 10:16pm
Msg #144341

Re: Winston,

I am always so entertained by those whom either cannot read, can not comprehend, or the combination of both.

Once again I am dealing with an individual with no true individual thought process. Do you think that I cannot post tenfold, the number of links to gastly deeds of individual mentality, and what they are capable of ? How can you even start to discuss this subject when you yourself have not one neural synapse that can fire beyond using a search engine to dredge up links that offer no support to the point of the arguement. I am truely sorry that you no longer can grasp a simple concept and must therefore resort to searching desperately for OPT ( Other peoples thoughts ).

There is no longer any reasonable or logical way to keep a dialog with you. Rather than attempting to edify you as to the reasons behind this mentality, and the motivation behind 'why' you feel like you must retaliate in the juvenile methods you have choosen, I will simply search for specific examples to both sides on the net ( yes this is pointless, absurd and characteristic of the uneducated ). The mentality that resists or can not confront the root cause, in lieu of the application of band-aid after band-aid, is what blinds you to your own growth.

Reply by Pamela on 9/7/06 10:35pm
Msg #144355

Winston,

Whenever there is a subject of (deep) discussion,
I always use reference materials (in this case links).
This is how I was trained while working on my
undergraduate degrees (Communications; History/Social Science majors).
And yes, I graduated at the top of my class. . .and worked full-time.

Because you have chosen to personally attack me,
I will end this discussion.

By the way, you have not noted any works to back-up your
statements.

Pamela

Reply by Winston_Tn on 9/7/06 10:58pm
Msg #144360

Re: Poor poor Pamela...,

here you go... ( even though I offered a starting reference in my original post...and also an out for you to discontinue this ludicrous and farcical reasoning )..... BTW... you should have taken a logic course, and just as a sidebar.... Even if I did buy into your premise of aquiring a degree in communications, I do not believe you retained anything pragmatic.

Bassili, J. N. (2003). The minority slowness effect: Subtle inhibitions in the expression of views not shared by others. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 84, 261-276.

Barresi, J. D. (1996). Group selection and 'the pious gene.' Behavioral and Brain Sciences, 19, 777-778, 786-787.

Baron, R. S., Vandello, J. A., & Brunsman, B. (1996). The forgotten variable in conformity research: Impact of task importance on social influence. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 70, 915-927.

Bond, R., & Smith, P. B. (1996). Culture and conformity: A meta-analysis of studies using Asch's (1952b, 1956) line judgment task. Psychological Bulletin, 119, 111- 137.

Brewer, M. B., & Caporael, L. R. (1990). Selfish genes vs. selfish people: Sociobiology as origin myth. Motivation and Emotion, 14, 237-243.

Buehler, R., & Griffin, D. (1994). Change-of-meaning effects in conformity and dissent: observing construal processes over time. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 67, 984-996.

Jetten, J., Spears, R., & Manstead, A. S. R. (1996). Intergroup norms and intergroup discrimination: Distinctive self-categorization and social identity effects. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 71, 1222-1233.

Johnson, T. J. & Sheets, V. L. (2004). Measuring college students' motives for playing drinking games. Psychology of Addictive Behaviors, 18, 91-99.

Kiesler, C. A., & Kiesler, S. B. (1969). Conformity. Reading, MA: Addison-Wesley.

Kim, H., & Markus, H. R. (1999). Deviance or uniqueness, harmony or conformity? A cultural analysis. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 77, 785-800.

Mahalik, J. R., Locke, B. D., Ludlow, L. H., Diemer, M. A., Scott, R. P. J., Gottfried, M., & Freitas, G. (2003). Development of the conformity to masculine norms inventory. Psychology of Men and Masculinity, 4, 3-25.

Nail, P. R., MacDonald, G., & Levy, D. A. (2000). Proposal of a four-dimensional model of social response. Psychological Bulletin, 126, 454-470.

Pasupathi, M. (1999). Age differences in response to conformity pressure for emotional and nonemotional material. Psychology and Aging, 14, 170-174.

Prapavessis, H., & Carron, A. V. (1997). Sacrifice, cohesion, and conformity to norms in sport teams. Group Dynamics: Theory, Research, and Practice, 1, 231-240.

Rudman, L. A., & Fairchild, K. (2004). Reactions to counterstereotypic behavior: The role of backlash in cultural stereotype maintenance. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 87, 157-176.

Vaes, J., Paladino, M. P., Castelli, L., Leyens, J. & Giovanazzi, A. (2003). On the behavioral consequences of infrahumanization: The implicit role of uniquely human emotions in intergroup relations. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 85, 1016-1034.

Wallace, D. S., Paulson, R. M., Lord, C. G., & Bond, C. F. (2005). Which behaviors do attitudes predict? Meta-analyzing the effects of social pressure and perceived difficulty. Review of General Psychology, 9, 214-227.

Wood, W., Christensen , P. N., Hebl, M. R., & Rothgerber, H. (1997). Conformity to sex- typed norms, affect, and the self-concept. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 73, 523-535.

Reply by TitleGalCA on 9/7/06 11:12pm
Msg #144367

Re: Poor poor Pamela...,

Winston...just as poor Pamela tries to impress by posting links (lol!!!!!!!!!!!!) I think you made all this up.

But I'm quite sure poor Pamela thinks you've trumped her with references. But without links (Winston, she does LINKS!) it's not a good argument.

Please go back to the Pamela School of Philosophy to do it correctly:

http://www.theobvious.com/archive/

It's all about stating the obvious.

Reply by Winston_Tn on 9/7/06 11:26pm
Msg #144375

Re: now titlegal...,

would I do that ?

http://www.psychematters.com/papers/hinshelwood2.htm
http://www.123helpme.com/preview.asp?id=35251
http://web4.integraonline.com/~mikio/e-b&lg.html
http://www.personalityresearch.org/papers/lumbert.html <------ good one

Reply by TitleGalCA on 9/7/06 11:30pm
Msg #144378

Re: now titlegal..., Whoa....

Dude...that is so impressive. Bowing and scraping to the master, am I. (See? even my speech is getting Yoda-like).

In Zen, I am.

Reply by hcampersFL on 9/7/06 11:33pm
Msg #144379

Re: now titlegal..., Whoa....TG said Dude! n/m

Reply by Winston_Tn on 9/7/06 11:05pm
Msg #144362

Re: poor poor poor Pamela...

and here is the model I was referencing... yet why have you not become aquainted with this previously...isn't this covered in soc101... why, yes it is. Where were you ?

Conformity and Group Mentality: Why We Comply

Samantha P. Lumbert
Rochester Institute of Technology

Reply by Pamela on 9/7/06 9:28pm
Msg #144320

Winston Here's More. . .

photos.

Just had to submit this link:

http://archives.cnn.com/2000/US/01/18/lynching.photography/

Reply by Winston_Tn on 9/7/06 11:11pm
Msg #144366

Re: Pamela Here's More. . .

Yep..Thats the NR group. Damn, I can't believe they got my bad side in that photo.
So what IS your point, if you even have one. Does your soc degree entitle you to infer unstudied and unsubstantiated theories ? When did a group having direct social contact have any correlation to a cyber forum ?
You really make me laugh.

Reply by Brenda/CA on 9/7/06 2:42pm
Msg #144209

Re: Pamela

It is impossible to try to explain anything to you because you just don't seem to grasp things very well. You are contradicting yourself from one sentence to the next. You accuse the masses on the board of being in an imaginary group that has banded together against another member. You have further labeled everyone as having group mentality (mob, crowd, gangs? get real) so now you are accusing people of not being able to think for themselves. You are standing on your soapbox demanding FlaMac's rights (your fear of her being banished is insane, it was a figure of speech). Then you further complain about someone having a gutter mouth, and the person you complain about has not even posted in this thread, and is not even here to defend themselves (talk about being off topic). You really need to take some Prozac, and try to calm down so that you can think rationally before you make these multiple insane posts. Before you accuse me of being in a fictional gang let me assure you this is 100% JMHO.

Reply by BrendaTx on 9/7/06 2:58pm
Msg #144212

Re: Brenda Tx - Pamela - I'll break it down...

1) Is NR a democracy just like the USA?

No. Absolutely not. It is a business. You state it gets attention. You are correct. As long as it gets attention, such as it is, the owner probably won't change a thing. It is driven by profit, not by votes. When the current face of NR does not work for the owner, it will change.

2) Does NR provide protection of pure freedom of speech as does the Consitution of the USA?

No. No comparison. It's Harry's decision on what stays and what goes. That should be easy to understand.

3) Does NR provide rights by fact of citizenship such as does the USA?

No. Hardly. You play by the rules and stay out of the owner's face and you keep your listing privilege, and your privilege to post.

4) Are these mandatory for all notaries: (1) reading the forum (2) membership (3) posting (4) pledging allegience to NR (5) paying for a listing

No. You have the freedom block it from your computer if you hate what it is. Otherwise, you welcome an irritation into your life. That's not NR's fault, or the other posters' fault, it is the reader's fault.

===========================
Conclusion: Pamela, IMHO your logic does not apply. This is not a democracy, a non-profit organization, or group therapy.

Idea: When it runs too extreme against your beliefs, you take charge of the foul beast.

How? Banish it from your view.

Until then, expect heated debate...that's what it seems to have evolved into.

Reply by Pamela on 9/7/06 12:46pm
Msg #144180

Brenda/TX: Spelling Correction: Has become

Brenda,

After re-reading this, the person in question
sounds just like Mr. president, George Bush!

lol,

Pam

Reply by Jahari Davis on 9/7/06 12:59pm
Msg #144183

After watching S.O.A.P. I advise against snake handling! n/m

Reply by Brenda_CO on 9/7/06 2:04pm
Msg #144200

Pamela, are you a little nuts today??

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.