Notary Rotary
ID issue. Doc's include maiden name, ID does not. TC say's I
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by kathy/ca on 9/22/06 4:12pm
Msg #147859

can do signing with BRW signing name as shown on doc's (including maiden name) as long as I put name on my notary certs WITHOUT maiden name (which is what is on ID). I say no, my job is to identify BRW and notarize the name that is SIGNED by BRW, period! Any comments folks? Of course SS is mad at me for not following through on the signing.

Reply by Kate/CA on 9/22/06 4:29pm
Msg #147861

Why don't they have her sign both ways on the notarized documents and you notarize the name that matches the ID. She can sign all the rest of the documents the way they have it printed.

Reply by NotaryGirl71 on 9/22/06 7:27pm
Msg #147906

You should be fine as long as you ONLY notarize the name on her ID.

Reply by Stamper_WI on 9/22/06 8:30pm
Msg #147921

Had this issue with a deed in an attorney's office. He wrote it up as F/K/A. But you can only ID whats on the ID

Reply by kathy/ca on 9/22/06 9:52pm
Msg #147933

I think it is up to the TC to come up with way's to do this

not my call! I called SOS and was told I cannnot notarize a signature containing more than what is on the doc's even if I put the name without the maiden name in the notary cert because I would STILL be notarizing the name that the BTW signed, with no ID to back it up.

Reply by TitleGalCA on 9/22/06 11:33pm
Msg #147957

For Heaven's sake....

Why don't you notaries simply just give the TC what they want? (yes, this is a joke for those notaries who wear a starched straight-jacket)

I have no idea who you are working with for a lender, Kathy.... but they suck....big time; as does the title company.

Please say you are kidding me that a title company suggested how to fill out an acknowledgment? Please?

I could give a rat's behind what the SS says as they are...well, I'll be nice for now. But the Title Company? That is just awful. The standards should be higher.

We all know SS have no standards. The title company is another matter.

I suggest you market elsewhere.

Reply by kathy/ca on 9/23/06 12:13am
Msg #147969

TG: I think you would be VERY surprised to know what TC it

is. It is a very reputable company but even reputable companie's can have
"unreputable" people in their employ.

Reply by TitleGalCA on 9/23/06 12:20am
Msg #147971

Re: TG: I think you would be VERY surprised to know what TC

Sadly, Kathy, it is so.

IMO I think that the pressure to close and "perform" takes on a persona that will do anything. Sometimes, even TC employees forget what is right.

Most TC's do their best and "their best" is quite good. Others don't.

And that is the end of my TC philosophy for the evening. Wink

This title company Plato is hitting the sack.

Reply by TitleGalCA on 9/23/06 10:35pm
Msg #148165

Just one more thought about "unreputable" TC employees

The title company is there to facilitate the closing. It is what they are all about. There are employees, normally escrow assistants that take a job, then learn that part of that job is to do sign-ups.

They go through notary training, wondering how in the world they ever became a notary - they never sought the position and frankly do not understand, many times, the responsibility involved in becoming a notary.

Not excusing a title company lack of expertise in identifying someone...you (as notaries) just need to understand the nature of the beast.

A Beast you should know and love because your bread and butter depends on them so many times. So......when you see a post about a TC employee not living up to YOUR strict standards of notary? Understand where they are coming from.

Please...no righteous posts about "well...they should know better...etc." If it were not for them, you wouldn't be working and executing your higher standards...and posting about the lack of the same with your favorite TC.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.