OT: Okay so I'm in North Carolina.....
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by Korey Humphreys on 9/16/06 3:31pm
Msg #146540

Snowcamp to be exact....... Here's my observations:

-- In Massachusetts you can find a Dukin Donuts on every corner..... here in NC you can find a church.

-- Where I'm at they don't believe in DSL or faster internet connections.... this alone really disturbs me royally! LOL

-- Scratch tickets are new here.

-- The air and ground is cleaner

-- People are nicer :-)

-- Nobody in NC obeys the 45 mph speed limit. I swear I was going 50 mph in a 45 mph zone and people still manage to pass me up!

-- Each gas station has a different name like Kangeroo (sp?), etc.

-- I learned what a Gas House is

-- The signs are small and hard to follow. In Massachusetts we have these nice big green signs with white lettering. I barely saw that here.

-- The land is beautiful here!! I would love to move here.

-- No one in NC knows what a Frappe or packy is. It drives me crazy!! LOL

-- Cigs and gas are much cheaper, however there taxes are 7% (instead of MA being only 5%) and some food items are a dollar more then they would be in MA.

=====================
All in all I really enjoy being in NC. I wish I could stay... but I go home on Friday. So far, NicoleNC nobody asked me to go to church with them! I am in the wooded area... pretty much. LOL It's all good though. Smile

Reply by Dorothy_MI on 9/16/06 3:43pm
Msg #146541

Yeah, and they don't know what a lime ricky is either, do they? Or a grinder? Hope you didn't go into a restaurant and ask for a tonic.

Reply by BP/WV on 9/16/06 4:31pm
Msg #146544

LOL I know what a grinder is.....

only because my aunt lives in Springfield, MA!

Reply by NCLisa on 9/16/06 8:57pm
Msg #146561

I don't know what a lime ricky is, but we didn't have those in San Francisco either. There are 2 churches on every corner, and every other road is called "*&%#) Church Road". It's not to bad down here, but things like groceries and the service industry are more expensive than it was in CA. (Costs a lot more for a bad haircut in NC than a good one in San Francisco). The worst thing about NC is you can't find good Thai food anywhere, and 99.9% of the restaurants are chains.

Reply by LkArrowhd/CA on 9/16/06 9:16pm
Msg #146565

Re:Hey Lisa got a good Thai Eatery in Murrieta, CA n/m

Reply by NCLisa on 9/17/06 6:28am
Msg #146584

Re: Re:Hey Lisa got a good Thai Eatery in Murrieta, CA

I miss the one in downtown Walnut Creek! Mai Tai.

Reply by NCLisa on 9/17/06 6:28am
Msg #146585

Re: Re:Hey Lisa got a good Thai Eatery in Murrieta, CA

I miss the one in downtown Walnut Creek! Mai Tai.

Reply by BP/WV on 9/16/06 4:30pm
Msg #146543

Korey, I bet that 45 MPH road is a curvy one too!

Reply by Brad_CA on 9/16/06 6:21pm
Msg #146548

They don't obey the speed limit in Massachusetts either. Especially when your on a rotary.
If you do not move fast enough, they will honk their horn, try to run you over and give you the one finger salute all at the same time.

Reply by LkArrowhd/CA on 9/16/06 6:40pm
Msg #146552

And Brad we are pretty bad here in CA also....I have often

been given the single figure salute, in fact not long again....

Reply by Brad_CA on 9/16/06 7:06pm
Msg #146553

Re: And Brad we are pretty bad here in CA also....I have often

Susan, I will agree.

Reply by Jeanne/ca on 9/16/06 10:11pm
Msg #146569

Out here in Ridgecrest (May berry) we have the opposite problem! The speed limit is never higher then 35 so everyone goes 25 while yelling "SLOWDOWN!!" if you go any faster. We also have a street called Church because We have 49 churches and 19 bars in a town of just 22,000. Yet if you want to eat good food you need to travel 90 miles otherwise its McDonalds and Dennys.

Reply by Brad_CA on 9/16/06 11:54pm
Msg #146575

How about Nickolettis and Casa Corona?

Reply by SarahBeth_CA on 9/17/06 11:00am
Msg #146593

So what is a lime rickey anyway?

Never heard of a lime rickey.

I live in a small town of 4000. This "city" next to us has 15 to 20k. In the middle of bible country, lots of churches, a dry county. Only mostly dry. There are no beer or liquor sales. The nearest liquor store is a 20 minute drive. They do serve a limited list of drinks at the restraunts but you have to be a member. Only takes a couple of minutes to become a member. I still haven't become a member yet. Although I have had the hubby make the drive to get beer and whiskey.

We used to live just down the street from a liquor store in CA. What a nightmare. People walking next to the house loaded up on an assortment of legal and illegal substances. Kids walking by to go get candy and tease the dog on the way. Oh and the drunks and loadies that walked by were to high to realize the dog was even barking at them.

Let me tell you it is a beautifull thing to move to the country. I'd rather have nice neighbors, slow drivers, and the school superintendant living across the street than what we had in CA.

Reply by Gary_CA on 9/17/06 11:57am
Msg #146597

Re: So what is a lime rickey anyway?

Lime rickey
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A lime rickey is any of several drinks, some alcoholic and some not, that feature lime juice. Seltzer water is a common ingredient. As a cocktail, a lime rickey often contains rum, bitters, or gin, and possibly simple syrup or other flavorings. Soda-fountain versions may include grape, cherry or raspberry syrup. A popular Cuban version is the mojito, made with key lime juice, rum, simple syrup, soda water and muddled mint leaves.

In other words, I have no idea.

Reply by Dorothy_MI on 9/17/06 12:19pm
Msg #146601

Re: So what is a lime rickey anyway?

It is the most refreshing summer drink ever invented. Can get it at a lot of ice cream parlors in the Boston area. Seltzer, lime syrup and slices of lime served over ice. Sometimes they make a cherry or Raspasberry lime rickey by adding a little of those syrups. And by the way, the tonic I mentioned is not the tonic found in a gin and tonic, but the Boston term for soda pop.

Reply by LkArrowhd/CA on 9/17/06 12:18pm
Msg #146600

Re: I have felt since moving here to Lake Arrowhead that

I live in the country as well and I love it even though I no longer had little ones to raise. The nearest store to me is 2 miles, a Jensens (family owned type market) and they can be a little pricey but I find I do my major shopping as much major shopping is involved with two people and all the animals. There are situations up here, last week apparently they busted some pot growers in Running Springs(8 miles from me), in the millions I guess. But overall the full time population in less the 7500....... it does make for a quiet community and after working all week in the cities below which I know I could no longer live in, I seldom live my home on the weekends. It is quiet peaceful and tranquil.......We did live in Moreno Valley for 16 years, rasied our kidos there, the city was filled with hellicopters above at night, police and everything I hate to be around. When we bought that house it was a darling little community of couples and their little ones, it is currently still growing at a fast rate(don't get it) and folks are buying. But then again not everyone would want to deal with snow issues we have on the mountain, slick roads, horrible fog when a storm is coming in and the over all general commute down the mountains roads. There is little to no work here unless you work for the school district, the hospital and sell Real Estate. We have few fast food dives here but plenty of fine dining........It's quiet and one seldom hears police, fire trucks or any emergency vehicles.
The best part the air is fresh and clean......I actually grew up in the country so country was never far away for me. I'm not a shopper, in fact hate to shop of any kind........I like to know what I need, know where to get and go get it. So if one loves shopping you won't find it here, if you need a mall your poop out of luck......now if you like to browse antiques...your in luck....

Reply by Jeanne/ca on 9/17/06 2:40pm
Msg #146611

mmm I LOVE casa corona, so where are you from Brad?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.