Notary Rotary
OT- Deep Fried Gerbils
Notary Discussion History

OT- Deep Fried Gerbils
Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by Jersey_Boy on 9/28/06 3:12pm
Msg #149106

OT- Deep Fried Gerbils

Made ya look! What is it about Deep Fried Gerbils that could possibly interest you??

sorry... it's been one of those goofy EOM days...
I'm so tired that I could fall asleep standing up.

Somebody plaaaaleeeeese get me a good strong drink.
Nothin' fancy... and at least 80 proof. Thank you!

Reply by Charles_Ca on 9/28/06 3:13pm
Msg #149107

Why not? In Peru fried Guinea Pig is quite the delicacy! n/m

Reply by Charm_AL on 9/28/06 3:14pm
Msg #149109

I heard that! ok..I've got some Glenn Levitt...and some rocks! That is, if you can go for a single malt Smile

Reply by Jersey_Boy on 9/28/06 3:16pm
Msg #149110

I agree... rodents are delicious....

Charm,

I'll take that single malt as you can make it a double.....

Reply by DellaCa on 9/28/06 4:24pm
Msg #149117

Re: warning ! post is NOT for the weak,be still my stomach n/m

Reply by Charles_Ca on 9/28/06 4:28pm
Msg #149119

I realize for some single malt scotch is an acquired taste!

However Glenlivet is one of the better aged singles. To loearn more please check out this site, its one of my favorites

http://a.bacchus.free.fr/buy/liquors/glenlivet.htm

Reply by Charm_AL on 9/28/06 4:42pm
Msg #149121

Sold!... n/m

Reply by Lisa Prestegard on 9/28/06 4:51pm
Msg #149124

I'm a Glenfiddich girl myself! n/m

Reply by hcampersFL on 9/28/06 4:58pm
Msg #149126

The Captain and I are good friends! (Captain Morgan) n/m

Reply by Charles_Ca on 9/28/06 9:08pm
Msg #149161

So, ya got a little Captain in ya, huh...

Tell me do you do that little thing with your leg? Smile I love ads! I also like rum but I guess my taste runs a little more towards the Myers and Bacardi. Now Pina Coladas, Planter's Punch, Cuba Libres those I can get behind.

Reply by hcampersFL on 9/28/06 9:19pm
Msg #149162

Re: So, ya got a little Captain in ya, huh...

I love Mojitos. They are like a Cuban margarita. My favorite! I also like Bacardi Limon'. Yummy!

Reply by Merry_CA on 9/28/06 5:13pm
Msg #149127

Re: I realize for some single malt scotch is an acquired taste!

Thanks for the great link Charles! Was also going to tell Cheryl that the one and only time I experienced the wonderful world of Glenlivet was at a bowling alley in Chicago - Diversey River Bowl.... ah, what a night! Wink

Reply by Charles_Ca on 9/28/06 8:13pm
Msg #149148

I never acquired a taste for Scotch or whisky or whiskey

When I was just a wee lad of 16 my grandparents had a cottage on a lake in Maine and I used to spend a good part of my Summers there. My Grandmother used to keep a bottle of Canadian Blended whiskey (4 Roses, I can see the bottle now) in the fridge. One day when my grandparents were going to be gone for the day I thought I would go ahead and discover what alcohol was all about (I had only had sacramental wine up till then). I got a glass down from the shelf and poured myself a drink (about 4 ounces worth) and proceeded to drink it down. It tasted awful to me but I figured it might be worth it. Weeeeel, it wasn't long before I was lying prostrate on my back on the floor hanging on for dear life as the room careened out of control: I thought I was going to die. I finally crawled on my knees to the bathroom and paid some serious obeisance to the porcelain god. I really thought that was it, I was going to die and and go straight to hell and this was just the beginning. I survived, I was sick as a dog for about a day and now everytime I smell the cogeners from Scotch of any of the other whiskies I get a vivid memory flooding back of that day hanging on to the floor. I just can't drink the stuff. I enjoy vodka, tequila, gin and others but I can never get the whiskey past my nose. I actually drink very little of the hard stuff. My bottle of Stolichnaya has been in my freezer for 4 years and I'm not even half way through it. I do enjoy wine and beer however.

Reply by Signing_Doc on 9/28/06 7:24pm
Msg #149146

Chipmonks roasting on an open fire...Jack Frost nosing up my n/m

Reply by John_NorCal on 9/28/06 10:29pm
Msg #149164

Re: I agree... rodents are delicious....

Watch what you eat! They have recently discovered a large rodent in SE Asia (Cambodia) that is being sold at the local markets. I warned an acquaintance of mine prior to his trip home, and lo and behold he said it was true and brought back a picture to prove it.

Reply by Joy223/MI on 9/29/06 6:21am
Msg #149190

Re: I agree... rodents are delicious....

What does it look like and how big? Will McDonalds be selling it as the "McBigBurger"?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.