Notary Rotary
Needing some help
Notary Discussion History

Needing some help
Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by Debra Kidder on 9/25/06 5:29pm
Msg #148419

Needing some help

I am a fairly new notary and am trying to learn the ropes. I am in need of some help with a few items.
First - I left a signing today where the borrower didn't want to sign the documents because they weren't what he had discussed with his loan originator. Can I expect to get paid again to go out to do the signing again when the documents are to his liking? I've never had this experience to date, before.
Second - Can I get some ideas on what to charge per mile to go out to signings out of my "comfort zone"? I have no ideas what's being charged for mileage.
Third - How much would I charge to receive E-docs? How much would I charge for copies and faxing? Do we charge by the page? I'm really new to all of this and would appreciate some feedback. I'm in the Seattle area, so if you aren't in competition with me around here, maybe you could give me some feedback.

Reply by Charm_AL on 9/25/06 5:37pm
Msg #148424

1) discuss a no-sign/no show fee during the initial call, now invoice them and tell them your fee and that it was a no sign.
2) you determine your own fees....I charge a base rate for my county and an additional to go outside it.
3) people charge anywhere from $25-50 for e-docs, you will learn by trial and error which companies will pay what. Look at your competition by going to the county court house to see who your direct competition is. When you have some experience under your belt, get into or start a network designed to target TC and escrow companies, they will pay you directly resulting in a much better fee, but do the job right or you won't be called again....also, check out message #33325.

Reply by Ndwa on 9/25/06 5:42pm
Msg #148427

I'm in the middle of fixing my main computer and waiting for docs on 3 signings at the same time. If you'd like, call me at 360-719-1290. I can give you some realistics numbers to play with.

Reply by Debra Kidder on 9/25/06 5:45pm
Msg #148428

Thank you for your input. On your additional rate to go outside your base rate, do you charge by the mile or just a set amount you've come up with?

I appreciate any help I can get.

Reply by MistarellaFL on 9/25/06 5:48pm
Msg #148429

Give NWDA a call

his name is Andy, and he is in your area.
I am sure speaking to him would be most helpful in answering your questions.
He gave his number to you in his previous post.

Reply by Ernest__CT on 9/26/06 12:49am
Msg #148483

Debra: Please either click on the "Add Link To My Profile" box and Post or send email to me via my Profile.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.