Notary Rotary
LSI Update?
Notary Discussion History

LSI Update?
Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by Notary_OH on 9/13/06 9:43pm
Msg #145896

LSI Update?

Does anybody have any follow up or feedback on the LSI e-mail (e-doc fee reduction) from a few days ago?

Any response from Anya Coultas at LSI?

Reply by Blueink_CA on 9/14/06 11:17am
Msg #145993

I didn't respond to that e-mail because I believe they realized they were out of line and immediately recalled it. In LSI's initial sign up package there is a "Independent Contractor Status Test." The first questions reads: Will you be taking instructions from LSI on when, where or how your work is to be performed? Answer - NO. For them to suggest that our fees are excessive is contradictory to the IC status.

Another question on this test that I find ironic: Can you realize profit or loss as a result of your contract services? Obviously, they hope we can't!

Reply by Carmen/123 on 9/14/06 11:43am
Msg #146002

They only recalled the first one that they sent out because she forgot the attachemnt. It still stands. My friends in the PA office just received notification of it recently. So we'll see what happens.

Reply by Kimberly on 9/18/06 5:25pm
Msg #146828

I spoke with vendor management regarding this notice. I was advised that the lenders are trying to reduce cost or they will start using alternative escrow companies, as a proactive measure LSI has asked their notaries to make an effort to help reduce cost so they can continue using us. Additionally, I was told that the e-mail is a valid one.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.