Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
No pay SOX, does anyone have any experience collecting?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by Roger Kennedy on 9/2/06 8:22pm
Msg #143170

I have done $655 worth of closings with SOX and all I get is the run around from Brandy, accts no-payable manager. She never returns the calls, and when she does, she says the check will be in the mail..I have invoices going back to April 2006 (1) then May 2006 (4) and June 2006 (5) where they get you is that they tell you that invoices turned in at the end of the month will be paid at the end of the following month!!!! I got suckered in on that deal.
Then Brandy says that the fax number I used was wrong..but in the confirmations that is the fax number!!!!

Reply by Blueink_CA on 9/2/06 8:35pm
Msg #143171

Read this board Roger. Sox has been a problem for a long time.

Reply by KBLedgard_CA on 9/2/06 8:37pm
Msg #143173

A problem for everyone...except Alan (SanDiegoCA).

Reply by Roger Kennedy on 9/2/06 8:50pm
Msg #143176

Re: No pay SOX, Alan must be related to someone there!!! n/m

Reply by LkArrowhd/CA on 9/2/06 9:06pm
Msg #143178

Re:Kyle that 's Newman in San Diego! n/m

Reply by Roger Kennedy on 9/2/06 8:50pm
Msg #143175

I generally don't read this board. I pretty much keep to myself, I am a member though and just thought I would look to see what is going on.

Reply by Brenda/CA on 9/2/06 9:00pm
Msg #143177

Roger,
Click on the orange search button, then type in either SOX or Sign On The X, you will find this is their normal, unethical business practice.

Reply by PL on 9/2/06 9:17pm
Msg #143179

I believe on the confirmations they sent you, you'll find

a contact with their "title company." Your mission on Tuesday is to start calling these people and smoothly at first shaking the tree. If smooth doesn't work, start calling them more often and with a bit more force in your voice. Then call the BBB in there area and start a complaint with them. I would think that you have 655 reasons to go after these folks with every bit of vigor you can muster. I would also suggest in the future when in a hole in April, stop digging in May and June. Good luck.

Reply by PL on 9/2/06 9:20pm
Msg #143180

Should be "their" not "there". Fat fingers n/m

Reply by Roger Kennedy on 9/3/06 10:18am
Msg #143215

I have already contacted BBB and a collection agency(NNA's)

Just think after all the dodgeing that Brandy has done, she finally calls me to remove the BBB remark. I told her that I will when I receive my money. Oh, and she said that I cannot do any business with them, what a joke, a company that don't pay their notaries to discontinue business with someone they owe money too.
Afterwards, I went to the NNA website to utilize the discount Collection Services (it only cost less than $20.) I bet Brandy will really take notice. I will keep everyone posted to see if the collection agency (NNA's website) really works.

Reply by John_NorCal on 9/2/06 9:55pm
Msg #143182

Re:My question is why would you let them...

get into for so much money? With eleven signings that averages out to around $60.00 per signing. That alone seems like it's way too low, then to let them get that deep into you, sheesh! That does not bode well for your longevity in this business Roger.

Reply by Lee/AR on 9/2/06 10:08pm
Msg #143184

Here ya' go. Start something!
BBB site in their area:
http://www.labbb.org/BBBWeb/Forms/Business/CompanySearchResults.aspx?sm=&ShowLastSearch=True

Reply by Brad_CA on 9/2/06 10:21pm
Msg #143190

http://www.labbb.org/BBBWeb/Forms/Business/CompanyReportPage_Expository.aspx?CompanyID=13134410

Reply by Roger Kennedy on 9/3/06 10:47am
Msg #143221

ALL READY DONE THAT notified the BBB also will try 1099-C

Brandy called me the day after I placed my complaint online with the BBB!!!! She had been dodging my calls all month and this is what sparked her to finally return my call. Maybe if a few more notaries did the same, then maybe she will get the message to pay.
My other move was to utilize the collection agency that is on NNA's website. It only cost less than $20. I don't know if they get a percentage of my recovery but at this point I will be happy to get something.
By the way, I never delt with SOX in Michigan, maybe they have no business there. I have been in Arkansas 9 months and finally got caught up with their bad business practices.
Oh, by the way, anyone who got stiffed by SOX, there is one recourse......file a 1099-C also known as Cancellation of Debt, and let the IRS deal with them. I am sure that with enough 1099-C's filed that they will owe a lot of taxes!!!

Reply by Stephen tz Schultz on 9/3/06 5:27pm
Msg #143266

Roger

I have worked for SOX for about 2 years. I only take a closing if it's last minute, otherwise their crummy $45 is a joke fee I won't work for..... I have always been paid..HOWEVER...it always took a lot of calls and bugging them. Right now they are out 90 days on my June closings....I refuse to accept any more from them (I can hear some of you saying, Gee what took you so long....and right you are! it's not worth the hassle)...I post this merely to say if you call and hound and bug them, you'll get paid eventually. I did. Good luck!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.