Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
My previous post about adding late charges.
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by ssqu/ky on 9/11/06 4:48pm
Msg #145237

Anyway I sent this email to LIA Signing on Friday after receiving the confirmation. Since I know about their payment history I decided to add my policy about late charges to the confirmation and ask for a signature.(I did make it clear that I would not do the signing until I got it signed and faxed back to me) 5 emails later and leaving messages on LIA voice mail and after hours voice mail. I finally spoke with Crystal- she said did not receive email ( I think b'cause she did not get to her office until 10:00am) so I emailed again. Nothing. I email Ed. Lori calls me and says no one got email. Lori calls back Ed did get the email and they were going to fax it to me. This is at 11:20am Eastern time. The signing is for 11:00am. I felt like they would have said anything to get me to go to the signing. No fax. I get a call from another SS to do signing today. I went to the other signing. I am sorry but after waiting and waiting, emailing and leaving voice messages you begin to think they are not going to sign this. They would find another notary to do it. Ed emails me just a little bit ago asking if I did the signing. Then I was told they faxed it to me 6 hours ago. Funny I still do not have it. My response to them was "you knew that I would need this or I don't do the signing. Crystal wrote and said I was unprofessional to wait 6 hour to let them know I did not receive their fax. Huh??? LIA knew this was very important. Why wouldn't they call ME to see if I received the fax since I have been leaving messages. I told her being unprofessional is when a SS hires you to do a signing and the Notary has to chase monies due. It is one excuse after another with them. I will not work with a company that has nothing but excuses! Sorry just venting.... Thanks for listening.

Reply by Teresa/FL on 9/11/06 6:28pm
Msg #145253

LIA (long story)

I received a call from Ed on 8/15 regarding a signing in Orlando for 5PM on 8/22. He indicated it would be overnight docs., but the title company wanted a notary with edoc capability just in case they did not receive the lender package in time to overnight. I quoted him a fee for overnight docs that was above what he initially offered, but he agreed to meet my fee and said the confirmation would be sent shortly.

When the confirmation arrived (more than 2 hours later), it included these instructions (the caps are their’s):

*IMPORTANT NOTES!*

ALL APPOINTMENTS MUST BE CONFIRMED WITH THE BORROWERS AS SOON AS YOU RECEIVE THIS CONFIRMATION. WE DO REQUIRE A REPLY BY EMAIL OR PHONE CALL THAT THIS APPOINTMENT HAS BEEN CONFRIMED. WE, AS THE SIGNING COMPANY, REQUIRE THE PACKAGE TO BE DROPPED ASAP, AND THE TRACKING NUMBER TO BE CALLED IN OR EMAILED TO [e-mail address], OR [e-mail address], THIS TRACKING NUMBER WILL GERERATE YOUR INVOICE. IF WE DO NOT RECEIVE THE TRACKING NUMBER BY 8AM THE FOLLOWING BUSINESS DAY, YOUR PAY WILL BE DEDUCTED BY $10.00.

IF THERE ARE ANY REQUIRED FAX BACKS, THAT INFORMATION WILL BE
IN YOUR DOCUMENTS YOU RECEIVED FOR THIS CLOSING, ALONG WITH
THE “SHIP TO INSTRUCTIONS” THIS TITLE COMPANY SOMETIMES
REQUIRES PACKAGES TO BE SPLIT, IF SO THAT INFORMATION WILL BE
PROVIDED IN THE PACKAGE AS WELL. IF THIS WILL NOT BE A SPLIT PACKAGE
ALL DOCUMENTS GO BACK TO THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS.

***TITLE COMPANY ADDRESS***
***TITLE COMPANY FED EX #***

I called the borrower to confirm and replied to the email as follows:

“A message has been left for the borrower confirming the appointment for 5 PM 08/22/06. I will notify you when I have actually spoken to her.

You have mis-spelled my last name on the confirmation. It should be BURRELL.

Regarding payment terms: I expect payment to be issued within 30 days of the closing. If the borrower does not show for a confirmed appointment, does not complete the signing, or rescinds, I expect payment in full. I will wait 30 minutes for the borrower to show up or 30 minutes while the borrower discusses loan terms with their Loan Officer.

If the loan documents are emailed instead of overnighted, there is a $25 fee per loan for printing the lender and borrower sets. Emailed documents must be received at least 2 hours prior to the confirmed appointment time. For split shipments there is an additional $10 charge and fax-backs are $1 per page.

Please confirm your acceptance of these terms."

No response was received from the SS, so when the TC emailed the docs. to me on Friday, 08/18, and indicated a fax-back requirement, I send another email confirming the receipt of the emailed docs from the TC and requesting confirmation of the $25 edoc fee and $10 fax-back fee. Still no response, so when the TC called on Monday, 8/21 to confirm I was able to download and print docs., I explained my dilemma and forwarded my request for fee/terms confirmation to them.

Here’s the reply from the TC:
“I put a note in our system reflecting the amount you've asked for for email docs. i am forwarding this on to the scheduling supervisor. i can't see why you wouldn't get it. “

It was only after the TC forwarded my message on to Crystal at LIA that I got a call from her. Needless to say, she would not agree to my terms, so I declined the assignment. I think the real sticking point for her was that I expected to get paid if it was a no-sign or the loan rescinded. At least they had 24 hours to find a new notary!

By the way, the TC was LSI….

Reply by Joan Murad EA on 9/11/06 6:53pm
Msg #145257

Re: LIA (long story)

I did a signing for them and the Tc was also LSI. After 45 days of no payment and the ususual the check is going out BS. I decided to call LSI I and ask their help in receiving payment. Low and behold the check arrived a few days later. You were wise to cancel the app't.

Reply by Teresa/FL on 9/11/06 7:01pm
Msg #145259

Re: LIA (long story)

I'm just glad the TC emailed the docs. If they had shipped them to me I would have had to deal with arranging for the new notary to pick them up....you KNOW I wouldn't have offered to deliver them!

Reply by Becca_FL on 9/12/06 1:18am
Msg #145384

Good girl Teresa n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.