Notary Rotary
NNA directory and business
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by Larry/Ca on 9/30/06 7:24pm
Msg #149562

Well, I'm about to sign up with NNA and was wondering if others in rural areas of California find them as a good source of business. I'm in South Lake Tahoe. For $150 you get a membership, a NSA book, (I'm already certified through another organization), a certification, a listing, the background check and i don't know what else. one signing from their listing would pay for this, i just was wondering if i've been missing a lot of business by not being listed with them?

thanks to all, Larry

Reply by Michelle/AL on 9/30/06 7:27pm
Msg #149564

I can't speak for California...

...but in Alabama I don't get much business from NNA. You may want to click on the orange "search" button on this page and type NNA. You'll get a lot of information from various members on this site.

Reply by Glenn Strickler on 9/30/06 7:28pm
Msg #149565

I did not renew this year ......

You will find a lot of interesting comments on the board ....

Reply by Charles_Ca on 9/30/06 9:55pm
Msg #149580

I've got to agree with Glen, I didn't renew this year

Last year I didn't get a singel referral from NNA that I wojld work for. It seem that only the lowball companies use them, at least that's been my experience. By the way I am rural also and I get the vast majority of my signing requests form Notary Rotary, IN my opinion your best value is here.

Reply by Raimond on 9/30/06 10:27pm
Msg #149584

Re: I've got to agree with Glen, I didn't renew this year

I got my renewal from the NNA... Right to the trash it went!

Not a single assignment did I get from them over the last year.

Save your $, invest it in business cards that you can hand out.

I have gotten 2 requests for mobile notary and one re-sign from my cards...

Not a great return on my $ but far better than the NNA gave me!

Reply by John_NorCal on 10/1/06 12:18am
Msg #149592

I agree with the others

I've had one call from the NNA site this year. It was for a $50.00 signing, all of my business has come from Notary Rotary. Save your money for better things.

Reply by DellaCa on 10/1/06 5:38am
Msg #149603

Re: I agree with the others

I recieved 1 call in 2 years and did not take it.

Reply by Jason on 10/1/06 5:46am
Msg #149604

Charles is right

Chas is right: "only the lowball companies use them"

When I was a member, I got 1 job that paid my base fee. Rest were lowball.

I haven't been a member for years.

Reply by thnotary_NY on 10/2/06 10:17am
Msg #149744

Re: I did not renew this year ......

I'm not renewing either.!!!!!

Reply by NCLisa on 10/1/06 7:07am
Msg #149609

I am not renewing. I got no business from them this year. I don't get any business from this site either due to the zip code generator being way off base in my area. There are 2 other services that I get lots of business from.

Reply by DD/OR on 10/1/06 8:09am
Msg #149613

I was a member for several years. I cancelled my membership. I received no business from them. Save your money.

Reply by BrendaTx on 10/1/06 10:23am
Msg #149628

When I was a member I got at least a call per month, however, they only offered $50.

When I would say no, they would belittle me for not accepting the fee that LOTS of notaries find acceptible. Yeah, right. I don't need the argument.

By my experience in Texas, there is no type of signing we get that profits at $50. I think I'll start a new thread for that little gripe of mine.

Reply by Larry/Ca on 10/1/06 10:37am
Msg #149631

Thanks all, I think i'll pass

on the NNA listing based on posts here. i will probably go with Harry for the background check, if he gets it working and i end up needing it.

Reply by Lee/AR on 10/1/06 1:26pm
Msg #149653

Now you're thinking & part of the real Notary team! n/m

Reply by kathy/ca on 10/2/06 10:29am
Msg #149746

I'm not renewing either, BIG waste of $$$$$$!!!!!! n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.