Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just did purchase signing on Navy ship - what an experience!
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by BarbaraL_CA on 9/28/06 5:28pm
Msg #149133

Just returned from a signing on the USS Denver docked at San Diego Naval Station. It is an amphibious assault ship. Glad I had flat shoes on Smile ... and now I know how the Navy personnel stay in shape! A thousand stairs to climb (a little exagerated) but felt like it. I'm glad I work out pretty regularly - I'm sure there are some 62 years olds that couldn't make it.

It was fun, a beautiful day, 80 degrees, sunny, breezy Smile

Reply by LkArrowhd/CA on 9/28/06 5:38pm
Msg #149134

Re: Yes the ships are quite impressive and the subs also....

my son is Navy and it was a thrill to go aboard a ship.......so glad it was a positive.....I did a signing here in the mountain a few months back, the borrowers call down to me below HHHHHHEEEELLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOO. I ask was there another way up when headed up the what seemed like 100 plus stairs......they of course said no.....I said well I 'll be up when I get there and I hope I'm standing vertical when I arrive.....

Reply by Dorothy_MI on 9/28/06 5:42pm
Msg #149135

Barbara, A number of years ago my brother-in-law had a position as an assistant to an Admiral (he was at the time a captain -- equal to full bird colonel for you Army types) and arranged a tour of the Nimetz Carrier. Like you, I've never climbed so many steps!! The only elevators on board are for the airplanes only! Everyone has to climb the "ladders". There are something like 7 flights (decks) above the flight deck and even more below it. His comment was "there are NO fat sea going admirals!".

Reply by Sarah/CA on 9/28/06 6:59pm
Msg #149145

How fun! You never know where our profession will take us.

Reply by Joy223/MI on 9/29/06 6:15am
Msg #149189

Some people just have all the fun. I don't expect I will be doing any like that here in Michigan Smile

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.