Notary Rotary
Got my first refusal to pay today...
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by GenB_CA on 9/6/06 1:33pm
Msg #143868

I was contacted by the broker to do a closing but the borrower didn't sign. I agreed to go back the next day with new docs but appt. was delayed because title docs were not ready. The next day the LO asks me to contact the borrower because she has not been able to reach her.

When I call the borrower answers and tells me she's canceling because she was lied to and the new loan isn't any better than her current one. She refused to speak with anyone from the broker's office.

Now the broker rrefuses to pay even the print fee. I wouldn't mind so much except this guy's attitude was really crappy.

Well, as they say, Live and Learn.

Reply by Jersey_Boy on 9/6/06 1:48pm
Msg #143869

DON'T TAKE THEIR CRAP.

Call the LO back and tell him that you are sending an invoice for XX amount of dollars.
Tell him that if not paid by (insert date) that you will be filing complaints with your states department of banking, and your Secretary of State.

DON'T TAKE THEIR CRAP!! You did your job, now you get paid.

I'm sure an appraiser went out and performed an appraisal on the home. Even though the loan is not going through, do you think they are going to jip the appraiser? I think not.

Live and Learn by Standing up for yourself!

Reply by GenB_CA on 9/6/06 2:02pm
Msg #143870

Re: DON'T TAKE THEIR CRAP.... You're right

I guess I'm just kinda tired right now and didn't feel up to the fight. Of course that's exactly what this type of person counts on. I like the way you think Jersey Boy.

Reply by FlaMac on 9/6/06 2:09pm
Msg #143871

Call the broker and tell him your contacting the owner..

of the brokerage firm he's working for...unless he's an independent. In which case you might as well write it off to bad debt now. At least you will get some credit for it; if nothing else. Maybe file a complaint with the company..at least it will start a file on him.

The market is getting very tight. We're going to start seeing alot of brokers and loan officers get desperate to close. There are many ethical ones out there...but these are the times that bring out the worst in the profession.

Reply by Winston_Tn on 9/6/06 4:14pm
Msg #143892

Re: Call the broker and tell him your contacting the owner..

I believe you to be the last individual to make comment on either professionalism, ethics, or the "market's state of the union", although I would give you the latitude to offer your personal discourse on desperation and bad debts.

Your self-orated policies and precedures ( i.e. modus operendi ) have proven to be quite in opposition to honesty, veracity, or reliability, and in truth, often cross the border to criminal.
I am saddened that the great state of Florida has deemed you fit for commissioning, and believe you weaken the entire profession not only by your inane incorrect advise, but also your arrogant supercilious haughty attitude.

Reply by Stamper_WI on 9/6/06 10:25pm
Msg #143981

I love Shakespear n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.