Notary Rotary
OT - PINK FLOYD/Roger Waters Concert
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by Jersey_Boy on 9/18/06 9:13am
Msg #146706

For any of you who may be Pink Floyd and/or Roger Waters fans, he is currently touring the US. I had the pleasure of seeing him in concert on Saturday night. He played a few tracks from the Wall and some of his independant works. Took a brief intermission and then came back to play the ENTIRE dark side of the moon album from start to finish.

IT WAS AN EXCELLECT SHOW. Take note that I am not of the "extra cirricular smoking" crowd, but I was pleasantly afflicted with a contact buzz compliments of all those around me...

If you have a chance to go see the concert live, I URGE YOU to get your tickets!

Reply by ColleenCA on 9/18/06 9:30am
Msg #146710

I would LOVE to go!!! In my opinion Dark Side of the Moon was the BEST album ever made!!!!! I know what you mean about the contact buzz. When we went to see Rush our then 14 year old couldn't believe all of the "old people" surrounding us who were lighting up.

Reply by Joan_OH on 9/18/06 10:29am
Msg #146718

Love Pink Floyd! Went to a Crosby Stills Nash & Young concert about 5 years ago. Being at the tail end of the baby boom, it was interesting for me to watch all the people in leather, bandanas, flower child wear, biker chick type of clothing. It was like it was still 1970. There was a great warm up band and absolutely no one smoking pot which kind of surprised me, but then again, I hadn't been to a concert in at least 15 years. But the second....and I mean the VERY SECOND Nash walked out onto the stage, it was like EVERYONE in the crowd lit up. Aside from trying it once, my freshman year of high school, I've never taken it up. I just found it funny how everyone in the crowd reverted to their youth at that very moment.

Hubby is a Federal Employee subject to random drug testing and he has been randomly picked in the past. Wonder if a second hand buzz shows up? Glad we didn't have to find out!

Joan-OH

Reply by Charm_AL on 9/18/06 10:36am
Msg #146720

I can't decide if I like P.F. or Santana more.

Reply by hcampersFL on 9/18/06 11:15am
Msg #146728

Re: OT - PINK FLOYD/Roger Waters Concert-Joan

I think that all the Dead-head (Grateful Dead) started following Crosby Stills Nash & Young after Jerry died.
I have a friend that was a diehard Deadhead. She started going to CSN&Y concerts. She did enjoy all the "contact".
b.

Reply by Jon_PA on 9/18/06 10:53am
Msg #146721

I was there on Saturday. It was a great show. Roger was in such good humor.
I loved when they let the pig float away.

Reply by Beth/MD on 9/18/06 11:34am
Msg #146738

My parents are Pink Floyd fans, I grew up listening to Dark Side of the Moon and The Wall. Where does the show go next?

Reply by MelissaCT on 9/18/06 12:16pm
Msg #146751

Public TV had Australia Pink Floyd

on the other night. My hubby is a HUGE fan & watched with interest. Said this band had many of the original members, directors/producers etc. involved. He said it was PF, but was missing Waters. Even had the inflatable pig & laser light show...

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.