Notary Rotary
How many closings a day is too many?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by NCLisa on 9/20/06 11:07pm
Msg #147375

Where do you draw the line? I'm so tired of that one closing that throws my whole afternoon and evening off by hours.

How close together do you schedule your closings?

Reply by Kate/CA on 9/20/06 11:38pm
Msg #147378

Just depends where they are from each other. I like 2 hours apart. 1:00pm, 3:00pm, 5:00pm.
This way I can always be a little early for the next one, if it makes me run a little late I'm O.K.
I also hate being late, always let the borrowers know in advance that you are running late, never had one get mad at me for keeping them informed. Most I've ever done was 7, but I must have driven about 550 miles. I'm in a rural area, on a mountain and I cover all sides of it.

Reply by Ndwa on 9/21/06 1:27am
Msg #147387

Run your business like the airport tower command center. If a jet has a problem and can not make it to the run way for take off, then so be it.

Reply by Gary_CA on 9/21/06 12:28am
Msg #147384

How rich is too rich? n/m

Reply by NotaryGirl71 on 9/21/06 3:14am
Msg #147390

Re: How rich is too rich?

The most I have ever done was 8 in 8 hours...basically I only scheduled each signing an hour apart...

They were all signings for Fremont Bank and CitiBank...so they were all super easy and quick...20 to 30 minutes max each!!! Smile

Reply by Julie/MI on 9/21/06 6:19am
Msg #147402

No such thing as too many closings!!!! (NM)

j

Reply by NCLisa on 9/21/06 7:36am
Msg #147406

Re: No such thing as too many closings!!!! (NM)

It takes me a minimum of 25 minutes to get to any one closing from home. I am so tired of edocs coming 15 minutes before a closing and the closing being 60 miles away I could scream. 99% of my closings are edocs. One company just sent me a blurb stating that they guarantee to have edocs to the notary at least 2 hours before the closing. I want my docs by 7am DOC so I don't have to go home again.

Don't you just hate the 150 page pdf file that was scanned with too high a resolution so it takes an hour to print?

Reply by Dorothy_MI on 9/21/06 10:09am
Msg #147442

Possible solution: Mobile office

Lisa, have you looked into a mobile office. If you search this site there are several posts one of which includes equipment you have to buy as well as what to do to install it in your car. I was definitely thinking about installing one in my car and then the bottom fell out of the business in my area. Now that things are starting to pick up again I'm rethinking doing it.

Reply by NCLisa on 9/21/06 12:18pm
Msg #147485

Re: Possible solution: Mobile office

I plan on doing that in the future. I need to buy a new car first. Once I get that, then I buy another printer and a laptop.

I did just get a Blackberry a couple weeks ago, that at least helps me keep track of when I do get docs.

Reply by Dorothy_MI on 9/21/06 1:17pm
Msg #147504

Re: Possible solution: Mobile office

Lisa, please email me. I have another idea also which might help

Reply by lenelle/FL on 9/21/06 10:15am
Msg #147446

I have found that I cannot do more than 5 per day due to travel issues. I too, like to try to schedule myself a leat 2 hours apart due to travel time and possible doc problems. I have tried to put them closer together and it seems that when I do, a problem arises and I am forced to call the Borrower and push back my next one. Now, if they are the Modifications and/or small loans like Navy Federal (15 minutes) then I will try to schedule more into my day depending on location. Again, never a perfect world in this business.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.