Notary Rotary
I just called the Notary Division of The Governor's office
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by MonicaFL on 9/18/06 8:54am
Msg #146696

here in Florida and asked them about the "background check" law that NNA is pushing. Here is what the lady said - and I didn't know this - but now I do andso will you.

All notaries, when applying for a commission or renewal in the State of Florida have a background check done before any comission is approved or renewed!!!!!! She also stated that she didn't know of any new laws coming out requiring background checks. Just thought Iwould pass along this information.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 9/18/06 9:03am
Msg #146699

Is this something the State of FL does on its own as an automatic part of the commissioning process? Because as far as I know I never had any background check done - all I had to do was submit a Character Affidavit (I just got my commission in June).

Reply by Teresa/FL on 9/18/06 11:22am
Msg #146730

Wow Monica! How did you get through to a live person? I'm still waiting for a response from a voice message and email I sent in on 9/5.

Reply by LkArrowhd/CA on 9/18/06 11:31am
Msg #146734

Re: I too have been able to reach a live person in the past. n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.