Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
For the network (FL, VA, AL, etc.) interested...
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by BrendaTx on 9/9/06 4:41pm
Msg #144804

It's not easy to come up with a method to list all your people in a brochure. Cindy Walder, in the coastal area of Tx came up with an ingenious method of listing people by county for ready reference.

She gave each one of us a number. Then, she listed all the counties we currently cover with the number of each notary who covers it. We print it front / back on legal sized paper and then fold it in half.

If you want to see a copy of our brochure, Look for this in my profile...near the end. You can download it from the link listed there.

Reply by Charm_AL on 9/9/06 4:44pm
Msg #144806

Thanks B, will do.

Reply by BrendaTx on 9/9/06 4:46pm
Msg #144808

Okay - I just put it up near the middle. Sorry...women like to change things a lot.

Reply by Charles_Ca on 9/9/06 5:35pm
Msg #144814

I know that you have a lot of time on your hands with

little to do but.....Smile (yeah right!) Something that may help some of these fledgling notary networks might be an outline of procedures that you have set up in Texas. From everything I've seen and heard you have a well olied machine there. I really do believe that it would be beneficial to other notary networks, especially those starting up to have a set of guidelines to go by and you might as well go with the best!

Reply by BrendaTx on 9/9/06 5:45pm
Msg #144815

Re: I know that you have a lot of time on your hands with

I am working on that a little at a time Charles. Thanks for the nudge.

Realistically, it will take three people to do this.

One person takes the bull by the horns, then two good people to support the concepts, and do whatever is needed to help keep the motivation high. At that point, those three people become the driving force and no one is more important than the other. When three people are sold on something, it's better than two, or one.

Reply by Charles_Ca on 9/9/06 5:52pm
Msg #144817

Absolutely, as I said you have the concept down pat!

You have a proven organization, tested by fire, that is why I think it would nice to be able to just duplicate it, why re-invent the wheel. It sounds to me like you have a couple of people ready to go. Perhaps you could delegate writing the manual with your guidance. That way the manual will get written as the network is being established and it will be available for others to use later and it will be a tried and true system.

Reply by AngelinaAZ on 9/9/06 6:25pm
Msg #144823

Established Networks

Brenda... I am so glad that you are considering branching out and sharing your knowledge on how to start a Network similar to yours. I hope there are many with the tenacity to go for it and take what you teach them and run with it. You can't do the work for them and that's what inevitably separates the men from the boys. Networks only help us get out from under the clutches of the Signing Services and I'm all for that. They also help us get fair pricing and I hope to see one in every state.

I also think that being a part of an established network forces the notary to adhere to stricter and more professional behavior practices.

Reply by Ernest__CT on 9/10/06 7:12am
Msg #144911

Very nice, Brenda! n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.