Notary Rotary
New trick from SOX?
Notary Discussion History

New trick from SOX?
Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by LIZ/VA on 9/26/06 5:50pm
Msg #148621

New trick from SOX?

Got a call from SOX this p.m. confirming an apt. for tonight. Told them I did not take the assignment. Caller said you didn't speak with someone last evening/night, and accept. I said this is first call I have had, ( on this assignment ) and I am not interested. I was not rude, although what I was thinking certainly was, but feel they are just paid employees doing their job, so no need to hastle them. Has anyone else had this happen? Anyone else heard or recd payment from Sox since last "talk" ( last week)?

Reply by Ernest__CT on 9/26/06 5:56pm
Msg #148622

It certainly sounds like a SOX trick!

SOX has tried making the initial phone call using another name, then when you receive the email / fax confirmation it turns out to be from SOX! Kind of a bait-and-switch.

Fortunately, it seems that SOX is finally getting the idea: Sensible NSAs won't work for free, which means not working for SOX.

Reply by Glenn Strickler on 9/26/06 7:29pm
Msg #148640

Another SOX MO is ......

They will pay on time just fine for a while .. a year even. There will even be posters on the boards who are in the first period with them telling us we are the ones that are screwing up the billing, because they get paid just fine. Then you will get a lot of signings from them and then they quit paying when they are into you for hundreds of dollars if not a grand or more. You can tell when those defenders of SOX get tagged as you don't seem to hear from them anymore. Everyone who is new is a target.

They paid me after my noticed that I filed in small claims. Never again ......

Reply by Glenn Strickler on 9/26/06 7:31pm
Msg #148641

One of these days, I'll learn how to write .. "notice" n/m

Reply by Stamper_WI on 9/26/06 8:23pm
Msg #148652

I have had them call and slur the name enough to sound like another company. That other company is very aware of this.

Reply by LkArrowhd/CA on 9/26/06 8:51pm
Msg #148658

Re: New trick from SOX? Think of the energy they spend in

plotting to get notaries to work for free.....

Reply by Linda_in_MI on 9/27/06 8:53am
Msg #148745

About three weeks ago I got a call from SOX for a signing ASAP because the first notary couldn't print the docs. I declined, and told the scheduler it was because they didn't have a good reputation for paying. THEN the scheduler from SOX told me that since he also worked for the title company, he could arrange it so I could invoice the TC directly and get paid. Now, who did he work for. . . SOX or the TC? I still passed. It just didn't feel right. ANYWAY, about 10 days after that, I got a call from another SS for the same address. Apparently there was a problem with the paperwork and it was redrawn. According to the borrowers, the notary that did come out didn't get there till about 11 pm. I hope they get their fee.

Reply by Kevin Ledbetter on 10/18/06 10:09pm
Msg #153501

To get paid from them you have to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. WWW.LABBB.ORG
They told me that I never invoiced them, because they called me a liar I am having fun going out of my way to talk about them. If you list on the BBB you will get a responce.

Reply by jba/fl on 10/19/06 4:30pm
Msg #153725

Got paid for everything after BBB complaint. They said nothing about me in their defense as I knew in advance what they would say and went in minute detail about my efforts to collect, copies of fax transmissions, copies of invoices, contracts, etc. Got paid in 4 days w/o any comment from their people about how I didn't follow instructions, fax to correct numbers, etc. Like Kevin, I post about them Everywhere - this is my mission!
Save the Notary!!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.