Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
I cannot believe their BBB response to me.
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by cassiewi on 9/7/06 11:43pm
Msg #144382

This company is actually claiming I invoiced them LATE! I sent it two days early because I was going on vacation. And that is why my June payment is late. I am incredulous and she claims she explained this to me on the phone, um, yeah the conversation must have been in her head, because it never happened! Never returned one call. Finally submited a second invoice online, the nerve of some people. Sorry, just venting... I can't fit my statement into the response box, ugh!

Reply by BarbaraL_CA on 9/8/06 12:08am
Msg #144385

BBB Report on SOX - 147 complaints - Rating "C" ...

Cassie, I'm not sure you are referring to SOX, but I started browsing the BBB site for notary businesses.
Here is the link for SOX's report http://www.labbb.org/BBBWeb/Forms/Business/CompanyReportPage_Expository.aspx?CompanyID=13134410

Interesting reading! Seems they really "have a problem receiving invoices"

Reply by cassiewi on 9/8/06 12:19am
Msg #144386

Re: BBB Report on SOX - 147 complaints - Rating "C" ...

That is no joke and yes that's who I'm talking about....just searching through past threads to see what kind of bbb responses they've given others. I know I shouldn't be suprised but geez! If only I had discovered this board before the middle of August, I would have saved myself a lot of drama. Oy Vey. Seriously, how can you do a job like that? I would not work for a company that's SOP was to deny and ignore.... They also stated that the agreement we signed said I would be paid this late if invoice was not received on time. They had the invoice on time, and even if they didn't why do they think that they can pay whenever they "feel" like finding the invoice? I know this is a dead horse, don't mind me, I'm just upset.

Reply by Glenn Strickler on 9/8/06 3:02am
Msg #144391

Soooo, Notaries are still working for SOX because.......???? n/m

Reply by cassiewi on 9/8/06 7:17am
Msg #144414

Re: Soooo, Notaries are still working for SOX because.......????

I'm not now, it was done in June and way before I found this board. Lesson learned.

Reply by John_NorCal on 9/8/06 9:02am
Msg #144419

Re: BBB Report on SOX - 147 complaints - Rating "C" ...

Jeez, according to someone else from San Diego area, every one else is wrong, they pay on time All you have to is bill them correctly, preferably in months that don't have a J, R, or E in the name.

Reply by cassiewi on 9/8/06 9:31am
Msg #144424

Had I known I would have taken to invoice

directly to them. I was on vacation in Orange County, about 20 minutes from them. I wish I had done that.

Reply by cassiewi on 9/8/06 9:37am
Msg #144426

should be the not to n/m

Reply by dickb/wi on 9/8/06 12:50pm
Msg #144526

they still owe me for 3 closings in 2002.... n/m

Reply by Elizabeth Soliday on 9/8/06 9:38am
Msg #144427

It wouldn't matter, they wouldn't pay anyway...

Watch out, they are due for a name change Wink

Reply by cassiewi on 9/8/06 9:52am
Msg #144433

Re: It wouldn't matter, they wouldn't pay anyway...

LOL, they would probably claim that the person I handed it to never gave it to the right department.

Reply by Gary_CA on 9/8/06 10:15am
Msg #144437

Sir Winston Churchill says... n/m

Reply by Gary_CA on 9/8/06 10:16am
Msg #144438

Sir Winston Churchill says...

Never give up.
Never give up.
NEVER give up.

Squeeky wheel gets the grease... especially when the squeek gets annoying.

Reply by cassiewi on 9/8/06 10:21am
Msg #144439

Re: Sir Winston Churchill says...

Nosiree Gary, I am not going to give up. At this point I do not care if I have to go to an OC court to get payment and costs, I know how to file a small claims case. It's not that much money, it was only one signing, but it's the principal. I don't think it will come to that though. And if it does, an excuse to visit some friends. Smile

Reply by cyndi_ca on 9/8/06 11:23am
Msg #144463

Cassie

I'm in OC. If can help you out let me know.

Reply by cassiewi on 9/8/06 11:28am
Msg #144465

Thank you

That's very generous of you. I'm going to send you an email.

Reply by cyndi_ca on 9/8/06 11:30am
Msg #144466

Happy to help. n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.