Notary Rotary
Harry N/R....
Notary Discussion History

Harry N/R....
Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by Charm_AL on 9/7/06 7:48am
Msg #144041

Harry N/R....

As you know, I have never complained to you about anything since I've been a member here.
Well, there's a first time for everything.
Please! We need to have this flamac character removed from this site. If you will read over the last several posts by her you will see that she is giving advice to notaries that is illegal, wrong, unethical and anyone with the knowledge of what notary or signing agent capacity is, has already told her that.
This is a joke and I'm getting pi$$ed.

Anyone else? Voice it now!

Reply by Becca_FL on 9/7/06 7:53am
Msg #144045

Charm file a complaint...I am

http://www3.flabar.org/TFB/TFBConsum.nsf/48e76203493b82ad852567090070c9b9/59cac57c8be11c2085256b2f006c58a5?OpenDocument

Reply by Charm_AL on 9/7/06 7:54am
Msg #144047

Re: Charm file a complaint...I am

Thanks Bec...I'm definitely there!

Reply by Lisa Prestegard on 9/7/06 9:34am
Msg #144089

Becca, please add my name to your complaint. As a Florida

Notary and Signing Agent who takes her job seriously, I am apalled at the rampant UPL and down-right illegalities posted by FlaMac. I read this board far more often than I post, and am usually one to leave a person to their own devices. (Darwin's theory)
That being said, I no longer wish to remain a silent observer to her insanity.
Please... if you value your commission and your integrity ... do not EVER listen to the advice given by this person. I will not stoop to personally insulting or attacking her. I will, however, say that she is a train wreck waiting to happen. I can only think that her motive is to take as many with her as she possibly can by constantly spewing her nonsense on this board.
Becca, add my name to your complaint. Email me offline should you need help with this matter.

Reply by cassiewi on 9/7/06 7:55am
Msg #144048

As someone still a bit green to the business, I have to concur, who knows what would happen if all the respected veteran posters of this board were not here to challenge her. She is dangerous and the constant stirring up the pot is ridiculous. It's as if she lives to give horrible advice and make the members of this board angry. My .02.

Reply by hcampersFL on 9/7/06 7:57am
Msg #144049

I agree. If I had listened to her when I started on this board I would be out of business by now.
Please address this situation, either let us know that you aren't going to do anything about her or if you are.
I can't stand to see the boards so inflamed. I may be part of the problem by continuing to try and reveal what damage she is doing to this industry. Something must be done!
Beverly Nichols

Reply by cyndi_ca on 9/7/06 8:39am
Msg #144057

I too am quite concerned. I used to think that some were being unjust with respect to FlaMac and now after following the posts for quite some time I have realized (and very embarassed) that I didn't catch the craziness sooner. If I had taken some of the advice given, I would be wondering why I am not working. I have to wonder if the NSA rep has to do with people like this.

Reply by KBLedgard_CA on 9/7/06 8:19am
Msg #144051

I also concur. When you have such highly respected FL notaries like Sylvia, Paul, Becca, Bev, e al regularly trying to correct all of her incorrect posts, you know it has to be a problem.

Reply by Winston_Tn on 9/7/06 8:45am
Msg #144060

I must admit that Harry could dispense the needed remedy to this virus, however, it has become more than apparent that the Florida Governor's office needs to become involved.

From s117.01 which states that;

(1)An applicant must be able to read, write, and understand the English language.
(3) As part of the oath, the applicant must swear that he or she has read this chapter and knows the duties, responsibilities, limitations, and powers of a notary public.

I would venture an argument that Fran is obviously incapable of understanding the English language...therefore, #(3) becomes a mute point.

Given that she could prove an understanding of the English language ( as incredible as that may seem ), my argument, of which there are many documented examples, would be to show the negligence to understanding the duties, responsibilities, limitations, and powers of a notary public.

Once again from s117.01;

(4) The Governor may suspend a notary public for any of the grounds provided in s. 7, Art. IV of the State Constitution. Grounds constituting malfeasance, misfeasance, or neglect of duty include, but are not limited to, the following:

(a) A material false statement on the application.

(b) A complaint found to have merit by the Governor.

(c) Failure to cooperate or respond to an investigation by the Governor's office or the Department of State regarding a complaint.

(d) Official misconduct as defined in s. 838.022.

(e) False or misleading advertising relating to notary public services.

(f) Unauthorized practice of law.

Now (d), (e), and especially (f) just seem to jump out for some reason.... and I'm sure that with the current attitude, (c) would come into play.

Register your complaint with the proper authority, mentioning the violation of state privacy acts discussing underwriter and lender terms over the phone with unverified person(s).

If nothing else... Its just a matter of time before an incident will wipe out the E&O and require the repossession of her trailer, 1950's horn-rimmed glasses collection, and her computer (whew).

my 2¢

Reply by cyndi_ca on 9/7/06 8:59am
Msg #144065

*If nothing else... Its just a matter of time before an incident will wipe out the E&O and require the repossession of her trailer, 1950's horn-rimmed glasses collection, and her computer (whew).*

You're killing me and now my screen needs a wipin'

Reply by Becca_FL on 9/7/06 8:59am
Msg #144066

Re: Harry N/R....Link to SOS Complaint Instructions

http://www.myflorida.com/myflorida/government/governorinitiatives/notary/index.html

Reply by FlaMac on 9/7/06 10:55am
Msg #144132

GOOD. WE'LL FILE ONE AGAINST YOU TOO. Grow up...get Prozac

Furthermore...you really will get in trouble for referring false complaints. Best you go in and read the instructions for the link you've provided. I've had to report notaries in the past who were blatently backdating documentsSmile

Reply by Winston_Tn on 9/7/06 11:03am
Msg #144134

Re: ..yada..yada...BIG CAPS....SCREAM...

Not considered false when the allegations are self admitted ... documented right here on NR.

Unless of course you can prove duress ..or.. possibly coercion

Are you under duress ? Are you being coerced ?

Maybe the 'voices in your head' insanity plea would work for you.

ROFL@U

Reply by cassiewi on 9/7/06 11:06am
Msg #144139

OMG, now THAT was funny.

still laughing....

Reply by Becca_FL on 9/7/06 11:05am
Msg #144137

Fran you are a pathetic excuse for a Notary Public and in...

the words Natalie Maine...Just so you know, we're ashamed that Fran Mac is from Flroida.

You are indeed one sick human being.

Reply by FlaMac on 9/7/06 11:14am
Msg #144142

I think many of you ladies need hormone therapy....

because you appear to be pre/post-menopausal. Your behavior is absurd and speaks for itself.

Reply by Charm_AL on 9/7/06 11:17am
Msg #144144

Re: I think many of you ladies need hormone therapy....

I'd take hormone therapy any day over the lobotomy you had.

Reply by Spockmi on 9/7/06 9:03am
Msg #144068

I am a newbe to the bussiness and to the board here, but I know what I can and not do as a notary, And it seems that she just not or can not get the point when so many of you told her.I just guess that she will never will . Just my 2cents worth

Reply by PL on 9/7/06 9:26am
Msg #144086

If you are taking advice from any website and using it in

your business, I do hope you are taking it with a huge box of salt, not just a pinch. I find it a bit hard to believe that you are going to call the SOS of Florida on what you have read on a website. It seems to me that you would have to have some sort of harm to you, for you to claim this person is a danger to the community. I also wonder what validity the state would give to a claim from Wisconsin, Alabama or even Washington that this person is giving what some claim is wrong on a discussion board. It's a big country and a big notary community, it may be best to live and let live and hope everyone has enough sense to sort out what is useful and what is not.

Reply by cassiewi on 9/7/06 9:34am
Msg #144087

Re: If you are taking advice from any website and using it in

I never stated that I would be reporting her, I simply agreed with Charm regarding her presence on this board. It's not my place to report her, the FL veterans will handle that. Obviously you should take what you read on here with a grain of salt, however, isn't the point of this forum to talk with your "peers"? Why bother with it all, if that is not the point? Ultimately, what each of us does, is our business and our responsibility, but I have found this board very informative and helpful.

Reply by Charm_AL on 9/7/06 9:34am
Msg #144088

"it may be best to live and let live and hope everyone has enough sense to sort out what is useful and what is not."

I won't sit by the side lines or turn the other cheek and watch inexperienced notaries go down. This has nothing to do with having enough 'sense' to sort out what is useful.

It also has nothing to do with taking advice from 'any' website.
The purpose of this forum has been stated ad nauseum.

If I had a computor virus, you would never hear me say..."oh well, I have a big RAM I hope it doesn't destroy anything that's useful."

Reply by PL on 9/7/06 9:45am
Msg #144095

Very Noble of you

"I won't sit by the side lines or turn the other cheek and watch inexperienced notaries go down. This has nothing to do with having enough 'sense' to sort out what is useful"

I hope that Harry has the fortitude to resist the calls for banishment, because one day those calls may come for you or me and I hope he'll let those pass too.

Reply by SueW/Tn on 9/7/06 10:05am
Msg #144103

PL you make a strong point

and immediately after my post those nasty words of "censure" crawled around my mind. I, like you, want to believe and fight for our "freedoms", that's a given. And you are right about one day Harry may be asked by the majority to censure or worse, banish me. Having said that I do believe that Harry should make an attempt to protect other members from gibberish and UPL, something a Notary KNOWS she/he cannot practice. Forget about being an SA, a NOTARY cannot practice law, simple as that. This "notary" is practicing law, giving out legal advice and needs to be reined in. We have to remember this is a notary forum, not an SA forum.

Reply by FlaMac on 9/7/06 10:47am
Msg #144127

YOU BETTER BE ABLE TO PROVE THAT IN A COURT OF LAW DEAR

cause otherwise it falls under slander and defamation. You have clearly lived in the back woods for too too long. You give the home state of my niece and nephew a bad name with your jibberish.

Reply by SueW/Tn on 9/7/06 11:01am
Msg #144133

Fran...you need help

you appear to be your own worst enemy. The old saying "give a person enough rope" certainly applies to you. Adding your own personal docs to a loan package is UPL but I'm thinking even you aren't that dumb. Lisa laid it all out pretty well, with a little time anyone can find out what you've been up to. What I totally do not understand is your eagerness to come on a public forum and show your own stupidity. You should probably spend more time out in nature and less time thinking up dumb stunts. As they say in my part of the country, you've ripped your shorts.

Reply by FlaMac on 9/7/06 11:17am
Msg #144143

See post above about your need for hormone therapy n/m

Reply by Charm_AL on 9/7/06 11:09am
Msg #144141

Re: YOU BETTER BE ABLE TO PROVE THAT IN A COURT OF LAW DEAR

not sure who you're yelling at, but don't freak out too bad. You just keep doing what you're doing and the rest will work itself out.
Also, as far as proof? lol look around town clown, I'm not going to tell you where it is. You already know that.
No slander or defamation, trust me on that much Wink

Reply by Marlene/USNA on 9/7/06 11:03am
Msg #144136

Re: PL you make a strong point

You know, I've made that point myself a couple of times, that it's a notary forum not an SA forum, and was told that I was way off-base. It's a signing agent forum, no doubt about it.

Most of us have probably made a mistake by posting something erroneous - I know I have, possibly more than once, and I heard about it. I hope no one asked Harry to "protect other members" from my misinformation, which could have been gibberish and/or recommending UPL, by suspending my posting privileges.

It's not Harry's job to protect people from themselves. If Floridians don't know their state's laws or the business well enough to grasp if FlaMac's posts are legitimate or not, how is Harry going to know? How, for that matter, are posters from California, Arkansas, Alabama, Tennesee and Pennsylvania going to know?

If you feel that strongly about something, wouldn't a more effective method to a resolution of your liking be to report the poster to the proper authorities instead of asking Harry to start censuring people who post things we disagree with?

Reply by SueW/Tn on 9/7/06 11:07am
Msg #144140

Point well taken n/m

Reply by Charm_AL on 9/7/06 10:07am
Msg #144104

Re: Very Noble of you

There too, it has nothing to do with me being noble. I am a conscientious notary public. It is in my nature to nurture.

With that being said, if I was so outrageously dangerous to my peers and repeatedly called on it, I would banish myself - instantaneously.
This is not a matter of making the occasional mistake and learning by it.
Too me, your message says you also believe criminals shouldn't go to prison because one day you may be one?
If watching out for other's backs is noble, then everyone that responded is also noble and quite possibly sick of reading this posters illegal, and unethical tripe.

Reply by Winston_Tn on 9/7/06 10:11am
Msg #144108

Re: Very Noble of you

*I hope that Harry has the fortitude to resist the calls for banishment, because one day those calls may come for you or me and I hope he'll let those pass too.*

and how reserved of you.... If you or Charm or anyone else begins to promote unethical and/or illegal practices...AND...... continues this practice after being repeatedly advised of the illegitimacy of the act, and the prohibitive alignment to this office... I hope that Harry has the fortitude to banish you as well.

Did you just wake up ? Is today a new start to the rest of your life? This person is in opposition to the conduct of a Notary Public, and has defiantly continued her insolence amidst a bevy of advisement on both conduct and regulations.... The fact that these actions do not impassion you, when it directly reflects on what you are suppose to uphold, concerns me.

Reply by Winston_Tn on 9/7/06 9:42am
Msg #144093

Turning a blind eye is the option you are advocating... the perfect pacifist.
I guess many just cannot live life that way and still look in a mirror. More power to those of you that can.
It takes the SOS only a few phone calls to verify that someone reviewed terms with you over the phone without any verification as to your real identity. A few more questions to establish that legal advise was rendered, and only a single signature on an unethical document to show
grounds constituting malfeasance or misfeasance. My concern is for the borrowers involved and the integrity of this profession. So just sit back and relax...afterall, its not in your backyard...YET!

Reply by Marlene/USNA on 9/7/06 10:43am
Msg #144125

Ummmm, that's not quite true, Charm. . .

You have a post to Harry from this past February about anon posters. This is a post about a specific poster. The only difference is that now you have a name to use.

Flame-retardant jammies on. . .

Reply by Charm_AL on 9/7/06 10:54am
Msg #144130

Re: Ummmm, that's not quite true, Charm. . .

ok, so I forgot, I'll slap myself later...actually, I was thinking e-mail as I wrote that.
I've heard many speak of e-m'ing him. That, I've never done.

Tard on Detecto! Smile

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.