Notary Discussion History

G'mornin! How busy were you yesterday? n/m
Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by Jersey_Boy on 9/26/06 8:12am
Msg #148492

G'mornin! How busy were you yesterday? n/m

Reply by Charm_AL on 9/26/06 8:22am
Msg #148495

Re: G'mornin! How busy were you yesterday?

I hit a record for the best $$$ day since I started, and a cancellation for the last appt., which frankly I was happy about.

Reply by Loretta Reed on 9/26/06 8:41am
Msg #148499

I did 5 closings that started at 4:30 yesterday and my 6th closing fell off without a call (or a kiss my butt) from the title company. I was also glad that the last one did not close, I was tired. Isn't it funny that we look like counselors when we go to a closing. Almost every signing I do, I get the borrowers life story. What's the deal with that?

Reply by LawrenceOK on 9/26/06 8:40am
Msg #148498

Only two actual signings, but 5 calls from different SS's all for the same signing. Not one of them would accept my fee. I won't drive approx. 65 miles RT for a CW reif with split package and fax backs for low ball fees.

Reply by DHartley_PA on 9/26/06 9:01am
Msg #148502

Maybe it's this area or maybe it's my fees.. had only one scheduled yesterday and it was rescheduled for today...nothing else scheduled for today... what's going on?

Reply by ssqu/ky on 9/26/06 9:09am
Msg #148504

Same here. Had only 1 signing yesterday and nothing today. What is going on? Soooooo slow.

Reply by Jon_PA on 9/26/06 9:23am
Msg #148505

I had one scheduled. I accepted two more and turned down three others. My was ringing until 9:15pm.

Reply by DHartley_PA on 9/26/06 9:27am
Msg #148507

I don't get it. The week of the 10th I did 7, last week I did 3 and now this week..EOM.. is starting off really, really slow. I'm having second thoughts about this business. I've invested so much $$$ and time in it and I'm wondering if it's even worth it. And now what's with the background checks required of notaries??? Something else we have to dish out $$ for...

Reply by Charm_AL on 9/26/06 9:53am
Msg #148512

Doreen...

Don't jump yet, on the NNA required background check, I'm not sure about them and the right they have to charge us. There's a lot of controversy concerning that issue.

What I see where I'm at is that areas often get targeted. When I was a mortgage broker, we would buy lists of zip codes and cold call. Sometimes there would be more re-fi's than at other times in a particular area. On your 'down time' market yourself heavily. It doesn't happen overnight but with a lot of elbow grease and if you are doing the job right, it'll come.

I put together a letter, attach biz cards and sent, I e-mailed and registered with every company I could find online. I also advertise at other sites like this one and get calls from them as well. Every time I'm in a grocery line or in a public place, I try to hand out cards. I also tell every borrower to keep my card for future notary work or referrals. I recently started to send a little personal thank you note with my card to the scheduler when I get a new company calling on me.

We all have the good and bad, it's what you do with the slow times. I always try to put in time everyday doing something to get me out there, when not on calls.

Reply by DHartley_PA on 9/26/06 10:15am
Msg #148524

Re: Doreen...

Charm, Good points. I've actually been working on a flyer where I can attach my business card and I'm going to personally deliver it and introduce myself to all the loan, etc. companies in this area. I've found out with my other services that I tried to market with post cards that the cards get thrown in the trash at the reception area. I also need to register with more companies. Right now I'm only registered with about 100. How do you guys do 5-6 signings a day? It's near impossible when the documents for a 6:00pm signing don't get to your inbox until 6:15pm... what's your secret? And while I'm on my soapbox...I've only had one SS not pay me. Document Guardian is bad news. Even the BBB said they couldin't help me. Heard they've gone out of business.

Reply by Charm_AL on 9/26/06 10:57am
Msg #148532

Re: Doreen...

I don't use post cards for that reason, I do send a letter to companies that are not local and an intro letter to the locals 'warning' them I'll be visiting Smile

Two choices on the e-doc issue, give the scheduler a drop dead time to deliver docs during the initial call.
Or, if it doesn't mess my schedule up, I will call the borrower and tell them docs are late and reschedule for later in the day.
Yesterday I did some flip flops with borrowers to get it all done. I had docs for a 9pm and no docs for an 8pm. I did the 9 at 7:30 and the 8 wound up canceling. It's multi tasking at it's finest while stressing out, happens at the end of every month.
I have two today, two tomorrow, two on Thurs. I normally don't get 5 or 6 a day until the first week or EOM, I don't think I could handle it. EOM is bad enough. Last week was killer.

Reply by Teddog/CO on 9/26/06 9:57am
Msg #148515

Yesterday did 7 signings. Today 5, so far and it's been like this for 3 weeks!! Good grief ! I've been on the phone since 6:45AM getting the docs. All I have to say is "keep it coming." Have been working 7 days a week. This week-end I am going to fall on the couch and stay there or at least I'm going to try to! lol

Hope this trend keeps up for everyone. I think it will as bwrs' are really feeling the effects of ARM's and all the interest rates loans/credit cards. Now even getting booked out till the end of the week.

My Best to you all and stay safe out there.

Reply by kathy/ca on 9/26/06 9:59am
Msg #148516

I had 5 loans and 2 "other" notrizations yesterday. Good fee

on all b/c EOM! This entire month was better than average for me. They DO target area's which is obvious to me b/c I seem to go back to the same area in a short period to do other signing's.

Reply by Bonnie_CO on 9/26/06 10:05am
Msg #148520

7 yesterday, 9 today....now i'm waiting on docs........

Reply by Thalia Ray on 9/26/06 11:04am
Msg #148534

I had 8 yesterday and 5 more today... I got my first one at 6am yesterday and waiting on docs now for the next one at 2pm.
Hope that this keeps up .....
Hope everyone stays busy today and makes lots of $$$$

Reply by notarybycony on 9/26/06 11:55am
Msg #148546

I am having a slow week, scheduled a couple for this week. I am a newbie at this, hope my work load will pickup soon. any referral is greatly appreciated.

Reply by Ndwa on 9/26/06 12:12pm
Msg #148550

My worst ever

Got in the low 3 instead of the usual 4 figures for EOM due to 3 no-signs & cancelations which include 2 (bread & butter) piggy back.

Reply by Sandy_MD on 9/26/06 12:16pm
Msg #148553

I only had 2 yesterday, but I had to turn down 5 others because of time conflicts. Why dose everyone want to close at 7:30pm at EOM??

Reply by JO_PA on 9/26/06 12:16pm
Msg #148554

I was busier yesterday than I've been in a long time, 9 closings in 12 hours. I'm beat! Looks like this moth is going to be my best in 2.5 years. Have a 13 more scheduled before the 30th.

Reply by cassiewi on 9/26/06 12:40pm
Msg #148560

I beat my previous best month in August, and so far in September, I am already past August totals. Been pretty hectic. In a good way. I have had the opportunity to turn some jobs from low paying SS, and it feels good. Smile

Reply by MistarellaFL on 9/26/06 1:12pm
Msg #148567

I am still busy!

One of my TC's funds on Saturdays, so yowza, I am still slamming!
Thank God!

Reply by Notary_OH on 9/26/06 2:39pm
Msg #148585

6 became 5 became 6 again. The last one was a first and a second. Countrywide. First was 112 pages + 20 pages of "junk" docs. Second was 90 pages.

The borrowers Mother went into the hospital Sunday night and she asked if she could postpone it for a few days. No problem with me, but her LO at Countrywide told her that she had to close yesterday (regardless of her Mothers hospitalization). Finished at about 10:00 pm. I was exhausted.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.