Notary Rotary
If you are owed by Coast to Coast, this may help *WARNING*
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by Becca_FL on 9/25/06 10:24am
Msg #148349

While cleaning out my email I saw an interesting email from March 2006. I have never worked for Coast to Coast, but had received some sign up info from them and noticed the name associated with the email sounded familiar. The name was Jacy Quimby.

Jacy Quimby of Platinum Signing Services, Inc. contacted me for a signing on August 18 in my home county. As it turned out, the gentleman was in Florida on business and he had lost his drivers license and only had a credit card and social security card as ID and no passport. Well, to make a long story short, Jacy and the borrower tried to "convince" me that he had acceptable ID and he had used the same ID for a closing one week prior. I refused to do the signing and was called rude and told I did not know what I was doing.

Jacy Quimby, fomerly of Coast to Caost can be reached at:

phone 612-720-4741
fax 763-420-6764

Platinum Signing Services, Inc.
9141 Lanewood Court
Maple Grove, MN 55369

Is this yet another attempt to cheat NSAs out of well earned fees? Another scumbag SS closes shop under one name only to reemerge with a new name and a clean slate? Despicable!

BTW, she refused to pay my edoc fee after I printed docs and I have not received payment of any kind as of yet. She did say she would send me 1/2 of my edoc fee.

Reply by cassiewi on 9/25/06 10:45am
Msg #148352

I recently did a signing for Coast to Coast, at least the one out of Corona, CA. I talked at length with Denise and told her that they had a bit of reputation on the boards. She stated that they do pay, albeit a little slow and that I wouldn't be able to find one notary who hadn't been paid. Their turn around time is 45 days. She seemed very nice. I decided to give it a shot. Maybe the person you were referring to was the problem at Coast to Coast? Guess I'll find out when the 15th comes.

Reply by BetsyMI on 9/25/06 12:24pm
Msg #148370

Re: Jacy

Jacy used to work for Coast to Coast Mobile Closers in Minnesota. It was not a "scumbag" SS...they paid well and quickly, and I did a number of closings for them.

Coast to Coast went out of business earlier this year, unfortunately. They owed me nothing when they closed their doors.

Jacy now has her own SS, called Platinum Signing, and I would have no problem doing a closing for her....in fact I just did one for her on Friday.

Reply by Terri_CA on 9/25/06 2:44pm
Msg #148391

Re: Jacy

Betsy, seems that the issue, as I read, was really the fact that she tried to coerce a Notary into performing illegally. Pay or not, I wouldn't work with someone that had that kind of work ethic.

Terri
Lancaster, CA
CA Notary Exam Instructor

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.