Msg #146852

If you love laughter-two words..Stephen Colbert...... n/m

Reply by Ernest__CT on 9/18/06 8:04pm
Msg #146854

Ha ha. n/m

Reply by LkArrowhd/CA on 9/18/06 8:07pm
Msg #146855

Re: Ha ha. Ernest do you enjoy him or no? I was just

watching the episode with Toby Keith but of course his political guest was much more entertaining....

Reply by Ernest__CT on 9/18/06 8:11pm
Msg #146857

Ha, ha: Yes! Very enjoyable!

As long as you look at what he is doing as satire. If anyone took him seriously I'd worry about them.

Reply by Signing_Doc on 9/18/06 8:28pm
Msg #146859

As long as you look at what he is doing as satire

unfortunately Ernest_CT...many of the younger generation (gen x gen y...I can't keep up)...DO take him, and others like him seriously. If you ask them where they get their views of the world and of the nation, they will answer shows like Colbert, MTV, Letterman, Leno, O'Brien, and NOT "mainstream" news channels like CNN, FOX, BBC, CBC, etc. (CBS,NBC,ABC et al)

Almost makes you afraid of what the future holds. I laugh when I see "Jay Walking" on Leno (man on the street questions)...but I cringe because of so many "foolish" people out there making decisions on the future of the free world. I listen to Sean Hannity (we can discuss him later), but the point is, he occasionally does a man on the street segment, and it's scary. You ask these "kids"...who is Condoleeza Rice, Who is Colin Powell, Who is the Vice President of the United States...they haven't a clue...BUT you ask them questions regarding a sit-com on TV or something about a rock band...and they can tell you name, height/weight, sign, birth date, who (or what) they are sleeping with.

And that's how I see the world....and now back to your regularly scheduled program.....Good DAY!!!

"Doc"

Reply by Ernest__CT on 9/18/06 8:48pm
Msg #146865

Yes, "Jay Walking" is sad.

I furvently hope that Jay Leno's producers / editors just decide that people who quickly give the "right" answers aren't funny enough to air. (sigh) At least that's what I tell myself.

But I must disagree with your opinion re mainstream news versus Comedy Central's "news" (and The Daily Show with Jon Stewart). (Please keep in mind that I'm in my 50's. A lot of Comedy Central's program I find juvenile.) Perhaps it is because I have some of the same biases that The Daily Show presents, but I find more real news on National Public Radio and Comedy Central than on CBS, NBC, et al.

Reply by Signing_Doc on 9/18/06 9:57pm
Msg #146874

but I find more real news on National Public Radio and Comed

I used the names of "main stream" news such as I did to express the point that they are getting their 'news' from 'non-news' places. I find it sad that you get your news from NPR (can you say...Nothing Pro Republican)...it is as left wing as Fox is right wing....I guess "to each his own"...and for the record, I'm hitting the double nickle in December (gets your gifts NOW...avoid the rush....Brenda-le et al)

"Doc"

Reply by LkArrowhd/CA on 9/19/06 8:31am
Msg #146907

Re: As long as you look at what he is doing as satire-Doc

lighten up, I watch Sean and Alan as well, along with Greta and Bill.......I'm sorry but I also have to add a little humor to my day. I work in extremely political arena as it is...... I need a daily dose of laughter even if I don't think every single thing they do is harilous....
Satire, yes daddy doc........I think I can recognize the difference......

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.