Notary Rotary
I have an interesting signing!
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by Joan Bergstrom on 9/13/06 1:36am
Msg #145679

This loan signing tomorrow has 7 people signing the loan docs! It will be interesting if everyone shows up on time and has correct I.D.
One thing that is helpful is the docs are not going to be emailed and should arrive on my doorstep way before the signing time!

I don't remember the last time I had loan documents delivered to my front door and I am serious about this statement. I do approx 60 signings a month and the last time was 3-4 months ago and that is just a guess.

Is my loan signing experience (all edocs) different from other loan signers?

Reply by BarbaraL_CA on 9/13/06 1:45am
Msg #145680

Isn't it wonderful when the docs come to your door! I've had 3 overnights in the last 2 weeks. I hadn't had an overnight in quite a while. New trend? I doubt it, but it sure is nice Smile

7 signers? Yikes! The most I've had is 5 and it was crazy!

See you in Oct. in Temecula - looking forward to it.

Reply by christiSocal on 9/13/06 1:52am
Msg #145681

Wow, 7 people! That'll add some time to the signing. I get about 85% edocs. I'm very glad I bought my laser printer when I did. Great investment!

Reply by BetsyMI on 9/13/06 7:37am
Msg #145696

I've had more overnight docs in the last two months than I can remember. But much of my work is for three companies that always do overnight docs.

It's much less stressful having the docs ahead of time.

Reply by LkArrowhd/CA on 9/13/06 8:08am
Msg #145702

Re: Had seven signers last year, vacation home in Lake

Arrowhead, not among the signers were grandchildren(babies) dogs and cats......hectic and busy would describe the situation but went well, great folks.....bring plenty of blue pens.......

Reply by BetsyMI on 9/13/06 8:27am
Msg #145710

Do you all charge more when there are that many signers? It's obviously going to take a lot longer to get through the closing.

Reply by BrendaTx on 9/13/06 8:30am
Msg #145711

Betsy - I never know there will be a kooty kar full of them. Therefore, I charge what I do straight across the board. I make a little on some, a lot on others.

Reply by LkArrowhd/CA on 9/13/06 8:31am
Msg #145712

Re: I have an interesting signing!Betsy I did not but

the fee was already good......we just all sat at the same table, passed docs around in the same order, the key to observing that each person signed correctly they were so busy chatting and laughing a real fun family...... the docs of course ended up back in my lap after last signer and I would scan to be sure they were correct. They were all educators and lawyers, they were most helpful.....

Reply by LynnNC on 9/13/06 12:09pm
Msg #145756

How can you do sixty signings a month with all edocs? When you do that many signings, how are you in your office to print the docs, or do you have a mobile office?

Reply by hcampersFL on 9/13/06 12:20pm
Msg #145758

Lynn that would only be an average of 15 a week. With the right contacts etc. you could do this easily. I have done 8 in one day and I was wore out, but 3-4 a day would be a cake walk.

Reply by Joan Bergstrom on 9/13/06 1:30pm
Msg #145775

60 signings a month

I almost never venture outside of the cities of Riverside & Moreno Valley and probably 15 or so of the signings are NASCO and they don't take much time.

The rest are mostly title companies and I also have 2 HP laser printers which speeds up things a bunch.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.