Notary Rotary
North Carolina Signing Agents
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by Deborah Mayfield on 9/23/06 8:14pm
Msg #148146

How is business in the Charlotte area for SA? It seems to be an Attorney state.

Reply by NCLisa on 9/23/06 9:21pm
Msg #148157

We are no longer an attorney state! But most purchases are done by attorney's. While TC's can do purchases using NSA's in NC, the NCBAR is coming down very hard on the TC's that get even one complaint. Some TC's are required to have attorney's do "witness" closings of purchases, others are being required to have access to an attorney by phone during the closing. It's getting a bit strange with purchases.

I've been very busy and am in the Triangle area. You don't market TC's here like you do in CA. To get business takes a lot more work.

Reply by Deborah Mayfield on 9/25/06 9:50am
Msg #148344

Hi Lisa I appreciate your honesty. If I may ask, any suggestions as to who to market? Yes, I see that this is a totally different ball game here. If you hear of any seminars, luncheons, etc would you pass the info on to me? I would like to get my feet wet and start meeting some people. Thank You very much.........

Reply by Beth/MD on 9/25/06 8:22pm
Msg #148445

What do you mean you don't market TCs? My aunt was an SA in Greensboro until this past Feb. and only marketed to TCs. She did very well and was in big demand.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.