Notary Rotary
For Maryland Notaries
Notary Discussion History

For Maryland Notaries
Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by WDMD on 9/26/06 12:53pm
Msg #148563

For Maryland Notaries

Vital signings has finally learned after all these years that Maryland requires a title producer license. Just received this e-mail from them.

"Dear Maryland notaries:

There have been some changes in Maryland that will affect the way loans
have to be closed. Notaries must now have a Title Producers License as
well as a 100,000 Fidelity Bond in order to perform any Real Estate
closing where there will be title insurance involved.

IF YOU CURRENTLY HAVE YOUR TITLE PRODUCERS LICENSE, PLEASE FAX IT TO
(951) 343-3139 SO WE CAN UPDATE YOUR FILE. WE CANNOT CALL YOU FOR WORK
UNLESS WE HAVE THIS ON FILE.

If you do not have your Title Producers License, visit the following
website for information on how to obtain it:

www.mdlta.com

For more information on this subject, please visit the following sites:

http://www.mdinsurance.state.md.us/documents/BulletinP&C03-18.pdf

http://mgasearch.state.md.us/data/2006rs/bills_noln/hb/thb1460.rtf

Thank you,

Ryan Edwards
Vice President of Operations
Vital Signing, Inc

Reply by Jersey_Boy on 9/26/06 1:50pm
Msg #148573

Maybe now they'll offer you $80 instead of $75 since you have the TPL. lol.

Reply by WDMD on 9/26/06 2:13pm
Msg #148577

"Maybe now they'll offer you $80 instead of $75 since you have the TPL. lol."

Actually I have never worked for them, just received that e-mail. I find it curious that a company who has been in business that long would just now be claiming to find out about the state requirements.

Reply by Genkichan on 9/26/06 2:34pm
Msg #148584

I responded back to the email informing them of this, and asked how they are now handling the appointment of TPLs as closers per new underwriting requirements. Ryan wrote back suggesting that he "knows the law" and that the email was actually a soliciation for more TPLs to sign up with them. Based on the text of the email....who would have thought?!

So I wrote back again that he didn't answer my question...how is Vital going about getting us appointed by their title companies' underwriters?

I'm getting hit left and right with this from every diretion here at EOM, just when I don't have time for it! Lots of TCs are calling/emailing with frantic requests to fill out this or that form, and re-fax my doggon TPL. This is going to get uuuuuuglllly!

Reply by Beth/MD on 9/26/06 4:32pm
Msg #148603

I got this email as well. What got me is Vital seems to think this is something new.

It's amazing some of the things I've been told when asked why they think this is something new?

My answer was from LFC ---They don't need anything prior to the "new law" -- they just need a copy of the license "we now have to have!"

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.