Florida NSA Network
Notary Discussion History

Florida NSA Network
Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by BobRogers_FL on 9/12/06 3:37pm
Msg #145558

Florida NSA Network

Attn: Becca/FL

Thank you for the invite to join your network, but I respectfully decline. I am not in the least bit interested in turning over all my contact information to my competition. I have already been undercut by newbies in the area and as far as I'm concerned what you are asking is adding insult to injury. I have contacts in my area that I know and trust. I network with these people because I know that they are not going to take my best clients away from me unless the client comes to them.

The networks and rules that you are espousing makes no sense at all to me. If I were to sell my business then of course I would have to turn over my most valuable asset which is my contacts. If this has already been shared with everyone else in the business, what value is it as an asset?

I don't how Brenda's network could be such a big success if she is operating along these same lines. Something sure seems amiss to me.

Reply by Charles_Ca on 9/12/06 3:59pm
Msg #145560

It sure is tough to argue with success! Benda's network is

just that successful. Of course its your business and your choice but I don't think that you've taken the time to read the system Brenda is posting on his site. If you would you wold realize that while you are sharing your contacts so is everything else. I believ its called synergy. Brenda has been doing this for several years and it works well for the network. The network is not for everyone that is for sure. Just my 2 cents and i wish you the best in whatever pat you take.

Reply by BrendaTx on 9/12/06 4:10pm
Msg #145565

Re: It sure is tough to argue with success! Benda's network is

It's nearing two years, Charles. Smile

80% of the 15 members we have in our group is title company work.

I quote the same for TC as I do for SS.

Reply by BobRogers_FL on 9/12/06 6:15pm
Msg #145604

Re: It sure is tough to argue with success! Benda's network is

What part of Texas is in California?

Reply by Charles_Ca on 9/12/06 6:28pm
Msg #145611

That's childish! That's the comment of a 4 year old! n/m

Reply by MistarellaFL on 9/12/06 4:00pm
Msg #145561

I don't think Becca is asking you to give away your contacts, Bob, it is more along the line of REFERRING those signings (to another member of the network) you'll be declining for whatever reason you have, and to refer closings OUTSIDE your area to a member of the network who serves that particular area.
There are a few of us who already have a non-official referral network. For example, one particlar TC I work with quite often sometimes has a closing in Naples, about 100 miles from me. because I know a particlar NSA in that area, who I consider quite capable and conscientious, I often give them her contact information. And vice versa.
We both serve a bit of Ft. Myers, almost 1/2 way between our geographical areas. When each of us get a call for a signing we can't take (already have an appt. for that time, for example)
Sometimes she can't accommodate the TC, and rather just let them hunt and peck for an NSA, she gladly refers them to me, and I do the same. Does that help clear things up?
Sorry, I just came back from a medical appt. and am taking pain meds, I'm a little fuzzy-headed
I think you have misunderstood the purpose/function of the network.
Hopefully, Brenda or Becca or someone else can help me explain it.
Gotta go lie down, LOL
This is one of those days I am referring to another NSA in the network!

Reply by PAW on 9/12/06 4:55pm
Msg #145576

>>> I don't think Becca is asking you to give away your contacts, Bob, it is more along the line of REFERRING those signings (to another member of the network) you'll be declining for whatever reason you have, and to refer closings OUTSIDE your area to a member of the network who serves that particular area. <<<

I don't think so, Misty. According to the email:

[quote]
You will bring your contacts to the table and share them with the others. You will not be part of the network if you do not understand that this is mandatory.
[/quote]

The way I read that, I would need to provide all my contacts for all the members. In this neck of the woods, there is just too much competition to do that. As Roger said, our biggest asset is the relationship we have with our contacts. I can't afford to give away the store, even though much of it has already been stolen by the proliferation of NSAs and price undercutting.

Brenda/TX can probably afford to do that. (I don't know what her competition is like.) But when I'm competing with a couple **hundred** other NSAs, I can't. (Did a 20 mile NotaryRotary search around Brenda and came up with two other NSA's. Did a 20 mi search around me, and came up with 95! And these are just the ones listed with NotaryRotary!!)

Reply by BrendaTx on 9/12/06 4:59pm
Msg #145577

Re: Florida NSA Network - Paul, hopefully

no more than one person per county in the same area. Yes, the network members should come to the table with contacts.

Houston, Austin, DFW, and East Texas are more populated. Of course there's not a plethora of untrustworthy people in your area if you are on a network. I have no one any closer than 90 miles to me.

Reply by MistarellaFL on 9/12/06 5:10pm
Msg #145580

Sorry, Paul, I am a little bzzed from this medication, and I know I didn't state it correctly, but it is my understanding that we will be sharing our contract information to the private network only, not other notaries in our respective areas. I understand that only 1-2 notaries will be covering a particular geo-area. I wouldn't consider any organization who would just "give-away" my contacts to the masses either.

Reply by PAW on 9/12/06 5:39pm
Msg #145585

The was no mention or implication that this was a "limited" network. Unless the limit is set to a geographical area around each NSA, it would be next to impossible to manage. For example, I cover 6 counties, only because I'm in the corner of 5 of them. This is not to say I can completely cover all the counties, which I can't, but a better way than county segregation would need to be employed.

Besides all that, I already have a 'network' of notaries that I consistently refer work to. I'm not about to throw that away. I think that anyone who has been doing this kind of work for more than a few years, probably has their own network, whether formalized or not.

Reply by BrendaTx on 9/12/06 5:51pm
Msg #145587

Well, Paul, I am not going to argue this is good, or bad. It's working for us and that's all I care about.

I am not the only person doing this. It's also in Michigan and in Ohio. They took it up when I did.

In fact, I would not post about the network concept until I knew it worked. I did not want to fight the naysayers.

Probably did not get much flack from the boards because there are not that many Texans posting/reading. (Those are the ones who kill us all, don't ya know, with low fees - they take em.)

I'd say bi-weekly now, I am getting calls from TCs who say, "thank goodness...some sanity. We cannot use the notaries the SSs have been getting us."

The members in our group trust me to send them the business. They send me plenty. However, I refer out much more than I get to keep. It's all in the activity in your area.

Reply by BrendaTx on 9/12/06 5:53pm
Msg #145589

Re: Florida NSA Network - a final note and then I am done...

There is not one penny of income which comes to me except for signings...not in my own network, and not by promoting this concept. I am writing a little here and there on it, but it's free and I have been sending it here and there for free.

I have no ulterior motive for promoting this except to help other experienced people to get out from underneath the slashed prices offered by signing services.

Reply by PAW on 9/12/06 6:10pm
Msg #145598

Brenda, et al,

The point here is that there is a over abundance of notary signing agents. Unless some very strict measures are in place, there will be no way to avoid overlapping territories. And, in the email announcement about the network, there was no mention of limiting membership such that overlapping territories would be avoided.

You state that you nearest network neighbor is 90 miles away. That's great. But my fear is that my nearest network neighbor is going to be 20 miles away. As the record show, there are hundreds within the 20 miles already.

The pie is dwindling in size and the number of forks in the pie is still growing by leaps and bounds. It's at the point that there are only a few 'full timers' left in this area. Most, including myself, have had to find supplemental income because of the reduction in fees to remain competitive and ever shrinking pie.

I am glad that the network works for you. In the manner in which it was presented to me, I don't see it being successful in this area. I'm not trying to be a nay-sayer only stating things the way I see them. I think networking is great. I'm already a member of a few different networks (one is NSA related), and they are successful, but the models each network uses is completely unique to that particular network. Not all models will work in all situations. It's good to have a model to work from, but that model must be remolded to fit the environment, not trying to make the environment conform to the model.

Reply by Charles_Ca on 9/12/06 6:26pm
Msg #145610

Paul I'm not arguing your point. I don't have the e-mail all

I know about what Becca sent out is what Rogers said. Did you get an e-mail from Becca? I know that when Brenda posted her outline of how her system worked she was quite specific that the the network was not an open system and the membership was by territory and limited and thta the network shared all intelligence. This had evolved over several posts perhaps the information is too spread out over the the past several days.

Reply by Becca_FL on 9/12/06 9:07pm
Msg #145652

Re: Paul I'm not arguing your point. Chuck

>>>This had evolved over several posts perhaps the information is too spread out over the the past several days.<<<

I think you nailed it.

Reply by Charles_Ca on 9/12/06 9:24pm
Msg #145653

Sounds like Lucy on Peanuts. Hey Chuck! n/m

Reply by Becca_FL on 9/12/06 9:53pm
Msg #145655

That's why I like to say it. :) n/m

Reply by hcampersFL on 9/13/06 6:46am
Msg #145689

Re: Sounds like Lucy on Peanuts. Hey Chuck!-NOT

That would be Peppermint Pattie. She always call him Chuck. Yes I would say Becca does remind me of Peppermint Pattie sometimes, that's a good thing!

Beverly

Reply by Becca_FL on 9/12/06 9:38pm
Msg #145654

>>>The pie is dwindling in size and the number of forks in the pie is still growing by leaps and bounds. It's at the point that there are only a few 'full timers' left in this area. Most, including myself, have had to find supplemental income because of the reduction in fees to remain competitive and ever shrinking pie.<<<

I'm happy to report that I have NOT had to look for employment elsewhere and I credit that to the fact that I have become an asset to my business partners (yes, I said partners) that I work with. I network with three other NSAs that come into my county, all three live in different counties, but we all try to find work in MY county. Am I afraid to refer business to them outside of my coverage area? NO. I'm not afraid, because we all have mutual respect. I'm not afraid of the "competition" I worked too long in the TV/Radio Advertising business to give into that paranoid talk. I know what works in advertising/marketing today. I don't dwell on what might have worked 30 years ago, the fact is things change and our business has changed and is ever changing. Are you ready?

Reply by Becca_FL on 9/12/06 8:57pm
Msg #145650

Re: Florida NSA Network Paul

Paul, I think you may have misread the email.

I said:

"The network will be based on the Texas NSA Network model and will have certain requirements for membership. I would like to have a board or committee of about 6 to help narrow down the requirements."

"I have included a list of the Texas NSA Networks list of criteria for membership so you can decide for yourself if this is the type of group you would like to be involved with."

AND I added the text that Brenda/TX posted here in msg #144982.

It's NOT for everyone, that's for sure, but after discussing a network with some of the participants we came to the conclusion that we don't want a cookie cutter, everyone's invited to join kind of group. I, personally, don't want my name on a list next to a back-dater or a newbie that thinks handing out loose acks is hunky-dory or worse a Notary that brings her child to a closing in a stranger’s home. We ALL know those Notaries exist and I do not want to be associated with them AT ALL.

We asked you and Bob to join because we know you are both very professional Notaries and share the same high standards that we do. Now, we'll just have to work a bit harder to find competitors in your respective areas with the same high standards.

I've had to search out notaries before. Thank goodness for a little TC in Okeechobee, FL that referred the Okeechobee Notary to me! I spoke with the Notary today and guess what?...she is now working for the TC and she is allowed to work around her signing schedule. The gal told me today that her business has increased since I started referring her and she would be happy to be a part of the network. That's the kind of good news I like to hear.

Reply by BrendaTx on 9/12/06 4:06pm
Msg #145563

I just mapped out where you are from Becca.

That's 136 miles according to Google Maps. Why wouldn't you share contacts with Becca? I'd count it a privilege to be invited. I am sure she is not inviting people she does not see as true professionals to join her.

This is great to discuss, Bob.

If you are happy with your current status, I'd say you should go on and forget about it.

However, you can be a part of a network, or you can wish you were later. Believe me, plenty of people knock on our door weekly wanting in a spot that is already covered. Once the territory is covered, there's no more room.

Bob, I just got a call for a $150 job...

Can I do tomorrow?

Sure! Just give the address. (That would have made for a really nice day for a Tx notary.)

Well, it is in Travis County.

Uh oh...that's not me, but let me give you the names of two people in my area who cover that area. Guess what I charge my associates for that. Zero...notta. Why? Because they are doing the same for me.

In the network, you do not have a million notaries in each county, you spread them out.

That's the only way it works.

Some notaries share counties...I share a county or two with EastTexNotary.com, but that's okay. We get called for our immediate area and then if it's between us, whoever gets the call covers it, or if they cannot, they refer it to the other.

Tomorrow, I have two signings. One with edocs. My day will be $350. I think that's nice for one day. The money is there for title companies to pay it.

One is a new title company, one is a new loan officer. I will send my network list back to each of them to show them where the experienced people are. Chances are, this is another new title company in our bag. I know the LO has been "told" by her consorts to use us.

Title companies are tired of hiring signing services who lowball notaries. In a network, you make it almost as easy as calling a signing service...maybe one extra call, tops.

Sorry you see it this way, but I promise you that have not taken a signing for less than $150...many have been $175, $200, and $225... in four months now, Bob. Well, I did accept an o/n last month for $125 and then got it bumped back up to $150 for eDocs.

The network has finally taken off this year. FINALLY.

And, it's nice to hear, "You tell me what YOUR schedule is...we'll tell them when you can do it." ~or~ "HELP!!!! When CAN you do...We have to work with you or one of the network members...the loan officer requires it."

Reply by Dorothy_MI on 9/12/06 5:32pm
Msg #145583

The way we do it, Brenda, et al

We don't bring our contacts to the table, but we each promote the network as a whole to all of our contacts. We decided to do it this way because although we are in a heavily populated area, our territories do overlap. This seems to work best for us.

Reply by BrendaTx on 9/12/06 5:37pm
Msg #145584

Re: The way we do it, Brenda, et al

And, if that's working for you, Dorothy, then you should keep it up.

The thing we do is share weekly who we sent our brochure out to. When we get a "hit" off of one of those, it's really a positive, motivating thing.

I think that I am really *close* to all the members in my group and we are so spread out that it does not matter.

I tell every single contact I make with my network. We are very supportive, caring and concerned for each other.

If we were located w/i a few miles of each other, that would not work as well.

Reply by BrendaTx on 9/12/06 5:43pm
Msg #145586

Re: The way we do it, Brenda, et al - in fact...

I actually market THEM much as a signing service would market to their clients...except, I do it for no fee understanding that what's good for them is good for me.

I kind of understand where Bob's coming from in his doubt. As long as we are totally isolated from others like us in our own state, we tend to feel pretty wary. Having strong relationships with other notaries is paramount for me...I'd still be fiddling around with LA Onestop signing for $60...actually, I'd be out of business.

As long as a notary is 90 miles from me, how could they hurt me? Except that they low ball...and yes, there's plenty of those, but no longer in the group.

When we first started out, it was discussed that some in the DFW area did not want to pass their people over to the others in the DFW area. That's no longer a problem b/c now we only have people on opposite sides of DFW and same for Austin, Houston.

I still say that those who don't mind taking SS fees should stick with their plan. Anyone who is happy with their business as is, should not look in this direction. It requires a give/take attitude.

Reply by Becca_FL on 9/12/06 10:04pm
Msg #145657

Re: The way we do it, Brenda, et al - in fact...

My average signing fee for the last 12 months has been $133 and I can only hope to increase that. My time IS valuable and I will continue to work smarter not harder. I enjoy taking 8 weeks + vacation each year AND thanks to the notaries in my network I can take a vacation and not worry about losing an account. Thank you!!!! You know who you are. Smile

Reply by Charm_AL on 9/12/06 4:31pm
Msg #145567

You could have replied via e-mail...Bob
I can't believe you were invited in the first place.
That was very professional of you Becca, but this character is a negative human being and I can't see any real contribution forthcoming anyway. Consider yourself lucky for the decline.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 9/12/06 6:30pm
Msg #145612

Re: Florida NSA Network - Charm

Not getting into the network debate here, just want to say that I have "known" Bob Rogers 6 years now and I would never consider him a "negative" human being. He may have a negative opinion regarding a network, but that doesn't make him a negative human being.
I have a great respect for Bob and I do refer work to him when I can (which unfortunately isn't often).

Reply by Charm_AL on 9/12/06 6:49pm
Msg #145616

Re: Florida NSA Network - Sylvia

I understand that different personalities tend to crash. You know I love you dearly and respect you immensely. However my opinion remains the same, as I haven't read anything positive or helpful from this poster. I also respect and admire Paul and I understand that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, however he as well as yourself have class.
Everytime I see a post from him, I think to myself...what's this crotchety ol fool got to complain about this time? He claims he doesn't debate, he doesn't, he makes snide comments.

Reply by Teri_PA on 9/13/06 7:10pm
Msg #145849

Re: Florida NSA Network - Sylvia

It is not necessary to attack an individual when one disagrees with his/her point of view. Attacking concepts, arguing, debating are all valid, but attacking the individual by calling him a "crotchety ol fool" brings no value added to the discussion.
I respect Bob as I do many individual posters, and I look at the content of the discussion. I may not always agree with the content, but my respect for the individual remains. We are all professionals and there is no need to disparage any individual on this forum.

Reply by EastTxNotary on 9/12/06 4:54pm
Msg #145575

The Texas network is approx. 15 NSA's covering over half the state. Our goal is to cover every county in Texas with very little or no overlapping territories. Obviously, in the greater metropolitan areas, there's room for more than one NSA, but many counties are covered by only one network member. We refer to each other when a job is outside our service area and rarely have to go outside "the network" to help a TC fill appointments.

Success to the new networks!

Reply by BrendaTx on 9/12/06 5:00pm
Msg #145578

Re: Florida NSA Network - 15 per 120+ counties...

Does that make more sense?

Reply by Becca_FL on 9/12/06 10:09pm
Msg #145658

Thank you EastTxNotary

I'd love to meet with you. I visit Austin and the Dallas/Ft. Worth area about once a year.

Reply by TitleGalCA on 9/12/06 5:05pm
Msg #145579

Why are you replying to a private email on a public forum?

I'm just curious. If you had questions about a network why not just email and ask the orginator of the email rather than just jump on to a public forum and use the opportunity to dis both Becca (for being nice enough to invite you) and Brenda, who didn't ask you squat about anything?

Reply by BobRogers_FL on 9/12/06 5:53pm
Msg #145588

Re: Why are you replying to a private email on a public forum?

Not that it is really any of your business, but I guess the short answer is that I want the people around me to know how I feel about this type of networking. I'm not a debater...I say things the way I see them. So don't expect to engage me in a debate about this or any other subject.

Reply by Charles_Ca on 9/12/06 5:59pm
Msg #145590

When you broadcast it on a public forum you made it a

public issue. Its to damn late to claim its not anyone's business: you went and MADE it EVERYONE'S business by your post!

Reply by BobRogers_FL on 9/12/06 6:05pm
Msg #145593

Re: When you broadcast it on a public forum you made it a

So you don't mind when I jump in on California issues! Well, I mind when the rest of the world jumps in on Florida issues! We can take care of our business down here without any help from the outside even on a public forum.

Reply by cyndi_ca on 9/12/06 6:08pm
Msg #145596

Yikes! A little bitter are we?

With all due respect sir, It was in very poor taste to respond on the forum when the offer was posed to you privately through email. And as far as butting in on issues, I don't look at it as butting in but getting all opinions from various people with plenty of experience. Sometimes helpful. Sometimes not.

Reply by Charles_Ca on 9/12/06 6:14pm
Msg #145603

Years of being a government apartchik has obviously

removed any capability of original thought. The abject stupidity of the response defies logic, 'nuf said!

Reply by TitleGalCA on 9/12/06 6:16pm
Msg #145605

LOL! I couldn't figure out how to say that.... you got it! n/m

Reply by Brenda/CA on 9/12/06 6:16pm
Msg #145606

Re: Yikes! A little bitter are we?

Once you post something on a public forum it becomes everyones business. It was extremely tacky of you to reply to an offer on a public forum, rather then by a personnal e-mail.

Reply by cyndi_ca on 9/12/06 6:18pm
Msg #145607

Brenda/ca, can you email me pls. Thanks n/m

Reply by Brenda/CA on 9/12/06 6:24pm
Msg #145609

Re: Cyndi check your e-mail n/m

Reply by Becca_FL on 9/12/06 10:22pm
Msg #145661

Gee Bob, I like Chucks input n/m

Reply by Diane Ramey on 9/12/06 6:07pm
Msg #145595

Bob, I am in the TXNotary network and it's great. We share each week the companies we contacted and sent our brochure to and pass along to TC's anyone in our network that they have a county that needs to be covered. In two days I passed to a new TC the names of two of our people for them and they were so pleased that they invited me for drinks and they were buying...They were tired of inexperienced notaries and were thrilled that we could cover the areas they needed. And here's the really good thing....it's $150 and not that $50 signings from SS....

I love our network and it works wonderfully, we all seem to care about each other and help in anyway we can.....it's called networking......and guess what.....it WORDS.

Reply by BrendaTx on 9/12/06 6:23pm
Msg #145608

Diane - you go girl....whew...I was feeling the heat.

**they invited me for drinks and they were buying...**

And, that's the kind of reception that we get ONCE IT CAUGHT ON.

Thank you so much, Diane, for coming out of lurk status.

Reply by cyndi_ca on 9/12/06 6:37pm
Msg #145613

Brenda, you shouldn't be feelin' any heat

You are doin' a fine job and your network obviously works. I think though it might not work well in areas such as Ca. Could be wrong, I may be finding out. There are over 1700 notaries in my area. (20mi.) Florida and Cal. as you know are saturated fer sure.

Reply by Charles_Ca on 9/12/06 6:52pm
Msg #145618

Hi Cyndi, I may be wrong but the number of notaries should

be irrelevant. The beauty of Brenda's system in my eyes is that it is a concerted, orchestrated marketing effort and those are always successful. However the system takes a group of committed individuals who are dedicated to the success of the group. If everyone doesn't work together the effort is wasted but using Brenda's method you are leveraging you ability to market multiplied by the number of members. Its interesting that everyone complains about the system as it is now but when someone comes out with a system that works a lot of people pile on it saying that it couldn't be done. The system is not for everyone but then again the old 80/20 rules holds up every time its tried. 20% of the Notaries get 80% of the income and its not a zero sum game. There are reasons why the 80% go around sulking because they believe that the system is unfair to them when in actuality the 20% are doing some thing different. Not everyone can succeed!

Reply by Charles_Ca on 9/12/06 6:54pm
Msg #145619

Cyndi, I wanted to add that the system may not be for you

but I suspect that regardless of what system you use you are going to be one of the successful 20%, I see that you are in it for the long haul. I know one thing that the majority of the notaries I see have no system and those would be the 80% who complain that they are at the mercy of the SS!

Reply by BrendaTx on 9/12/06 6:57pm
Msg #145621

Cyndi - Check your email, gal. I just sent you a note. n/m

Reply by Becca_FL on 9/12/06 10:26pm
Msg #145664

I so happy for you! Keep up the great work Diane! n/m

Reply by TitleGalCA on 9/12/06 6:14pm
Msg #145602

***Not that it is really any of your business, but I guess the short answer is that I want the people around me to know how I feel about this type of networking.***

This is very curious because you have a link on your website to "Notary Cooperative dot com" a network of notaries.

Sounds like you are part of a network already. So why the comment to about Brenda's network, "something sounds amiss". That's suggesting to an entire forum that there is something wrong with Brenda's network.

You belong to a network and are dissing Brenda's. Hm. that's real nice - all because you got an invitation by email.

Nice guy.

Reply by Dorothy_MI on 9/12/06 6:40pm
Msg #145614

Bob's Network

I am somewhat familiar with the network Bob belongs too. Talk about an exclusive club! I was invited in when it first started. They only will allow one notary per state!!! They finally did relent and put in two for Michigan, one in the lower pensula and one in the UP (that's Upper Pensula for you non midwesterns), connected by a single bridge. After being a member for about 3 weeks another notary in the state ask to join and even though I had no objection (we do not live in the same county although sometimes our territory overlaps), they decided that they'd rather have her as they felt she would have more to contribute to the network. And I was OUT!! Oh, well, their loss.

Reply by Becca_FL on 9/12/06 11:01pm
Msg #145670

Dorothy how many referrals did you get from the network?

No Notary can cover an entire state unless you live in DC or RI. Sounds like a very bad concept to me...unless, of course, you own a SS.

Reply by Dorothy_MI on 9/12/06 11:39pm
Msg #145677

Re: Dorothy how many referrals did you get from the network?

Becca, in only about three weeks you can't get many. I couldn't even come close to handling all the signings in just my county alone and there are 83 counties in MI. But to answer your question, none that I am aware of. I wouldn't even want to cover the entire state of RI. Now from our current network, we all get referrals all the time. And I know that I and at least 3 others have gotten calls from title companies off our mailing piece. And the title companies (and very good, very select signing services) really appreciate knowing that if we refer someone to them that they will do a good job.

Reply by Becca_FL on 9/13/06 2:08am
Msg #145682

Re: Dorothy how many referrals did you get from the network?

Happy days for you and your network, Dorothy. I think you got it go'in on!

Reply by BobRogers_FL on 9/12/06 6:47pm
Msg #145615

I never said that I didn't belong to any networks. I do network. I do responsibly, not helter skelter.

As far as positing the private message on a public forum is concerned, if you need a precedent, just go down a few lines and you will find a lot of posts about a "private" message sent out by LSI asking for reduction in e-doc fees. There are thousands of other examples, so get off your high horse and look at this the way it is.

Reply by cyndi_ca on 9/12/06 6:51pm
Msg #145617

Not sitting on a high horse

LSI ia a SS and we all share information. There is a diff.

Reply by Charles_Ca on 9/12/06 6:57pm
Msg #145620

Cyndi, the 4th comment on this thread should tell you all

you need to know!

Reply by cyndi_ca on 9/12/06 6:59pm
Msg #145622

It must be lonely on that island. LOL n/m

Reply by Becca_FL on 9/12/06 10:57pm
Msg #145669

Not to worry TG

The forum Bob belongs to has one, yes ONE, Florida Notary and guess who that Notary is?

I can understand the reluctance to join another network when the one that you already belong to has just ONE member. In the words of Dr, Phil "How's that work'in for you?"

Now that's NOT my definition of a network, but hey, if it works for you.

Reply by Becca_FL on 9/12/06 10:21pm
Msg #145659

Apparently Bob prefers to be involved in a network

where he is the ONLY Florida Notary...Notary Cooperative?????

I'm glad to know this now because I was the member that thought it would be a good idea to include him.

Okay, who wants to take up this responsibility because I obviously suck at it.

I'll stick to what I know; closings and marketing.

Reply by TitleGalCA on 9/12/06 10:29pm
Msg #145666

that was the point of my post earlier Becca

But Dorothy had him pegged (and the network as well) to a "T". A very "special" network....read that to mean not a network at all, just a group of chosen notaries. Dorothy was bounced for someone else with no reason.

Not good marketing, not good networking. You go Becca, you're idea is a good one; and a CURRENT one.

Reply by Becca_FL on 9/12/06 7:20pm
Msg #145626

Re: Florida NSA Network Bob

Well Bob, I’m sorry you can’t see the importance of gorilla marketing tactics in today’s ever changing business world. Things are changing in this business and you will either be ahead of the curve or behind it. I think it is important to think outside the box as far as marketing is concerned. Taking cookies to your local Title Companies and Brokers is old hat, overdone and just plain doesn’t work. Becoming an asset to the businesses you cater to is one sure way to consistently grow your client base.

I understand you have been in business for quite some time and still adhere to common practices of years gone by, but maybe you can open your mind just a little to see the good that can come out of networking. I’ve been involved with networking groups since the 80’s and they’re still around (more so now than ever) so they must work. Do some research on the subject; you just might change your mind.

BTW, territories will be semi-exclusive and no low-ballers will be accepted.

Your loss is your competitions gain.

Reply by MelissaM_FL on 9/12/06 8:29pm
Msg #145645

Re: Florida NSA Network - My Take since Becca and I compete.

She and I cover much of the same area, St. Lucie and Indian River Counties. I'm still on board with the Network for several reasons. One is that Becca and I have been referring back and forth for over a year now and have had no major conflicts. I also, with my business partner, cover several areas that Becca won't and she covers areas that I don't cover.

We both work for many of the same companies, but I have no problem sharing my business contacts with her or any of the other notaries in the FL Network because it will, in the long run, grow my business.

A search of my zip code (34951) would probably reveal 80-100 notaries within 50 miles of me. When that number first started growing, my business went a little flat. However, Becca and I are both true professionals who take our business and our jobs very seriously. It's nice to know that I can refer my company to someone who is going to do an excellent job for them. I believe that Becca feels the same way.

Expanding the network of notaries that are committed to the same excellent service is a positive for me. I hate to refer to someone and then hear back from title that the other notary did not do a good job.

Reply by Becca_FL on 9/12/06 9:05pm
Msg #145651

Re: Florida NSA Network - My Take since Becca and I compete.

Gee Melissa,

A gal has a busy afternoon working, followed by dinner out with SO and comes home to 12 inches of discussion to catch up on. ?????????

I'm tired already.

Reply by MistarellaFL on 9/13/06 8:23am
Msg #145708

Yes, Melissa those are my feelings too

How many times have I referred an NSA and received a "where did you find HIM/HER" report?
There are quite a few TC's I work with exclusively in my area who often ask me for a referral in another area. I am very excited to have a larger network where I can be confident in the referral. It makes me look good, too, and will help increase ALL of the participant's revenues.

Reply by MelissaCT on 9/13/06 7:30am
Msg #145694

I network with a select few notaries in this state. Through this MUTUAL partnership (for lack of a better term), I have increased my client base to include some TC and Attorneys that I would go to the ends of the earth for (they are THAT D*** Good to work with).

Since I refer signings that I can't cover anyway, I'm not losing anything by sharing this information. MY clients still call me first. THEIR clients still call them first. It truly is a win-win.

The people I CHOOSE to network with do not undercut. We all have mutual respect for each other's business. Between us, we cover the entire state of CT. Some territories overlap, but if I can't do a signing for whatever reason, even if it's in my own backyard, I can't do it. I'm not losing business that I can't complete anyway by referring to someone that can.

It's the big picture that needs to be looked at in considering the networking concept.

Just my 2 cents.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.