Notary Rotary
Harry what is it I have done.
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by Brad Closing agent directory on 9/19/06 12:10pm
Msg #146943

Harry , I have been accused of advertising , Of false or unknowing statements ( by getting corrected every time I post).
I am not a 123 or a gomob. I am the company that calls notaries to get signings done.
My question to you is what is it I have done ?
I came here with the entire intent of helping signers get more signings. I am A title company and we close and do title in all 50 States. I am also certified in 17 states to speak ( by each states department of insurance )
I have not solicited, I do not charge for anything , I hire signers ( closers ) to close loans. I was bringing the title prospective to this site and all I get is *&^%.

Reply by BrendaTx on 9/19/06 12:35pm
Msg #146950

I am not Harry, but I am a gal who is able to read the instructions, as well as your website and what I find is that you are in direct competition with this site. As others have told you:

Read the Rules:

I. Advertising

Do not advertise your own products or services without prior approval. Most advertisements are not relevant to most users and are therefore wasted space.

Do not advertise competing websites, directly or indirectly, without prior approval. We spend thousands of dollars per month to advertise our service for your benefit. We would rather not be paying to advertise for the benefit of our competitors. This includes sites like 123 and goMobile.

Reply by Brad Closing agent directory on 9/19/06 12:54pm
Msg #146959

I have went to my profile and changed it to Title topics and it still posts this way first and second I guess I did not consider my self in Competition with this sight since I have came here many many times to find someone to handle a loan closing for me. We hire you guys/gals I am not selling anything < space on a site, web page, e-mail > I pay people to go to customers houses and get loan docs signed.
Does notary rotary hire you to close loans ? I thought this was a site for NSA to advertise to people like me to get contracted for signings.
If notary rotary provides closings for you then I apologise and I am out. I thought you guys where talking about closing companies , Docs , and looking for signings.
Sorry Harry, I did not know you provided business for these folks I thought you provide a means for them to advertise to people like me.

Reply by Charles_Ca on 9/19/06 12:56pm
Msg #146964

Brad you made a comment to me in an earlier post and

I responded to it and I will again re-post it here:

Brad, I have the e-mail you sent me three weeks ago
Posted by Charles_Ca of CA on 9/19/06 12:55pm
Msg #146961

or thereabouts (I archive everything so I am sure I can come up with it)about asking for help to get on Notary Rotary, you posted blatant self-serving advertising that was removed by the moderator about two weeks ago and you have been advertising your own Notary Signing Database trying to get notaries to sign up with you. Note the URL you tried to slip by in message 146802. You stripped the www the rest was self evident. You have even incorporated your prime personal business in you screen name. You are trying to build credibility by posting prodigiously on this site but much of that is garbage. You remind me of another last year who tried to barge this site: Barry Silver. By the way you say you are a title company but you have no title plant and you say on your site that you are affiliated with a title company and you act like a title insurance producer, a sales man for a title company if you will. All I see from your positioning is someone who is trying to take advantage of notaries liek so many others do. If I'm wrong show me!

Reply by Brad Closing agent directory on 9/19/06 1:18pm
Msg #146973

You ask for proof.

Proof . This will be the last www I will ever post here WWW.4CTC.net That is Cardinal Title site. Go to Staff and read my BIO . Yes I make spelling errors yes I do use run on's and do not always use perfect English . But you will find the founder of Cardinal Title is Brad Hynde and you will find that from the Directory site there is a link to this one and If you do a who is who search for owners of sites YOU will find that I own them both.
I DID NOT KNOW THAT NOTARY ROTARY provided you with closings. I thought Notary Rotary provide you with a place to advertise to people like me to get more business. I thought I could bring some insight as well as my experience to this site. IF I Flat out advertised it was for no other reason then I thought you where here to get more closings. AND THAT IS WHAT I DO> Nothing I have said is Carbage Everything I have said I can back Up , And you say I have no Title plant One bad statement You could not prove or find how many title plants I am logged into and TWO there are only a view states that use title plants the majority are examiner states. As for sales You are absolutely correct I have been selling my company to Banks and Brokers for YEARS and that is why I have business in all 50 states. You will also find that I made statement that I am a speaker In 17 states WOULD YOU LIKE A LIST.

Reply by Charles_Ca on 9/19/06 2:11pm
Msg #146980

Blah, blah, blah, heard it and seen it before! Bye!

Titloe company my a@@. I don't care how many title plants you are connected to you are not a title company, you don't own a plant and all you do is sell title insurance for a real title company. You only obfuscate and plug your self, so what? If you were as great as you say you are you would actually BUY advertising instead of trying to get free plugs by device. Bah!

Reply by Charles_Ca on 9/19/06 12:58pm
Msg #146965

Being snide in your comments will not help your cause! n/m

Reply by Julie/MI on 9/19/06 1:49pm
Msg #146976

Brad..........

I cover the Detroit suburbs. If you are a title company and want an experience closer, give me a call!

I do edocs and guarantee my work 100% error free.

I don't care if you call me a closer, NSA, notary public I just close loans perfectly and if we agree on a fee, this could be the start of something great. Just click on my name......
Smile

Reply by Dorothy_MI on 9/19/06 3:07pm
Msg #146990

Again, Julie we agree

I too don't care what you call me as long as you call me, offer a fair price and then follow up with a good check. Brad and I have already had this conversation!

Reply by Julie/MI on 9/19/06 6:13pm
Msg #147040

Re: Again, Julie we agree Yepper we do! (nm)

a

Reply by Joy223/MI on 9/19/06 9:53pm
Msg #147078

Re: Again, Julie we agree

Dorthy.... I am surprised to see that you would work for his $75 fee. Nothing against him or you for that matter but that does seem a bit on the low side. I checked out his site and he wants to know what counties (plural) that you will cover for the $75 fee. With gas prices it just doens't seem worth is unless you wee signing for your neighbor and we know this rarely happens. So now I am curious to see if you will actually work for the $75 fee. Call me curious. How I love this board. I learn so much from all the posts.

Reply by ReneeK_MI on 9/20/06 3:47am
Msg #147143

Joy ...

Whenever you encounter this, there is usually a way of modifying the fee. Just make a notation about it anywhere you can. For example, in the text boxes for "Additional Comments" or any such field.

Reply by Dorothy_MI on 9/20/06 6:21am
Msg #147147

Re: Again, Julie we agree

Joy, please email me and I'll explain how I handle this. Need to talk to you on something else too.

Reply by MICarole on 9/19/06 7:27pm
Msg #147052

Re: Brad..........

Count me in for Barry, Calhoun, Eaton, Ionia and Kalamzoo counties. Smile

Reply by Joan_OH on 9/19/06 2:08pm
Msg #146979

Brad. I have heard of you and yes folks, he is a title company. I've heard from local Real Estate agents you are short closers out my way. Couldn't find your email on your site, so please contact me via my profile if you wish to discuss my services. I will go to your site and sign up, although I have before. Look forward to hearing from you.

Joan-OH

Reply by MichiganAl on 9/19/06 1:10pm
Msg #146972

Just a few suggestions

1. Since NotRot is, among other things, a directory of signing agents, having the phrase "closing agent directory" in your screen name is obviously a problem. I'd suggest you lose that title from your screen name (although I suspect Harry will probably lose it for you shortly).

2. As many have pointed out, we aren't "closers," or "closing agents." To come on a board of notaries and signing agents and not call us by our title and say "oh, I just call all of you closers" is insulting to us. Have the courtesy to address us properly.

3. I haven't verified the correctness of any of your statements, so I'm just saying this in a general way not addressed specifically to you. But if someone is going to assert themselves as an expert or as someone who's here to help educate us, the information should be reasonably accurate. At times, we get a lot of misinformation spread here so we're a little sensitive when someone we don't know comes here claiming they're trying to help us.

Don't bail yet. The hard parts over.

Reply by Tina_MA on 9/19/06 2:14pm
Msg #146981

Re: Your site seems more like a SS than TC--fee of $75.00 is

not how TC's pay. TC's start at $125.00 and go up from there. SS's have fees of $75.00.

To add insult to injury, your site also wants to know how many counties one will cover for $75.00. With gas prices still so high (and even if they weren't) I cannot imagine anyone driving from county to county for a mere $75.00.

Your site has a spot for companies to schedule signings. Why would you need that if you're a TC? The TC's I work with are given title work and then find someone to conduct the witness closing. They do not schedule other companies closings.

After looking at your site, I have to say that I believe you are operating as a SS, and as such, you are trying to get more notaries to sign up and add to your database.

Reply by Brad Closing agent directory on 9/19/06 2:29pm
Msg #146983

As I indicated to Charles please look at the post ""You ask for proof"", This is the base company. I also have Other title companys and other Banks direct and the $75 dollars is a base line price that is where it starts . I also pay an e-doc fee a copy package fee. there is also a lower section that will let you make notes as to "" this county and this county start at $175 bla bla. And that TC start at $ 125 is a bit localized I have some states that I can not get a loan closed for under $350 and other states that I will get it closed for $50 pricing across the U.S. is a big swing.
Anyway it is all but about mut point. This site has logged me as a SS and I have shown the proof Im not. You will call it what you want, I will call who I need when I have closing. I find it Funny I poste this to Harry so I could get clearification, He was ONLINE posted at the tear above this and did not answer my question. WHY because I did nothing wrong I thought you people wanted business. and Instead you want someone to point at and attempt to attack.

Reply by Joy223/MI on 9/19/06 9:59pm
Msg #147080

Brad,
Thanks for your explination on your $75 fee. Where do I sign up?

Reply by TitleGalCA on 9/19/06 3:02pm
Msg #146987

Looks to me like you are a title agent and a signing service, all wrapped up in to one hybrid business (which is not a bad idea, actually). Still – you’re collecting a database of notaries which in anyone’s interpretation of the site rules, you’re competition.

Why don’t you write to Harry and offer him a link on your site? Tell him you won’t build your database of notaries, refer EVERYONE to Notary Rotary, and guarantee him you'll choose only NR members as signing agents.

I’m sure that will fix the problem right away Wink

Oh...and a title agent is NOT a title company by any stretch of the imagination.

Reply by MichiganAl on 9/19/06 3:45pm
Msg #146996

How about giving him a chance?

Brad's made a couple of minor faux pas, but I really don't see anything but good intentions. We've communicated off forum as well, I for one am open to his input.

Reply by Dorothy_MI on 9/19/06 3:49pm
Msg #146997

Al, Julie, Am I seeing a pattern here?

Now all we need is for Miss Renee to chime in, as well as PJM and Joy

Reply by MichiganAl on 9/19/06 4:00pm
Msg #146998

Re: Al, Julie, Am I seeing a pattern here?

I guess we're generally a reasonable lot here in Michigan, eh? (with the exception of one political expert)

Reply by Dorothy_MI on 9/19/06 4:07pm
Msg #146999

LOL n/m

Reply by Julie/MI on 9/19/06 6:12pm
Msg #147039

Now, now Al!!!!!

Don't give any fuel to the fire! Wink

Reply by ReneeK_MI on 9/19/06 4:11pm
Msg #147001

Chiming in - for Brad's sake ...

I also saw an opportunity.
I also took it.
Stealth ...

Reply by Jim/MI on 9/19/06 6:10pm
Msg #147038

I'm here too!!

Please call me for work in the Detroit Metro Area.

Reply by LkArrowhd/CA on 9/19/06 4:20pm
Msg #147003

Re: Brad you may contact me if you signings in the Lake

Arrowhead area....... click on my link......

Reply by Gary_CA on 9/19/06 4:25pm
Msg #147008

She has waterproof pens in blue and black. n/m

Reply by LkArrowhd/CA on 9/19/06 4:37pm
Msg #147018

Re: She has waterproof pens in blue and black. Pleaseeee

Gary.....they are currently taking that water from our lake to put out the fire up here, I took some shots from the deck let me see how they came out....

Reply by NotaryGirl71 on 9/19/06 5:13pm
Msg #147027

An education is so important

Brad...your spelling and grammar is horrible. Between the run on sentences, the misspelled words, and the constant misuse of grammar I find your posts very difficult to read.

Reply by Signing_Doc on 9/19/06 5:12pm
Msg #147026

Re: Brad you may contact me if you signings in the Vegas

area...click on my link "Doc"

Reply by bestcal on 9/19/06 9:22pm
Msg #147070

Re: Brad any signings in SF/Bay Area I am always working!! n/m

Reply by TitleGalCA on 9/19/06 10:11pm
Msg #147083

Okey Dokey then Harry Shoemaker!

We have a consensus!!!

Anybody that Harry allows *to post* that is building a notary database (that he doesn't kick off beforehand) has a load of really good notaries (read that MI notaries) signing up.

So it pays to press Harry and push the advertising agenda. Forget the notary search button. Forget the extensive database he's compiled. Forget his advertising. Any ole "Brad" can jump in and get good notaries to sign up with! We've got Julie, Dorothy, Renee and Alex! The best of MI. There you go.

Brad - you're dam lucky. I suggest you just phish Harry's notaries like the others have done. It's no fault of the notaries - they are looking for work.

And, one more time....a title agent is NOT a title company. But - nobody listens to me anyways.

Reply by MichiganAl on 9/19/06 10:39pm
Msg #147095

Actually, I haven't signed up with him

and I haven't asked him to add me to his database. But I do believe that he's trying to get his screen name changed. As you know, once you select a name, you can no longer change it through the system. Everything you've addressed here, I've addressed via e-mail. It's just my impression that it's something he's trying to correct.

And I ALWAYS listen to you.

Reply by TitleGalCA on 9/19/06 10:51pm
Msg #147098

LOL...of course you listen Al, thanks.

And if anyone takes a moment to note.... I commented on the fact that he did have a sort of hybrid business that really did make some sense. I didn't say so in my post but his business direction is smart. I like smart people.

Unless it interferes with NR. I'm quite biased about that...... (amongst other things).

Dontcha just luv the new Rules and Guidelines??? Now THAT makes me happy! hehe.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.