Notary Rotary
NY Real Estate Transfer Tax and other tax paperwork
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by Andrea Ciardo on 9/17/06 4:56pm
Msg #146631

Hi everyone. I am based in NY. I am doing a signing that has a few tax forms to fill out. I was wondering if any of you have had closings with these type of documents.
I am not sure what information to use to fill them out. I also believe that is outside the scope of my role. I called the company that booked me and told them we needed to address this , as the signing will go over if the BO doesn't have the figures handy. Do the best you can at the table doesn't cut it for me.
So I guess my question is, Has anyone else come up against this and if so, what did you do?
Thanks for all your help
Andrea

Reply by DonR_NYC on 9/17/06 6:13pm
Msg #146636

The only time you should see the RPT and related paperwork (CO and Smoke Detector Affidavits) is if a deed is being executed. The RPT should have been completed by the title company since they have to figure out the taxes being paid. If you are in NYC you should also have the DEP paperwork and Statement of Registration.

Other than the RPT the borrower should be able to complete the other forms since they only ask for name, address, etc.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.