Notary Rotary
OT- Its a good one for all.
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by Jahari Davis on 9/8/06 3:23pm
Msg #144564

With the fifth anniversary of September 11th coming up I am calling for everyone on this board to post absolutely nothing between 8:46am and 9:16am EST. 30 minutes of silence on this board to reflect and honor the people that died on that day. Whatever your political leanings, whatever you believe happened on 9/11, that is all I will ask of everyone on this board. 30 minutes of silence.

Reply by hcampersFL on 9/8/06 3:35pm
Msg #144566

Jahari I think that is a good idea. I will be glad to join

in honoring the memories of those lost.

I would suggest that you post this again Monday morning or Sunday night. I will be lost in the threads.

Good one Jahari!
Beverly

Reply by Charm_AL on 9/8/06 3:37pm
Msg #144567

I would be happy to comply if you, as the owner of this website, requested this Jahari. I and my family honor 9/11 every year in our own personal way.

Reply by Becca_FL on 9/8/06 3:44pm
Msg #144568

Jahari, this is by far the best OT post I've seen from you.

Always remember, never forget. Peace!

Reply by Brenda/CA on 9/8/06 3:57pm
Msg #144572

I for one will never forget 9/11. Great idea, and very good post Jahari.

Reply by Dennis D Broadbooks on 9/8/06 3:46pm
Msg #144569

May I Make the Suggestion...

...if this commemorative action is deemed to be acceptable to the majority that you post another message on the board at 8:45AM reminding everyone to stay off from 8:46AM until 9:16AM (Eastern Time Zone). Excellent idea, Jahari.

Reply by cyndi_ca on 9/8/06 4:23pm
Msg #144575

Good Call

Even though I will never forget I will be happy to keep quiet Monday morn. Jahari, this was a good suggestion.

Reply by Jahari Davis on 9/8/06 4:38pm
Msg #144578

Re: Good Call

I dont think any of us will ever forget the images we saw that day nor the sense of helplessness, anger, and sadness we all felt.

Reply by Charles_Ca on 9/8/06 4:51pm
Msg #144581

Where is that anger today? n/m

Reply by Charles_Ca on 9/8/06 4:50pm
Msg #144580

Frankly I think its a hollow gesture coming from someone

who espouses the philosophy that he does. Mr. Davis wants us to honor the people who died on that day but he wants to do it by having a half hour of silence. They don't need to be honored, they need to be avenged! I believe that to honor the people who died that day we need to destroy the force that caused their death, that would indeed be honoring those who died. I don't know what's happening to the overall national psyche but it makes me ill. People who liken the war on terror to the Viet Nam war overlook some significant differences: The Viet Cong never came on our soil and never killed anyone in our homeland. It ws a civil war and we had no business being there. Our leaders didn't even have the guts to call it a war, they called it a police action. I believe that the we should be shouting in the streets "Remember the twin towers" just like we shouted remember the Alamo, remember the Maine, or remember Pearl Harbor. Every American was attacked on September 11th not just the ones who died. I am ashamed and deeply greived to see that there are those who have no desire to see that those deaths are avenged.

Reply by hcampersFL on 9/8/06 5:04pm
Msg #144583

Re: Frankly I think its a hollow -Charles I don't agree

with Jahari's politics at all. I have made myself clear on this many times.

I do feel that Jahari is censer in his post.

He may post about politics way to much for me but in this instance I will stand by him.

Beverly

Reply by Becca_FL on 9/8/06 5:05pm
Msg #144584

OT and FYI Chuck...Breaking News

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601103&sid=aZEASPflbb2M&refer=us

I hate political BS on this site, but have no problem posting a link to a breaking news story. I do not want to take away from the intent of the original post. FWIW

Reply by Charles_Ca on 9/8/06 5:30pm
Msg #144591

Beverly and Rebecca, I have no arguments with you or

with Jahari, a lot of people state their opinions on this site and that is mine. Everyone is free to disagree and in everyone's eyes I may be dead wrong but that is what I believe. I respect the both of you, I know that Beverly's is a military family and I am thankful that that family understands that our freedoms must be protected. If I could (I served during the Viet Nam "Confilcit' and was honorably discharged) I would be there even though I'll be 60 this year. It is just my opinion!

Reply by Jahari Davis on 9/8/06 5:30pm
Msg #144590

There's vengeance and then there's justice Charles...

There's a difference between what you want and what I want out of this thing Charles. You can question all you want the purpose and whether or not its a hollow gesture but the main difference between what I want and what you want is justice vs. vengeance. I want justice. I want the people that did it to pay for it. I want it airtight so they can be punished the right way according to our laws. I want them to face the maximum punishment as allowed by law.

Vengeance solves nothing and accomplishes nothing but to create death. Justice brings the accused into the light of day for all to see and actually face their crimes and those they visited those crimes upon and be judged and punished for them. Vengeance is an act of rage born out of raw unchecked emotion and gets really ugly really fast. I dont want these guys taken down with a "by any means necessary and damn the consequences whatever they may be" mentality.

I could go down that road you are baiting me to follow you down but I'm not gonna do that on this thread on this topic. Not going there. Nice try but it aint gonna happen.

Reply by Regal/NC on 9/8/06 5:32pm
Msg #144593

Stay the course! n/m

Reply by Charles_Ca on 9/8/06 5:35pm
Msg #144594

I don't argue my beliefs because that is what they are...

and I have a right to my beliefs. I know that you state what you believe and so be it. this country was forged out of differing beliefs. My reference to you was in the context that you have stated that you would not serve in your country's defense. It was just a statement of fact and of my belief. If we can not discuss our beliefs and principals like civilized people then our founding fathers fought for nought.

Reply by celeste/ca on 9/8/06 6:33pm
Msg #144607

Re: I don't argue my beliefs because that is what they are...

I totally agree with Charles. What Jahari doesn't realize is, these people we are dealing with now, hate Americans and will use any means necessary to destroy us. Just because we want to be a civil nation, does not mean everyone else follows suit. They only understand one thing, and that is kill. For goodness sakes, they are willing to let their children die with suicide bombs, how do you reason with someone like that? Unfortunately, you have to go on their soil, and wipe out the population or else it will end up here on our turf!

Reply by TitleGalCA on 9/8/06 7:33pm
Msg #144620

Celeste

***They only understand one thing, and that is kill. For goodness sakes, they are willing to let their children die with suicide bombs, how do you reason with someone like that?***

You are so right. You don't as it is impossible.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 9/8/06 8:14pm
Msg #144626

Re: Celeste

I think this is one point we might all agree upon!

Seems to me, though, that the differences in opinion lie in how we define who the "they" is. Clearly, we are referring to terrorists here, but how do we identify who is a terrorist? I get kind of squeamish when a whole populace is painted with the same brush. As I see it, our enemy is Al Qaida, not necessarily the entire Muslim population. Blindly hating a whole people and seeking their distruction is something that the fanatics in Al Qaida do, without regard to anything else. It's what Hitler and his henchmen did. [Oops - maybe I shouldn't go there! ;>Wink] They want to kill us just because we are Americans... or non-muslims of any stripe. I certainly hope we don't become like them. I shudder to think where that kind of thinking would lead us!

Maybe if we as a nation had done a better job of clearly identifying our enemy and focusing on them, we might have had more success in our fight against terrorism by now - and maybe even gotten Osama bin Laden. Especially in light of today's news...

[Oy! Have I really stepped in it this time??! ;>Wink] Have a grateful weekend, everyone!

Reply by John_NorCal on 9/8/06 8:09pm
Msg #144624

Charles ... In Jahari's defense.....

you wrote, ".........you have stated that you would not serve in your country's defense. It was just a statement of fact and of my belief."

I seem to remember in a past post of Jahari's that he did state that he would fight for any one of us if the need arose. I don't recall the exact words that he used or the full context of his post. Perhaps he will reiterate it for us. Jahari? This is in no way an attempt to bait, intimidate or bully anyone, just a request to determine the correctness of a statement.

Reply by Charles_Ca on 9/8/06 8:48pm
Msg #144637

Actually John, I owuld like to have that established, in my

recollection it was stated that he would not serve and that he would encourage any child of his not to serve. I'll have to checc on that but I do believe that was what was said. I really would like to have it clearly established.

Reply by TitleGalCA on 9/8/06 7:14pm
Msg #144613

Charles is quite right AND it was a nice gesture from Jahari

To truly honor the lives that were lost, BOTH things need to happen...those moments of silence that show respect coupled with serious ongoing military action, without letup, on the terrorists.

I remember well the anger of America after those deaths and the DEMAND for finding who's responsible. Five years later? It's all but forgotten with talk of "negotiation" with these animals.

I'll never forget one image from Sept. 11th. The sight of one woman, falling to her death at around the 50th floor. She looked about forty-ish, blond hair, tan pants, black top and she could have been me.

I think of her frequently - whenever 9-11 is mentioned. I want two things for her: the avenging of her death and some quiet moments of silence and respect for the image that has so affected me.

Reply by Brenda/CA on 9/8/06 9:01pm
Msg #144639

Re: Charles is quite right AND it was a nice gesture from Ja

I fully support our troops, and I want vengence against those responsible for the lives lost on 9/11. However, I also think a period of silence in memorandum of those who perished is a touching tribute. I will never forget the images of that day, they are embedded in my mind then, now, and forever.

Reply by Diga2Lin/FL on 9/8/06 5:38pm
Msg #144595

Re: OT- Its a good one for all...count me in.. n/m

Reply by bestcal on 9/8/06 7:54pm
Msg #144622

Re: OT- Jahari thanks.I'm in.

i

Reply by Joy223 on 9/8/06 9:22pm
Msg #144641

Count me in.

Reply by cassiewi on 9/9/06 12:25am
Msg #144663

count me in as well, thanks n/m

Reply by Charm_AL on 9/9/06 10:15am
Msg #144699

keeping in step with my post yesterday. I still think any form of solidarity in the face of terrorism is a great suggestion. However, I do not own this website and would not ask others to do something that affects someone elses business.

Why don't we consider this?...

Please join us in this FLY THE FLAG campaign and PLEASE forward this email
immediately to everyone in your address book asking them to also forward it.

THE PROGRAM IS THIS:

On Monday, September 11th, 2006, an American flag should be displayed
outside every home, apartment, office, and store in the United States.

Every individual should make it their duty to display an American flag on
this fifth anniversary of our country's worst tragedy. We do this in honor
of those who lost their lives on 9/11, their families, friends and loved
ones who continue to endure the pain, and those who today are fighting at
home and abroad to preserve our cherished freedoms.

In the days, weeks and months following 9/11, our country was bathed in
American flags as citizens mourned the incredible losses and stood
shoulder-to-shoulder against terrorism. Sadly, those flags have all but
disappeared. Our patriotism pulled us through some tough times and it
shouldn't take another attack to galvanize us in solidarity. Our American
flag is the fabric of our country and together we can prevail over
terrorism of all kinds.

Action Plan: So, here's what we need you to do....

(1) Forward this email to everyone you know (at least 11 people). Take a
moment to think back to how you felt on 9/11 and let those sentiments guide
you.

(2) Fly an American flag of any size on 9/11. Honestly, Americans should
fly the flag year-round, but if you don't, then at least make it a priority on this day.

Thank you for your participation. God Bless You and God Bless America !

Reply by Pamela on 9/9/06 11:53am
Msg #144725

Excellent Idea! Will do! n/m

Reply by LeNelle Stephens on 9/9/06 1:01pm
Msg #144735

Count me in too! I think it was a nice gesture. n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.