Notary Rotary
For the Long Time Signing Agents...
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by ck_KY on 9/22/06 7:33am
Msg #147695

How is business during the Holiday Season of December? Christmas is at the end of the month and I was just curious as to how busy it is this time of year, as I am planning on going out of town and do not know if I should consider staying home.

Also, is November usually a busy month, with borrowers refinancing or getting HELOCs for Christmas purchases??? TIA for all the input.

Reply by PJM/MI on 9/22/06 7:37am
Msg #147699

It varies from year to year.2004 I did 6 closings on Christmas Eve (I was shocked by that), and then in 2005 I only did 1 on Cnristmas Eve.
It is hard to say how it will be.
Since the Feds didn't raise the interest rate, I'm hoping it'll be a GREAT Holiday season.
Good luck to all of us!

Reply by Teddog/CO on 9/22/06 7:50am
Msg #147706

CK, last Christmas was verrry busy here. But the New Year was very slow. I will be interested to see what happens this year with all the changes, interest rates,..etc. Last year I was signing on Christmas Eve.

I think a lot depends on what part of the country you live in. Here in Colorado it stays rather busy most of the time. Building is just exploding , we have a lot of military bases and even more people moving here from California. Our area is rather transient and people tend to move a great deal. Upgrading, downgrading and a lot of investment properties. Plus the fact if you have been doing this for quite a while you have a strong client base. That keeps you at least steady during the otherwise slow periods.

Hopefully it will be verrry busy.

Reply by cassiewi on 9/22/06 8:10am
Msg #147714

While I'm hardly long time compared to the vets here, the slowest month in my experience was January. Only one call and I couldn't do it. Although there may have been another reason for that. My mother in law had a stroke on New Years Day and January was hectic, she was here visiting from CA. I like to think the Man upstairs decided I didn't need to do any signings that month, I had more important things to do. JMO

Reply by BetsyMI on 9/22/06 8:17am
Msg #147716

Last year I only had one signing the week of Dec 18-25, and two the week of Dec 25-Jan1.

But I have a lot more customers now, so it's hard to say what will happen this year since my business has been very steady since March.

Reply by MichiganAl on 9/22/06 9:36am
Msg #147734

December can be kind of slow, but I'm usually pretty busy the last 10 days of the month because I'm picking up work while everyone else is on vacation.

Reply by sue_pa on 9/22/06 11:36am
Msg #147792

month end/quarter end/year end. Anyone who is established is booming the entire 4th quarter of the year, every year.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.