Notary Rotary
I did it, now is your chance -SOX nonpay
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by Elizabeth Soliday on 9/4/06 8:44pm
Msg #143438

Here is the link to file a complaint against SOX. When I did mine, it says "what do you want them to do about it?" Well first, duh, pay me., but I also put I wanted them to come to this bulletin board and explain to all of us how to get paid by them. Here it is, if you have been taken advantage of, it is worth the couple min. to fill it out.

http://www.labbb.org/BBBWeb/Forms/Complaint/ComplaintInformationPage.aspx?MenuItem=True&sm=ucLeftNavBar_LeftNavBar2_BBBWEB_pro2_2_1

Reply by MelissaCT on 9/4/06 8:57pm
Msg #143440

I filled it out, my issue is that they *choose* to void any payment due after 90 days. Can I do that with my creditors...LOL

Reply by Elizabeth Soliday on 9/4/06 9:06pm
Msg #143442

Yeah really, from now on I am slipping a "if payment is not received within 45 days, it will double exponentially every 10 days until paid in full" in all my signing contracts...hehehe

Reply by Elizabeth Soliday on 9/4/06 9:22pm
Msg #143453

oops, I didn't mean exponentially, yikes.

Reply by NCLisa on 9/4/06 10:11pm
Msg #143464

You should also go to the IRS website

and fill out the form that reports individuals and companies that are "cheating" in their income tax. Not paying notaries, and claiming they did, is fraud. If enough notaries file a complaint against them, the IRS will do a full scale audit. You still may not get paid, but this form of payback may be fitting.

Reply by John_NorCal on 9/4/06 10:34pm
Msg #143472

Re: You should also go to the IRS website

That sounds like an excellent idea! You can bet that they haven't made any adjustments to their income for non payment to signing agents.

Reply by Ndwa on 9/5/06 12:27pm
Msg #143571

What they do with their bookeeping is unknown. I'd caution about false accusation by reporting to the IRS as they may come back to haunt you.

Reply by NCLisa on 9/5/06 2:34pm
Msg #143594

It is not false reporting. Many people here said that they recieve 1099's from SOX but were not paid the funds listed on the 1099. That there is proof. The form also asks why you believe someone is not being honest about their income tax. You can also report anonymously.

It can't come back to bite those that don't cheat the IRS.

Reply by cassiewi on 9/5/06 6:51am
Msg #143496

I reported them Sunday. There going to have one heck of a day today with all those reports coming in. Good luck and let us know the outcome. I'll do the same.

Reply by lonestar_tx on 9/5/06 4:22pm
Msg #143639

SOX just called

I was not sure if my message said Fox Signing of Sox, so I called the number and when the woman who answered said it was Sox, I just said: "Oops, never mind - wrong number and hung up."

Reply by onthegoinfl on 9/6/06 2:37pm
Msg #143872

Don't get me started on SOX. They still owe me for my June signings. I have left more than a dozen phone messages and emails, but they never return calls. To make matters worse, after I have helped them out more than a few times at the last minute, I received a call from them last Friday asking me if I would do a last minute signing that evening at 9:00pm. I said I would for a fee of $60. The scheduler said that the job only paid $45 so, thanks, but no thanks, they would look for another notary.

Reply by hcampersFL on 9/6/06 3:07pm
Msg #143882

Re: I did it, now is your chance -SOX nonpay-OTG

Please tell me your kidding? If your not kidding then I must say I am speachless. They still owe you money from work you did in June and won't return you calls and they called you on Friday and you would even consider it? For $60? Last minute at 9 pm?

I don't get it, what does it take for people to understand how to run a business?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.