Notary Rotary
NNA Background Screening... I too am curiuos
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by GenB_CA on 9/14/06 3:40pm
Msg #146104

Below is the text from the NNA website. This is the introduction to their sales pitch but I also wonder if it's truly going to be something that affects us. Will the DOJ background check that is required for all CA notaries satisfy federal regulations?

--Consumer Protection Law Brings Big Changes For Notary Signing Agents--

The Gramm-Leach-Bliley Financial Services Modernization Act (GLBA) was enacted by Congress to protect consumers' sensitive private information. To comply with this law and the Interagency Guidelines that have been set, the mortgage industry has begun to require background screening for all persons — including Notary Signing Agents — involved in the lending process who have access to borrowers' private financial information.

The deadline set by several of the nation’s leading title services companies for Notary Signing Agents to complete their background screening is December 1, 2006. To ease the burden of having Notary Signing Agents undergo multiple background screenings — one for each lender — these companies have asked the National Notary Association to develop a single-source solution.

In response, the NNA has added GLBA-compliance training and background screening to its Certified Notary Signing Agent training program. This program makes it easy for you to become a Certified Notary Signing Agent in compliance with the new industry requirements and federal regulations.

Reply by GenB_CA on 9/14/06 3:43pm
Msg #146108

I should have checked previous threads before posting n/m

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 9/14/06 3:46pm
Msg #146110

Re: I should have checked previous threads .. that's okay...

It was getting lost anyway...thanks!!..Smile

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.