New at Notary Closings
Notary Discussion History

New at Notary Closings
Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by Tina Johnson on 9/11/06 7:37am
Msg #145057

New at Notary Closings

Hi,

I am a Realtor and have recently started doing Notary Closings. I have learned a lot from reading this forum - thank you all for sharing. I was researching books for guidance and found one called "Loan Signing: Notary Field Manager" by Linda Mae France. Has anyone used this book? Does anyone have any other reading suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Reply by Charles_Ca on 9/11/06 11:00am
Msg #145109

Any of the "Guerrilla Marketing" series...

I've always found them to be effective and budget concious. Welcome aboard!

Reply by cblasvegas on 9/11/06 11:59am
Msg #145149

Never used that book, will check it out if I can. I've discovered doing loan closings 6yrs ago and it was slow at first. Signing up with various Signing Co's. Then just recently I got certified by the NNA and after doing that I'm getting a little bit more calls from Signing Co's. Would like to try and get Mortgage Co's, Title Co's & Escrow Co's & work directly for them instead of being the middle person working w/Signing Co's and get the full fee and having to wait a month for my check. I did a signing for a mortgage co. last yr and got paid right after the closing. Would luv to work like that if I could find a Co. to give me enough work. Then I wouldn't deal w/these Signing Co's. Some pay right away others you have to wait until the 15th or 30th of the month to get paid. I can't understand why some of these Signing Co's wait so long. The loan closes in 3 business days and most clients getting money back get their check within 5 days. I' m venting sorry, but if you want to contact me personally I would luv to talk or email w/you.

Reply by Signing_Doc on 9/11/06 1:16pm
Msg #145172

kind of hard to talk with or email you if we have no email to contact ewe with.. "Doc" :-)

Reply by Tina Johnson on 9/11/06 2:02pm
Msg #145185

My email address is in my profile. Should I have it somewhere else for everyone to see?

Reply by cassiewi on 9/11/06 2:20pm
Msg #145194

Not trying to but in, but you don't have the link to your profile. When you post and you want people to see your profile, you need to click on the box that says. "add link to my profile". Then they'll be able to see it.

Reply by Tina Johnson on 9/11/06 2:22pm
Msg #145196

Ahhh Thank you

Reply by cassiewi on 9/11/06 2:39pm
Msg #145206

You're welcome!

Reply by Sincere Notary MANTRA Solutions on 10/2/06 8:57pm
Msg #149894

I have some learning material - book from NNA - which includes all the forms used in a closing and a very good CD from Downtown notaries - which got me started in this profession. Let me know if you are interested. I have also got some printouts of questions and answers realted to the profession.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.