Notary Rotary
OTOTOT Health Issues
Notary Discussion History

OTOTOT Health Issues
Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by SueW/Tn on 9/13/06 4:30pm
Msg #145819

OTOTOT Health Issues

Two days ago I received a letter from someone I dearly love telling me about the passing of his wife. She was nearing 80 but you would never have known it! A very outdoor-type person, loved gardening, working outside, and even hunted with her husband! She died from West Nile, that's something we all hear about but if you're like me never give it much thought. Arlene never would have put anything on her skin that she felt was harmful, was always afraid of the "poisons" in them. Originally she went into a coma but through love and modern medicine awoke 2 months later and with alot of rehab was able to return home. 11 months later the disease came back to life within her body and 3 days later she was gone. In 1981 a friends 8 year old contracted it and it left him quite mentally limited but alive, I had forgotten about this until I read my letter. What's ironic is that Arlene's husband had contracted Lyme disease from a tick bite in the late 90's and had one heck of a time. This is just an alert, for me it's a wake up call. Usually statistics are so far removed from me that I listen with half a brain. West Nile is a deadly disease, BE CAREFUL AND BE AWARE (please). Thank you, I'll shut up now.

Reply by LIZ/VA on 9/13/06 5:09pm
Msg #145832

Condolences to you and Arlene's family. You have paid a great tirbute to her by sharing your thoughts about the disease. I live in a rural area, and we are constantly on the look out for symptons of Lyme's but had not thought too much about West Nile. Hopefully none of us will ever need to worry about it, but if we do, you might be a real hero by sharing this thought with us. Have a blessed day.

Reply by cassiewi on 9/13/06 10:32pm
Msg #145903

I am sorry to hear about your loss. Thank you for posting this though. Bugs love my daughter and husband, I'll have to make sure we are much more careful.

Reply by BrendaTx on 9/13/06 11:13pm
Msg #145919

Re: OTOTOT Health Issues - Sue

Sue, I just launched a campaign about a creek that runs behind my condo which will pool stagnant water if not tended to. Within a week I had the news people on it. Check your email. I sent you a link.

Reply by hcampersFL on 9/14/06 8:15am
Msg #145967

Re: OTOTOT Health Issues - Sue

Sue so sorry to hear about your friend. What a way to spend your twilight years.

We have to be very careful around here. I have family of bats that live in one of the barn/sheds that we have and to be honest I don't have any mosquitoes. My neighbor that is just across the street has plenty of them. I love my bats in the belfry.
b.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.