Notary Rotary
Is it a slow month for signings ????
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by Sincere Notary MANTRA Solutions on 9/21/06 10:43pm
Msg #147652

Do people have still to plan for next year. How is the work load during the holiday season??

Reply by DD/OR on 9/22/06 4:00am
Msg #147679

I could be lots busier if I accepted $50.00 signings but I don't. I suspect that the notaries who say they are busy are the $50.00 notaries. I've been turning down companys that try to lowball me. They say if they can get my fee approved they will call me back. They never do. That's ok with me. I won't work for peanuts. I don't put all my apples in one basket. I don't rely on just this business. I have another business going.

Reply by MelissaM_FL on 9/22/06 5:38am
Msg #147683

Not according to my calendar...

I was up till almost 2am getting ready for today. I still need a HUD on one set of docs and a full set for another, but my calendar is INSANE! IF I survive today, I want drinks out by the pool tonight. That means my hubby is gonna have to install a pool AND hire a cabana boy to make the drinks while I'm running around today!

Reply by Lisa Prestegard on 9/22/06 6:56am
Msg #147686

Ditto here, Melissa... and I don't accept $50 signings!

To date, September '06 has been my busiest month ever. I too was up until the wee hours finishing up yesterdays packages and getting ready for today. I am positively exhausted.
Can't wait to head to Margaritaville tonight myself ;-)

Reply by Teddog/CO on 9/22/06 7:18am
Msg #147689

Re: Ditto here, Melissa... and I don't accept $50 signings!

Same here and NO $50 signings. I think that those of us that have been doing this job for several years have pretty well separated "the wheat from the shaft." Work like a crazy person then go into "slow mo." You have to love this business. You never know just how busy it's going to be. This leads me to believe that notaries just love "living on the edge." lol Deadlines , rushing , make it correct and reading personalities all in the same breath. Wow! I ask you "how many people do you know" that can do that.
All that and more, for $50 I don't think so!! lol

Reply by CARID on 9/22/06 9:01am
Msg #147727

It has been great in Missouri. NO $50.00 signings here ! I think the longer you have been in business the more clients you have build up. Always market market market !! That makes signings more consistent !! Which makes a happy notary Smile

Reply by Bonnie_CO on 9/22/06 10:21am
Msg #147743

Southern Colorado has been booming! I've had to turn down a LOT of closing for GOOD money simply because there was no room in my schedule!
Hey T-Dog!! I agree with your anology! I think we're all adrenaline junkies! EOM really gets the adrenaline flowing! LOL!
Have a good one everyone! Wink

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.