Notary Rotary
I got a call at 10:00pm last night for a closing for later
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by ASR_CO on 9/26/06 3:50pm
Msg #148598

on that night. I was in bed and the only reason I answered was because my phone was so loud and I was afraid it would wake up the baby. When I answered (sounding tired and a bit annoyed) the guy on the other side actually said, "oh, did I wake you." Ha, that was a first

Reply by Andrea Ciardo on 9/26/06 4:23pm
Msg #148601

I got one at 9:30.... Did they really think I'd do the email doc dance at that hour ?

Reply by PJM/MI on 9/26/06 5:25pm
Msg #148611

Re: I got a call at 10:00pm last night for a closing for lat

Gotta love this crazy business!
I've done 'em as early as 6 am (at my dining room table with my first cup of coffee) and as late as 11:59 PM.
I don't go out if I've had my first glass of wine of the night (my un-wine-ing.. lol) and I've been called as late as 10 pm to do an "emergency" closing.

Reply by Beth/MD on 9/26/06 5:40pm
Msg #148617

Re: I got a call at 10:00pm last night for a closing for lat

Even when I was a full time SA I did NOT accept work around the clock. I have a cut off time and when that time rolls around == my phone is turned OFF. If you don't advertise a 24 hour service, than you should not have to deal with such calls.

Reply by Ernest__CT on 9/26/06 5:27pm
Msg #148612

Helloooo? 24 hours MEANS 24 hours!

People who are not willing to accept phone calls late at night, early in the morning, et cetera, should not advertise 24 hour service. (Sorry; you didn't "Add Link To [your] Profile", so we can't see whether you offer 24 hour service.) Being woken up goes with the territory.

Reply by ASR_CO on 9/26/06 5:34pm
Msg #148616

I guess I'm not as hard core as some. I only do this part

time and no I do not advertise my service as 24 hours.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 9/26/06 8:34pm
Msg #148654

Re: Looks like it's my turn...

I just got a call (9:30 PM) for a closing tonite...

Reply by JM_NY on 9/26/06 11:16pm
Msg #148702

Looks like it's my turn...

I got a call at about 8:00 for a signing tonight that the docs weren't ready yet. They probably won't be till around 9:30-10:00 for a 80/20 loan. I told her I could do it tomorrow.

Reply by Joan Bergstrom on 9/27/06 1:02am
Msg #148704

If you advertise 24/7 you are going to get calls

I have been woke up many times (local Calif time) with Public notary work and loan signings 5 am from someone back east.

I owned a 7-11 Store in Orange Ca for 14 years and I definitely know about phone calls waking you. I actually broke a phone (after about 5 yrs) trying to find the phone in the dark at 2 am and not grabbing it tightly when it crashed to the floor.

Anyone calling me to schedule a loan signing at 5 am is not a problem.

The loan signing business is the easiest business I have ever owned!!

After I sold the 7-11 Store I owned a Orange County Register Newspaper distrubutorship for 12 years until the Company bought the dealerships out in 2001.

I like both 7-11 and Freedom (they own the Register.)

When I started as a loan signer I told a few of my friends that I thought this business was so easy that maybe "I just didn't get it." 5 years later it is still the easiest business I have ever owned and the most profitable.

Its very easy compared to owning a 7-11 store and a newspaper dist because those are 7 day a week businesses just to name a few challenges.

Good luck to everyone and I hope you are having a great EOM!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.