Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
OT: Anyone in Florida feel the earthquake this morning?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by LeNelle Stephens on 9/10/06 12:30pm
Msg #144942

OMG - I am sitting at my computer and everything in my office starts shaking., computer, monitor, deck. I thought WTH? I went to my son's room and asked him if he felt anything - of course Mr. Video game boy is too engrossed in his game to feel anything. Come to find out, there was an eathquake in the Gulf of Mexico! Okay, I know that you Cali people have these, but this is not supposed to happen in our neck of the woods - we have hurricanes, dang it! Sorry for the off topic - but it was really freaky.

Reply by Stamper_WI on 9/10/06 12:45pm
Msg #144944

Had one here in the upper midwest back in the 80's. I was talking to my neighbor on the phone when she asked if a big truck had gone by. Her lamp was swinging. I was standing on the porch which was a cement slab and didn't feel it. This is that fault associated with the one in MO. I mayy not have noticed it as I was raised in the San Francisco area.

Reply by LkArrowhd/CA on 9/10/06 12:48pm
Msg #144946

Wow..... I lived FL for years and never experienced an earthquake while there, only once I moved to CA, where in FL are you?

Reply by LeNelle Stephens on 9/10/06 1:01pm
Msg #144950

I am in Deltona. It is in Volusia County (between Daytona Beach and Orlando). I have never heard of one being here before, but the news said it was about 260 miles from Tampa in the Gulf. The news station said that people were calling in from all over the state after it happened saying they felt it.

Reply by LkArrowhd/CA on 9/10/06 1:10pm
Msg #144953

Re: We are indeed very used to them here in CA and they are

second nature to most of us but it does catch you off guard when the rumbling begins........you ask yourself is this the big one.......I lived in the flat lands prior to moving to the mts. and I'll tell you, you really feel a earthquake big time in the mountains. I lived in the San Fernando Valley when the big Northridge Earthquake hit.........major damage.

Reply by Brenda/CA on 9/10/06 4:04pm
Msg #144979

Re: We are indeed very used to them here in CA and they are

I am a native Californian and I still don't consider myself used to earthquakes. I live in the Northern Cali delta area. I used to live in the greater Bay Area, was there during the 1989 Loma Prieta earthquake (and it scared the he!! out of me).

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 9/10/06 1:09pm
Msg #144952

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/regional/states/florida/history.php

Reply by BrendaTx on 9/10/06 1:13pm
Msg #144954

OT - thanks for the info Sylvia - last one in Tx 1974.

Wow. I had no idea. Gosh, I love this place. I learn something new here every day.

Reply by Diga2Lin/FL on 9/10/06 6:40pm
Msg #144998

Didn't even know we had one til the 6:00 news tonite..didn't feel anything south of Lake City

Reply by Gary_CA on 9/10/06 1:28pm
Msg #144959

I feel the earth move under my feet... n/m

Reply by hcampersFL on 9/10/06 1:35pm
Msg #144963

Re: I feel the earth move under my feet...Gee I didn't know

Carol King was a Notary???

Reply by LkArrowhd/CA on 9/10/06 2:20pm
Msg #144968

Re: She was Bev, I was a huge Carole King fan

she has a daughter that looks just like her and sings equally as well. I remember the album cover when her sitting in the window....

Reply by Gary_CA on 9/10/06 2:34pm
Msg #144969

Hehehe I had to go to the archives to find her...

and you Red Hatters have her album

NaNa

Reply by LkArrowhd/CA on 9/10/06 2:44pm
Msg #144970

Re: Hehehe I had to go to the archives to find her...Well

Gary, we are old hens remember......I no longer have her album, in fact I no longer have any albums.....I'm a collecter of many things and I desparately need to clean out often, lordy knows I don't want to leave a sh??load of things for my kidos to dump and since they don't have the same appreciation for my STUFF as I do......there are no Carole King albums hanging around.

Reply by hcampersFL on 9/10/06 3:16pm
Msg #144972

Hey Gary I'm to young to be a Red Hatter! n/m

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 9/10/06 3:36pm
Msg #144975

Re: Hehehe I had to go to the archives to find her...Gary

Nope. I don't have her albumSmile

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.