Notary Rotary
Is Navy Federal...
Notary Discussion History

Is Navy Federal...
Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by Charm_AL on 9/20/06 9:22am
Msg #147173

Is Navy Federal...

paying everyone $50.? They don't like to negotiate at all.

Reply by celeste/ca on 9/20/06 9:51am
Msg #147188

They have called me 3 times in the last 2 months, and each time want me to go out for 50.00. All 3 signings are not that close, so I would quote my fee, and they would say, "Well, we are only paying 50 for this." No thank you!

Reply by Roger_OH on 9/20/06 10:18am
Msg #147198

I'll do them if they're close or I can work them into the route of other appointments. They take all of 10 minutes!

Reply by DD/OR on 9/20/06 10:20am
Msg #147199

Navy Federal hasn't called me but other $50.00 company's have. I tell them I can't believe they have the nerve to offer me $50.00. I tell them 'NO' and that I can't believe a notary would accept that small amount. If all notaries would not accept it, companys would start raising their fees. I think they need us more than we need them. Furthermore, I believe if Signing Services went out of business, more Title companys would call us and offer us more money. It always amazes me, how much the SS makes on the deal. We get paid a pittance of what they receive. And then they want to cut our fee if it doesn't fund. I don't think so. Not me, anymore. I refuse to be used like that. I believe we should be paid at least 1/2 of what Title pays them, maybe even 3/4. After all, we do most of the work. They will give me my fair share ot they can shove it.

Reply by MistarellaFL on 9/20/06 10:35am
Msg #147206

On ths one I agree with Roger. I don't do any others at $50 and wouldn't advocate regular refi's for this fee.
This is one of the $50 jobs I DON'T balk at, if they are close.
ON docs, small packages, few notarizations, 10-15 minutes signing time + travel time for $50
is appropriate. They are often scheduled for daytimes hours (when I have no appts. anyway)
Pay is timely and dependable.
These packages are much smalller than the normal refi size, and the brw's are always well-prepared with little to-no questions.
I don't do many, but because they are so quick and close, they don't intrude on my evenng signings at a higher fee.

Reply by Tina_MA on 9/20/06 10:49am
Msg #147209

Roger and Mistarella are correct.

All told, there is usually 20 pages (or less) double sided. Usually only has two notarizations, maybe three.

They are the quickest loans I've ever closed. Borrowers are always fully informed about all aspects of their loan and have no questions.

I wish there were more of these closer to me. I wouldn't mind doing these all day long.

Reply by Roger_OH on 9/20/06 10:57am
Msg #147212

Misty is right. I don't advocate $50 signings as a rule, but you have to know the companies and pick your battles. A $50 Navy Federal with maybe 10 pages is markedly different from say, a $50 DiTech offer. Same with the small Countrywide modifications that have one stamp and take five minutes. No grief ever on either one; no email, no faxbacks - just sign, stamp and drop. I view these about the same as I would being called by the public for a simple trip for general notary services.

Reply by Charm_AL on 9/20/06 11:00am
Msg #147213

just wondering...I have done a few in my zip, but this time it was farther away and they never called back. There are notaries closer to the area they called me for.

Reply by MistarellaFL on 9/20/06 11:14am
Msg #147217

They called YOU because you're awesome!
I do decline their offers for more than 15 miles each way, but they love those of us who perform up to their standards.

Reply by Stephanie_CA on 9/20/06 11:20am
Msg #147221

Re: Is Navy Federal...I do get $60.00 ;-) n/m

Reply by Dave_CA on 9/20/06 11:23am
Msg #147222

Anytime if they are close.

Roger and Mistarella are correct.

All told, there is usually 20 pages (or less) double sided. Usually only has two notarizations, maybe three.

They are the quickest loans I've ever closed. Borrowers are always fully informed about all aspects of their loan and have no questions.

I wish there were more of these closer to me. I wouldn't mind doing these all day long.

Reply by lenelle/FL on 9/20/06 1:37pm
Msg #147261

Re: Anytime if they are close.

I also agree with Mistrella and Roger and probably do at least one or two a month. Like everyone has said, they are really easy, fast and something that you can stick somewhere in your schedule in the same area. Borrowers are always informed and they mostly come overnight. Grab them and go - done in 15!

Reply by Brenda/CA on 9/20/06 2:17pm
Msg #147264

Re: Anytime if they are close.

I have received $65.00 I will do these if they are close to home.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.