Notary Rotary
I feel SOOOOO vindicated :)
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by Serina/VT on 9/14/06 6:28pm
Msg #146183

Over the past few months I have lost a LOT of work to another notary who has been undercutting my fees, so much work that I have been considering doing something else and hanging up my notary shingle.

Tonite I go to do a simple refi and the borrowers asked me if I knew of any other mortgage companies with better rates. I simply replied that I was there in their home to represent THIS mortgage company and to give them names of any otherswould be unethical. Thats when they both smiled and told me the story of the prior notary who had walked into their home and actually CALLED another loan company and tried to switch them, and to not sign the package she had with her.

Now I guess the borrowers were happy with their current lender and reported her, hence why I was there, and not for $50.00 either.

The moral of this story is....

You get what you pay for and I wonder how many other borrowers she stole from her 'clients' who so graciously allowed her access to their borrowers because they shopped around for the cheapest notary.

Reply by Kate/CA on 9/14/06 8:38pm
Msg #146214

Hope business continues to improve.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.