Notary Rotary
Interrupting the OT with Notary / Chase Query
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by BrendaTx on 9/7/06 3:30pm
Msg #144221

Got a call for a HELOC for tomorrow at 6:30 pm which would have to be done in a Chase branch, law office, or a title company.

Tell me gents and ladies...does any Chase branch (think banking branch) keep their doors open until 7:30 pm? It would take at least that long to do the loan appointment.

When I suggested the time would be impossible, I was countered with, "Not even on a Friday?" No...don't think so.

Or, am I just wacky and wrong? Are there late evening banking branches in any state opened so that you may walk inside after 7 pm on a Friday night?

Okay...now we can go back to the OT, mobs, the counter-mobbing, the paranoid, the passive-aggressive attacking and misinformation forum fracas.

Reply by cassiewi on 9/7/06 3:37pm
Msg #144223

Looks like most are open until 6 around me, although the website says many have extended hours. Not many in my area.

Reply by ColleenCA on 9/7/06 3:40pm
Msg #144225

Nice breath of fresh air. I have a signing at a local bank tomorrow before 5pm and the LO will lock the door at closing time if we are not finished.

Reply by BrendaTx on 9/7/06 3:55pm
Msg #144233

Colleen...

I have been there at 4:30 pm...seen them lock doors at 5 pm (same branch) finished at 5:30 pm. But . . . trying to keep the staff there until 7:30 pm would seem pushing it a bit to me.

Reply by ColleenCA on 9/7/06 4:01pm
Msg #144236

Yes, keeping staff would not be acceptable. In the past, it has been the LO, myself, borrowers and the bank manager. A couple of tellers were lingering as well, but just doing what they would normally do to close out for the day.

Reply by BrendaTx on 9/7/06 3:41pm
Msg #144226

Thanks, Cassie.

To the caller's credit, she did laugh when I told her that this town was a farming community and everyone went to bed at 7 pm...except on Saturdays. People stay up until 8:30 pm on Saturdays. Bath day, you know.

Reply by cassiewi on 9/7/06 3:48pm
Msg #144229

You're welcome and LOL, bath day.

Reply by Marlene/USNA on 9/7/06 4:01pm
Msg #144237

Yes!

Friday is payday for a great many people in Pittsburgh, banks in the suburbs stay open later to let you get your banking done, 7:30 is not unusual. They're also open Saturdays, sometimes until 1 or 3. Downtown offices are another story - sidewalks rolled up by 4:00 in most cases, but that's because they're within walking distance on a lunch hour for Downtown workers.

You wacky wrong person, you! So there!

Reply by Marlene/USNA on 9/7/06 4:02pm
Msg #144238

Oh. You were talking farm towns. n/m

Reply by BrendaTx on 9/7/06 4:06pm
Msg #144240

Re: Yes! Marlene...

That's the answer I was looking for. I stand corrected...even if it is a farming community. I just cannot conceive of that in rural Texas. Thank you for expanding my horizons!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.