Notary Rotary
How is business out there?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by Notary_OH on 9/7/06 8:40am
Msg #144058

Here in Ohio things have been slooow for about the past two weeks. June, July, and the beginning of August were great; steady and consistent. Is this just a quiet time in the cycle? Are interest rates affecting our business? Is it going to be a dreary autumn and a long cold Winter?

Any ideas, questions, or comments?

Reply by Scott_IN on 9/7/06 8:54am
Msg #144062

Slow here in Indiana. August was a record month for me. All the signings I could handle and more if I could clone myself. Probably turned down 20 to 30 signings. I just don't feel comfortable scheduling more than 4 signings in a day. With the late documents, borrowers taking their sweet time signing and other uncontrolable issues.

But this month is incredibly slow!!! Have only had about 4 calls and 2 were lowball offers I declined. I certainly hope things pick up and it's just the Holiday that has slowed things down.

Reply by Teddog/CO on 9/7/06 9:06am
Msg #144070

Steady here in Colorado. Like you August was the best month. I worked each and every day, non-stop. I think you're correct about the Holiday that really put a "cramp" in business. It doesnt appear that the interest rates are affecting things to much because of the refinances. News said this morning that the interest rate may be going up again. Sure wish they would give the lending industry a break.

RE: 1st post - I would again suggest that everyone have a part-time job to cover the slow periods. Preferably something you can do from home and make your own hours. These types of jobs are a little hard to find , but they are out there. Check the want ads and the net. I'm sure you find something that will fit your schedule. It took me a little time but I found something that works perfectly for me Vet Supply Sales. Woof Woof ! lol

My Best to you all. Have a great day !

Reply by donnafl on 9/7/06 9:36am
Msg #144090

Here in Orlando is very slow. I haven't had any calls since last Thursday. I hope the end of the month makes up for it.

Reply by Joan Bergstrom on 9/7/06 1:52pm
Msg #144196

I have been averaging 6-7 calls a day for the Inland Empire. August was a great month.

Reply by Chris Watanabe on 9/7/06 2:19pm
Msg #144204

Business died for me at the end of the month and I just had my first call yesterday. I do have 2 other businesses so I have dusted them off to compensate. I am booked for 2 jobs for the rest of the week so hopefully it will pick up.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.