Notary Rotary
Land Options Inc
Notary Discussion History

Land Options Inc
Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by MonicaFL on 9/24/06 6:12am
Msg #148186

Land Options Inc

Has anyone had any problems getting paid by them? I did two closings for them - one in early August and one later on the same month. Got paid for the second one but was told "I don't know why they wrote two checks but the one you haven't been paid for is check #xxxxx has been written, needs to be signed and will be sent out shorty". When I called to see why it hasn't been sent out, was told that "the owners are on vacation this week and will take care of it when they return on Monday". Well, they supposedly returned last Monday, Sept 18th and I still can't get paid. Just venting but wanted to know if anyone else has been having problems with them. If I could get a hold of the owners, I would contact them personally - but I really think I am getting the runaround here. Thanks for hearing me out.

Reply by sue_pa on 9/24/06 10:48am
Msg #148222

LO is a huge corporation. I cannot imagine (although I may be wrong) that the owners actually sit and sign every check that goes out.

Reply by MonicaFL on 9/24/06 11:15am
Msg #148227

I can't imagine that either but that is what I was told. Go figure.

Reply by sue_pa on 9/24/06 11:31am
Msg #148229

It sometimes seems - in every segment of the business world - that people will say anything to get you off the phone if 'it's not their job'. Not saying that's what happened here but seems to be a common theme lately. I reported Blockbuster to my state's AG not too long ago because I was tired of talking to the customer service reps because they basically were stupid and had their minds in tunnel vision - couldn't see at all that we were talking about 2 entirely different situations.

Reply by Dorothy_MI on 9/24/06 11:42am
Msg #148232

Did you send them a monthly statement

The last time I worked for them, I had to submit an invoice covering all signing for the previous month. Then got my check about 10 - 15 later.

Reply by MonicaFL on 9/24/06 8:41pm
Msg #148284

Re: Did you send them a monthly statement

Yes, I have sent them SEVERAL for the same closing. I was even asked to e-mail another one to them and I did. This is just getting out of hand.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.