Notary Rotary
Is there a shortage of binder clips?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by Blueink_CA on 9/18/06 5:29pm
Msg #146829

Has anyone else noticed Lenders or TC's getting stingy with binder clips? Most of my o/n packages lately are either bound by rubber bands, 1 oversized binder clip or bent up paper clips. I understand the need to watch the office supply budget, but come on, they should have plenty, since we all contribute our own BC's on edox. Is someone hoarding these precious commodities?

Oh, and LSI, you can buy these in bulk, you know.

Reply by Cassandra Andrews on 9/18/06 5:41pm
Msg #146832

yep, i've noticed & now i buy rubber bands in bulk n/m

Reply by Tina_MA on 9/18/06 7:48pm
Msg #146849

>>>Oh, and LSI, you can buy these in bulk, you know.<<<

LOL, cute.

I also buy binder clips in bulk and return docs with a binder clip. If it's a double, there's a medium binder clip for each loan, and a large binder clip to keep them neat in the packs, since two loans do not fit neatly into the legal sized envelopes.

I do not receive many overnighted docs, but the past few I've received were pretty messy. One had one of those big butterfly paper clips half on and off the docs which resulted in quite a few of the docs looking like they'd been slept on.

Another used a very thin, flimsy rubber band, that was broken when it arrived. They only used one to separate the two sets of docs. I had to flip though to find where the 2nd set started.

And yet another stapled the borrowers' set and left the original set untethered. That was the messiest package, as the original docs were in pretty bad shape. Whoever stuffed them into the envelope, did not make sure they were lined up properly, and not scrunching up in the corners.

Reply by Joan Bergstrom on 9/18/06 11:21pm
Msg #146885

I wish I got overnighted loan docs!

I think I am at the point that 99.5% of my signings are edocs. I do buy the clips to send the docs back at either Sams or Costco.

Reply by Lee/AR on 9/18/06 7:49pm
Msg #146850

Bullseye, Blueink. Nice shot!!!

"Oh, and LSI, you can buy these in bulk, you know."

Reply by MichiganAl on 9/18/06 10:47pm
Msg #146879

I really hate it when they use rubber bands instead. When I review the docs after the signing, it's so easy to clip the top and then flip through the package. You can't do that with rubber bands. And what if the borrower has to give me a check because they owe money at closing or want direct deposit? I can't slip a check under a rubber band, I need to clip it. Not a very professional way to give borrowers their copies either.

Reply by Lee/AR on 9/19/06 12:19am
Msg #146889

I dump the rubber bands & use binder clips. Rubber bands just aren't good.

Reply by MelissaM_FL on 9/19/06 7:58am
Msg #146902

I hoard binder clips! LOL

My business partner knows that she MUST bring my binder clips back to me if they are on packages.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.