Notary Rotary
I have done many Countrywide edoc's lately and the pkg's
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by kathy/ca on 9/23/06 12:16am
Msg #147970

keep getting bigger and bigger. Even their HELOC'S are big. My question is, do you guy's set your fee higher for CW pkgs? If so, do you usually get it? I have been going through toner and paper like it's "goin' out of style"!

Reply by Keith Howard on 9/23/06 1:14am
Msg #147975

Don't print the first 25 pages of lender instructions. Start printing at the ID verification page. I've been doing them this way with no complaints...

Reply by Simone E. Lewis on 9/23/06 2:37am
Msg #147982

Re: Are you the same Keith Howard from 2005

You probably remember this post about you "Keith Howard is not a SS, he is a notary. I told him I would put his name on all the notary board. Hopefully, he will respond with my payment. I told him it would be good advertisement for him. According to closing doc. the notary fee was 200.00. I usually sign for 125.00 and he beg me to do this signing for 100.00. He wanted to expand his business. It was on the Pt Magu Base in Port Hueneme. He was hired by a Title Company out of Florida. So far, I have contacted the BBB, SOS, Office of Attoney General in San Diego, & NNA. Beside being commission, I do doubt that he has a Business License. I did a search on Signing agent.com (NNA) and he claims he is a member, but he did not come up. PS. Also Search message 139832

Reply by LkArrowhd/CA on 9/23/06 9:42am
Msg #148021

Re: Simone good to see you post again and it must be

the same person huh, notice he didn't respond......

Reply by Simone E. Lewis on 9/23/06 5:04pm
Msg #148123

Re: Hello Susan, How pathetic is he,

I am still waiting for payment from March, 2005. I am sure he is the same character from Notary in my Back Yard, still trying to outsmart the public. The forums is still the best place to advertised. I was informed by ten Signing Agencies back in 2005, that they would not hire him.

Reply by LkArrowhd/CA on 9/23/06 6:46pm
Msg #148135

Re: I sure wish you could get the money owed you...... n/m

Reply by MistarellaFL on 9/23/06 8:14am
Msg #147995

Be sure to check with C'wide before not printing lender instructions.
One branch I work with in FL REQUIRES the brw's to initial every page of the loan, including these pages.
BTW, the C'wides I see are about 80 pages, including the lender's instructions.

Reply by Ndwa on 9/23/06 3:59am
Msg #147984

Countrywide pay $250 for the fax+split package and $200 for no fax-split. What you charge should base on what you think your service is worth and the market it will bare. The same SS would pay me $xxx here for the fax+split pkg, they won't budge with that fee in your area (ask Cali).

Reply by kathy/ca on 9/23/06 10:27am
Msg #148052

Andy, do you get that fee working directly for CW? Mine come

through TC usually & wont go that high! O/C in CA if pretty saturated with notarie's and although I dont alway's get the fee I would like, I keep very busy.

Reply by SanDiegoCA on 9/27/06 2:21pm
Msg #148854

Re: Andy, do you get that fee working directly for CW? Mine

CountryWide loans are an interesting case in my office.

I have four clients that send me CountryWide cases. Only one, SERVICELINK, demands faxbacks.

For them, I upped the price for these packasges with the following diaclaimer on my web site :

" Please note, for ALL "CountryWide" packages, including "FullSpectrum" mortgages- because of the added processing, faxback pages, and / or split destination shipping required by CountryWide when handled by SOME signing services, I cannot always offer my work done for them at the same rate as other mortgage companies.

I have done MANY CountryWide mortgage packages, and have extensive experience meeting their needs, but I reserve the right to quote different specific fees for some CountryWide assignments at a higher rate because of the increased time spent meeting the required extra needs."

So far, the ones who require the added work have been able to get the increased fees approved every time, and they still call! Smile

Regarding Keith Howard, I was also called by him to do some assignments, and he termed himself a very busy notary who simply had more work that he could do himself.

Later, I found out that he is, indeed, acting as signing service, and I also had a very hard time getting paid. When he final;ly did pay, he intentionally wrote the check in my name, not the business name, and intentionally misspelled it so I would have trouble depositing it (I assume).

The VP at the branch of WAMU whjere I bank approved the deposit right away, so there was no problem other than me having to put up with my name being turned into an insulting phrase. <grin>

Obviously, if you hear from Keith Howard and he wants to offer you a signing assignments, I believe you should consider him lower than SOX, and I'm not saying those cloth things you wear between your feet and your shoes.

He paid me because I live very close to him, and he knew he would never get away with NOT paying me. Smile

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.