Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Here's a list of criteria for members of a network.
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by BrendaTx on 9/10/06 4:58pm
Msg #144982

I ran the following past the existing members of my group...these are the things we expect from each other...

===================================

Marketing is the primary focus. It is REQUIRED.

Each member should have at least 100 signings behind them.

You will bring your contacts to the table and share them with the others. You will not be part of the network if you do not understand that this is mandatory.

They should show a good deal of commitment to their business. (They are not selling MaryKay, vitamins, schemes, or Avon so that they are not able to market the network. )

Each member must pledge to market to five companies each and every week via phone, mail, email, or otherwise.

Each member must report regularly with their efforts at marketing via the forum.

Each member should report successful referrals to and from the other members.

Each member should be willing to market the network with a link on their email and their website.

Each member should participate weekly in a forum.

Each member shall uphold professional standards, not accept extremely low fees which do not represent respect for our own work. If you do, you are not network material. In this case, you'll drive over to the next member's territory for less than they charge. No can do.

Each member shall guarantee their work.

If I send an email to a member, I expect an acknowledgment, or an answer to it within 24 hours. After all, if you are in business, you must be reachable. This also means that if others in the group email you, or call you, you return that call promptly, or you acknowledge that email asap. If you cannot do that, you are not reachable.

Each member should make an effort to create a website and place the network link on it within six months of starting the network.

Never tell a title company or lender you are sick, can't go, or are not interested in working for them. (Extenuating circumstances exist, but you would not believe how many members will join and then not really work and only offer excuses.)

No one requires referral fees for others in the network.

No one spams the other members with information on other businesses without running it by the leader.

If you cannot bring yourself to send out the network brochure, you do not belong on the network.

When you feel worried about the others in the group siphoning off your business, you MUST talk to the leader and let them decide whether or not there is a competition problem, or a trust problem.

Strict confidentiality is required.

Don't tell me you don't have the time to do your marketing. It is mandatory. If you are not going to market, then please remove yourself so that you do not impede progress.

If your family is constantly ill, your car not in good running order, your printer broken, your computer constantly broken, you should not join this group.

If you will not read the bulletins put out by the leader and adhere to them, you are not membership material.

If you are a person who gives more excuses than action, then you are not membership material.

If you are a signing service, you cannot be a member of the network.

If you are not able to keep marketing contacts a secret, you are not membership material.

If you cannot get your email, always find you miss important announcements because of your lack of computer knowledge, you cannot be a member. Go take a computer class and get back with us. We cannot help you set up your email accounts, your website, etc. It's not that we don't want to, we just don't have the time.

If you will not share your contacts weekly with the group, you have no place on this network.

If you will not take the time to know the other members in the network so that you trust them, you have no place in the network.

If you have a signing business for *one* town, that's okay but you must also do signings yourself and check the work YOURSELF.

MEMBERSHIP IS NOT MANDATORY, BUT MEETING MEMBERSHIP CRITERIA IS MANDATORY TO MEMBERSHIP!!!

Reply by BrendaTx on 9/10/06 4:59pm
Msg #144983

Re: Here's a list of criteria - correction.

I meant to say we do this, but I ran this past them to see if anything is left out.

Reply by Laura Upton on 9/10/06 7:25pm
Msg #145007

Brenda,
is your network only for texas notaries?

Reply by BrendaTx on 9/10/06 8:24pm
Msg #145015

Yes - I am sorry for the confusion. It was queried to me if I could give some pointers. I am posting the things I feel are the most important to keep in mind while you are all thinking about starting networks.

Reply by sandi/WA on 9/10/06 9:33pm
Msg #145031

Wish I was in Texas, "cuz I am definately Network material....

Reply by VERONICA DESCHANEAU on 9/10/06 10:58pm
Msg #145040

"Wish I was back in Texas."

Your post reminds me of a spongebob squarepants episode that my grandaughter plays over and over. I know it word for word now.

(guitar strumming)
Wish I was back in Texas. The ocean's no place for a squirrel. Wish I was Texas, prettiest place in the world, oh no. I guess deep in my heart, I'll always be a Texas girl. I wanna go home, home! (yodels)

I wanna wake up in Texas. I miss those wide open skies. I miss my twenty acres. Barbecues and pecan pies, oh why, when I'm so far from you Texas, all I can do is cry.
I wanna go home, (deep voice), I wanna go home!

Reply by BarbaraL_CA on 9/11/06 12:34am
Msg #145049

Re: "Wish I was back in Texas." - watch & listen...

"I Wish I Was Back in Texas" video and song link (requires DIVX)

http://www.unitedspongebob.com/playvid/texassmall.avi

Reply by Charles_Ca on 9/10/06 9:43pm
Msg #145033

Laura Upton - Sorry to jump in here on Brenda's thread..

I have been preaching for notaries to unite. There have been several attempts at this but they have always been from the top down and the reason many notaries have gone into this buisness not to have a top down relationship. Brenda has formed and held to gether the only successful notary network I know of, thre may be others but Brenda's is the only one I know of. Brenda has kindly agreed to pup together an outline of how her system operates. It is importan that notaries who believe that there is a future for this business start to think in the network mode and it has to be done locally. A National Notary Assoc is not a viable system in this business beucause to stat with the rules notries follow are regionalized. The networks need to form locally but with a thought to contributing what works for them in larger groups. A notary network out of necessity nees to start with a small area and then develop in concentric circles similar to dropping a stone in a pond of water. Get your core together and then connect with cores inother places and soon you will be dictating fees and controlling your destinies. Unification is the only way to overcome the low price mentality of the Signing Services. Notaries are leaving a lot of money on the table to the Signing Service just because they allow the Signing Services to hold the reigns. It is necessary to remember that without the notary the signing service is nothing!

Reply by Charm_AL on 9/11/06 10:41am
Msg #145100

Thank MKIA !!!.... n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.