Notary Rotary
OT - Bad news regarding tax credits for Toyota Hybrid buyers
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by NCLisa on 9/23/06 7:10am
Msg #147988

Our government and the IRS never cease to amaze me. Come on, have we really put even a slight dent in the amount of oil we consume with the number of hybrids that have been sold? NO. And they tell us that they want us to buy hybrides, but they take a huge part of the appeal away.

http://biz.yahoo.com/brn/060809/19425.html?.v=1

Reply by PL on 9/23/06 9:23am
Msg #148009

One who wants to save the planet, shouldn't expect the taxpayer to shoulder their financial decision forever. Plus this only applies to Toyota, there are plenty of other hybrid cars that still get the subsidy. I do believe those that buy these cars are not getting the mileage that they believe and when one runs the financials on them that their cost per mile is no better then my regular car.

Reply by NCLisa on 9/23/06 10:33am
Msg #148058

I find it rather disturbing that the ones that lobby for the big American car companies got this to legislation to pass. Why punish Toyota and the Americans that would rather buy Toyota hybrids than the other brands? Toyota has built many plants in the US and hire many american workers. Most of the Toyota vehicles sold in the US are made in the US. If a tax break is being given to buy a hybrid cars, than as long as it meets the "hybrid" standard, it should not matter who the manufacturer of that hybrid is.

Reply by WDMD on 9/23/06 10:50am
Msg #148067

" I do believe those that buy these cars are not getting the mileage that they believe and when one runs the financials on them that their cost per mile is no better then my regular car."

My weekly gas bill has dropped a minimum of $75 a week, some weeks more. I guess I'm getting better gas mileage LOL.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.