Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
New to me RM LO:: Start a Network::Marketing...
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by BrendaTx on 9/1/06 6:32pm
Msg #143035

As I mentioned in my previous post, I spoke with a new LO (to me) this afternoon.

Though I spend my priority time "monkeying" around, my off time is spent is actually spent looking for business, income, etc.

I cannot say enough good about the concept of hooking up with other good notaries and network marketing. For me, I feel the Tx network has recently achieved the triple swan dive off the high diving board of notary work.

Within the last two months, not only have three new title companies knocked at our door...but, now, from today's call, it seems we have now infiltrated the consciousness of an LO who shared our brochure and website with said LOs own network of LO friends all over Texas. When this dear lady asked me my fee, I quoted $xxx.xx for my local area. She said, "Wonderful!"

From this newly gained client base, my weeks have begun to produce better than I have seen for good while. However, let me be clear that it took around two years and lots and lots of phone calls, emails, and tough decisions. It also took researching my competition, knowing where to market by researching solid targets for marketing.

We had a vision. We pushed for it. I would not listen to naysayers, excuses or negativity, I reminded people who were not team players that membership was not mandatory, but certain things were mandatory for membership...and I feel we have succeeded in making a place for ourselves in the Texas signing industry. Now that it is working so much better for all of us, everyone is on board with renewed enthusiasm.

This is **not** to brag, but to encourage you all to not settle for the current model of earning 1/3 to 1/2 of the full fees being paid for your services. Plot a course around the saturation, hang a target up...start shooting at it.

If your business is repeatedly getting low ball offers...and, if you are not already sure of where to concentrate your marketing efforts, the best place to start is your county recorder's office. Look at the link in my profile in the last line.

--Go to the book, read about the county recorder, and figure out who is targeting the area you serve.

--Begin to set up criteria for a network...become a proactive organizer, and get things done.

--Set marketing goals and push, push, push to get everyone in the group doing it.

--Protect your network by having only people who will work...not just ride the coattails of others. One stinky thinker will set you back every darn time.

--Never work for signing services who will low ball you. Keep your schedule available for good clients as you begin to get more play from them.

--For good signing services that you do work for, NEVER solicit their clients. Never. Build a good relationship with them.

--Make sure no agent on your list is planning to farm out signings all over the state or USA. Your purposes are different and it will create problems. It's not that SSs are "bad," it's just that some businesses do not mix.

Reply by Michelle/AL on 9/2/06 5:42pm
Msg #143163

A grateful newbie says thank you:

Congratulations, to you Brenda and your network. I enjoy reading your posts. I find them to be informative and motivating. I took the advice in your book and located the county recorder's online site. The information provided there is priceless. Please keep sharing your lessons learned with the rest of us. It can only help us to reach our own goals more quickly.

Reply by BrendaTx on 9/2/06 5:50pm
Msg #143164

Re: A grateful newbie says thank you:

**The information provided there is priceless.**

<big grin> ~ I know! ~ </big grin>

Glad you check it out. Good luck!

Reply by Melissa Peeke on 9/4/06 9:27pm
Msg #143454

Brenda,

You've truly taken the game to a new level. I only wish CT had county recorders -- try going to 169 different city/town halls to gather the information...Actually, I exaggerate a bit there, I don't cover the whole state, but 2-3 stop shopping beats going through the whole mall by a long shot!

Really, good job on the ebook. Lots of useful info included.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.