Notary Rotary
New notary: questions
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by Alex Oh on 9/24/06 2:50pm
Msg #148251

Hi, I just started as a new notary and had a question about E&O insurance. What is the difference between E&O insurance and the surety bond? Or are they the same thing?

Another question I have is, is it possible to get loan signing work even though you are not a certified loan signing agent? A friend of mine who has been doing it for a long while trained me so I don't know if a certificate is necessary.

Thanks for help in advance.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 9/24/06 2:55pm
Msg #148254

The surety bond covers the public. If you screw up and the bond is paid out, you will have to pay it back. E&O insurance covers you in case of errors and omission.

It is possible to get signing work without being certified. I know several excellent loan signing agent who are not certified.

Reply by MaryP/PA on 9/24/06 6:42pm
Msg #148275

Alex - I've been doing this for 2 1/2 years now and no one has ever asked me if I was certified which I'm not. I think I've built this to a very successful part-time business for myself.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.