Notary Rotary
Network questions
Notary Discussion History

Network questions
Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by BrendaTx on 9/10/06 11:39am
Msg #144931

Network questions

You can send your network questions to me. However, I will not be able to answer them individually. I am writing up the basics right now. No promises, but I am trying to put something together today.

Your questions will be addressed in the content of the manuscript which I will publish at some point in the near future. Q&A's will be welcome to help me find out what you don't understand about the process.

If you research my posts and use network as a keyword, you will find out a lot of information.

Right now, Step #1 is to be READY. For those hoping to network, but not hoping to be a leader of the pack, write up a profile and hold on to it until a leader(s) emerge/s for your state.

Name
Address
Phone
email
Website.

What area do you cover?

Number of signings.

Types of signings you have done.

Types of clients you have.

Are you full-time or part-time?

When are you available?

What can YOU personally bring to a network.

Do you know how to do any website programming?

What YOU think a network should be.

Are you ever, ever, ever going to become a signing service? (If you are, don't get into a network. It's wrong to do that because your purposes are different from a network. You desire to charge for referrals. A network member refers for free and only based on their reputation WITH TRUST that the same will be done for them. )

Are you willing to refer signings to your network for free?
====================

If you want to sit on your rump while others do the work, do not bother to network. I endorse pulling the plug on argumentative, counter-productive, coat-tail riders who cannot be trusted to do their fair share, to be a positive influence, helpful team player, or to not backstab and say that the leader of a network is [any number of personality disorders] just because the leader says "no thank you" to their dysfunction and whims.

Networking requires trust.

Reply by Signing_Doc on 9/10/06 12:26pm
Msg #144940

Re: Network questions..ok boss ready for the next step n/m

Reply by sandi/WA on 9/10/06 1:18pm
Msg #144957

Re: Network questions..ok boss ready for the next step

Even though there seems to not be networking in our state yet, I appreciate your help in getting us ready for it. Thank You so much for your time, experience, knowledge and willingness to share.....
SK

Reply by BrendaTx on 9/10/06 3:58pm
Msg #144978

Re: Network questions..ok boss ready for the next step

You are welcome, y'all. I am writing as fast as my fingers will fly. Smile

Reply by EastTxNotary on 9/10/06 1:19pm
Msg #144958

Brenda, I feel compelled to interject here... I am a proud member of the Texas network and I believe that one thing the new networks should be aware of is that Brenda has been relentless in her efforts. Because the NSA's in our network didn't know each other from the "get go", it has been a rocky road to develop the trust necessary to refer work to another network member secure in the knowledge that their work is the same as if you'd done the job yourself. Brenda has established a forum and she has tirelessly worked at getting ALL of our associates to post so that we can get to know each other. I feel that this interaction is imperative in developing the bond necessary for a strong network. We all guarantee our work and I think we've finally reached a common level of trust. It's working for us!

Reply by BrendaTx on 9/10/06 1:31pm
Msg #144961

Re: Network questions - Can I quote you, EastTx?

Smile

And...I was just working on question posed to me via an email I have received.

** One of my first questions is, how do you verify the information required for group membership? **

How would you answer that, EastTx?

Reply by EastTxNotary on 9/10/06 1:34pm
Msg #144962

Ha! Good Question...How DID you verify me, Boss?

Reply by BrendaTx on 9/10/06 1:56pm
Msg #144964

First, do a questionnaire for applicants.

Once you receive your requested information back from the applicants, you will need to call them. I spent at least 30 minutes to an hour in chatting with all the notaries who are still on the network today. If they are serious, you can tell. I'd say only three bluffed me.

That's the most time consuming part. You talk to them, you go with your gut, you look over their written qualifications, you determine if they are fudging. One to one you can figure out whether or not they are truly dedicated to your purpose if they are bluffing you and trying to get a free ride.

If you find out you have made a mistake, the leader takes that unpopular role of saying, "this is not working."

EastTx and I talk every single day. I call her as soon as I know she is up and we usually have a few things to go over, ideas to bounce off of each other, etc. etc.

And, btw, EastTx and I both cover some of the same counties.

However, we have never once felt anything weird between the two of us in the way of business competition.

Let it be known that as much as *I* am the network, so is EastTx. The reason you do not know this is because she has a "Bart" and I do not. If I had a "Bart" I would not be so focused on the business and writing on NR all the time.

And, then there's Cindy who made our wonderful brochure (getting rave reviews by the at-large out there) and then there's Secret Service/CIA Tammy who picks up the LO's and takes them with her in her SUV to loan signings so she can run "intel" and do the brainwashing...

And then there's Sid who'll drive across Texas if it will help us. He and I went to the capital and testified before the Judicial Revew Ctte on notary issues., and while there we hit the SOS office once, just to let them put a face with our names and voices...and then there's Joe who is not just a hunky Latin guy with a sexy voice, but so much more!

And, the quiet Corpus Christi Connection who keeps us solid, the North Tx ex-stewardess and sell, sell, sell gal. (She'll deliver lunches, pies, cookies, etc. and try to talk Eskimos into buying ice.).

There's the Family Trio over in San Antonio who does reconnaissance over there...the El Paso Guru who put our link on ALL over her professionally printed invoices, Lubbock's Classic Professional who adds a little class to the gang, the Dallas Gazelle who probably does as many signings as any of us and works a full time job...and our newest addition to the group in Dripping Springs who is hitting the ground door to door telling them YOU *WILL* USE US, YOU HEAR???

And, soon, there will be SarahBeth Ca who will also add credibility to our group. And, if I missed anyone, which I always do...they are key to making it work.

It takes a lot of talent to make it work and you must build trust and weed out the ones who would rather really be selling MaryKay or Avon NOT THAT THERE IS ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT, it's just determining what your priorities are.

Reply by BrendaTx on 9/10/06 1:59pm
Msg #144965

**How DID you verify me, Boss?**

Using my own experience, I could tell you were telling the truth.

Reply by Charles_Ca on 9/10/06 2:05pm
Msg #144966

Your ticket to higher income and more respect

I don't know how many of you realize that Brenda has probably the best operating and most successful notary network out there as well as the most profitable. This is not a get rich quick scheme. This is going to require hard work and diligence but for those of you who are not afraid of hard work and sticking to the business I believe you will find that the principles that Brenda is setting forth in her guidelines will allow you to grow your business to much more profitable levels with less trouble and better respect. The network that Brenda has developed I believe makes more money per assignment and develops great respect. I believe that this type of networking will be the wave of the future and if you get into it now and work it you will have a lot of people wishing that they had the foresight to get involved at this time. Those who get things going now will shortly control the signing industry not the Signing Services. Imagine asking and getting your fees, requests for credit with references, and clients who know that they need YOUR service. I wish everyone a great deal of success and Brenda needs to be lauded for her selfless effort in putting out this tried and true system for others' benefit.

Reply by Charles_Ca on 9/10/06 2:06pm
Msg #144967

Amost generous gift to notaries Brenda! n/m

Reply by Laura Upton on 9/10/06 7:18pm
Msg #145004

Bren, question for you; is the network only available in texas? i dont know of anyone who does this sort of thing in NH. I think its a great idea; but am not sure i understand exactly where the network will be located, in order for everyone to be party to it.

if its easier to email me personally, feel free. thanks! laura

Reply by BrendaTx on 9/10/06 8:33pm
Msg #145017

Start reaching out to other notaries who are not in your back yard. Build relationships...that's the hardest part...building trust, and selling this concept of something for "free," that is, no money, just marketing yourself as a network.

The reason to network is this:

A title company will more likely save a list of of qualified notaries in a region when they will not bother to save a profile sheet of just "one" notary on it.

Reply by Michelle/AL on 9/10/06 8:28pm
Msg #145016

BrendaTx

I received your email last night. Not sure if you got my response. Thank you for the vote of confidence and all your help!

Reply by BrendaTx on 9/10/06 8:35pm
Msg #145018

Re: BrendaTx

I must have missed it. Please send it to: texnotary at gmail dot com.

Reply by cntrlcalntry on 9/10/06 10:37pm
Msg #145036

Thank you Brenda. n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.