Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
OT Post what special dish you are making today...
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by BrendaTx on 9/4/06 12:49pm
Msg #143346

My company is coming Tue - Thurs.

I will go to get groceries tonight. I have a fall back plan, but if you have specialties, please give it up!

Reply by Korey Humphreys on 9/4/06 1:03pm
Msg #143349

Macaroni & Cheese........ :-) n/m

Reply by Signing_Doc on 9/4/06 1:03pm
Msg #143350

anything you want in particular...aside from a "Doc", I'm also a chef...(recipezaar.com...aka ChefBoyofDee's)...I have thousands of recipes...you want ideas?....let me know a general area...I can email you if you want Brenda-le..."Doc"

Reply by SarahBeth_CA on 9/4/06 1:36pm
Msg #143351

Thursaday

is hubbys birthday. I'm making enchiladas.

Reply by SarahBeth_CA on 9/4/06 5:17pm
Msg #143397

I mean Thursday. duh n/m

Reply by LawrenceOK on 9/4/06 1:40pm
Msg #143353

Grilled Orange-Rosemary Swordfish with fresh tomatos..yum

Reply by bestcal on 9/4/06 8:21pm
Msg #143435

Re: OT Rosemary swordfish-Sounds hmmmmmmmmm!!!!!! n/m

Reply by Bob_Chicago on 9/4/06 1:41pm
Msg #143354

Lou Malnatti's Chicago pizzza (eat your heart out, Charm)..

at my daughter's house with all of our kids, grandchildren, my mother and granddogs.
Makes for a perfect holiday gathering.
We are truly blessed to have my 90 year old mother still here and
still sharp as a tack. Her memory is slipping a bit, but then , so is mine.
We call it CRS. (Can't remember "stuff"Wink
Hope that all of my NOTROT family has a happy and safe holiday.
Back to work tomorrow.

Reply by cassiewi on 9/4/06 2:02pm
Msg #143356

No barbeque, it's raining

So I am making stew. What a bummer.

Reply by Tina_MA on 9/4/06 6:01pm
Msg #143410

Re: No barbecue, it's raining

My uncle uses his grill 365 days a year. When it's raining or snowing, look out the window and you'll see an umbrella bobbing out by the grill.

Well before they came out with fancy grill lights, he hooked up a construction light on his grill (one of those light bulbs in a wire cage that has a hook on the top).

If there's a way to cook something on the grill, he'll find it. Nothing stops him from grilling.

Reply by cassiewi on 9/4/06 6:12pm
Msg #143412

Wow, that's a serious griller. :) n/m

Reply by BrendaTx on 9/4/06 9:21pm
Msg #143452

Re: Wow, that's a serious griller. REALLY! Dang, Tina

is he a beer-bellied Texan?

Reply by Tina_MA on 9/4/06 9:57pm
Msg #143459

Re: Wow, that's a serious griller. REALLY! Dang, Tina

>>>Dang, Tina is he a beer-bellied Texan?<<<

Nope, he was born in Italy. He got his first propane grill when I was a kid, and he hasn't stopped grilling since.

Reply by Loretta Reed on 9/4/06 2:27pm
Msg #143358

Who's cooking, I worked so much last week, let someone else do it Smile

Reply by Signing_Doc on 9/4/06 2:34pm
Msg #143360

"Don't Cook Tonight...Call Chicken Delite" Old Commercial n/m

Reply by John_NorCal on 9/4/06 10:29pm
Msg #143468

Re: "Don't Cook Tonight...Call Chicken Delite" Old Commercial

Wow! Does that bring back memories! You must be an "old" guy too Doc!

Reply by Signing_Doc on 9/5/06 12:15am
Msg #143483

Hitting the big double nickle in December....can't w8 4 my

discounts!!!!!

Reply by Brenda/CA on 9/4/06 11:33pm
Msg #143480

Re: "Don't Cook Tonight...Call Chicken Delite" Old Commercial

I remember that jingle from the commercials. I think they went out of business in the late 1960's.

Reply by BrendaTx on 9/4/06 3:14pm
Msg #143361

Alllllllrighty then, I guess it's mac / cheese and stew. Let me see if I can find the number for Chicken Delight. LOL

No...I really do enjoy doing a little cooking when I have company. I went from having a tribe to feed to just me ... well...and two really fine dogs. I am thinking a little grilling and something cool on the side.

Today I am cleaning. Yesterday, I slept all day.

Tonight/tomorrow...I cook.

Doc, I tried to look you up on that site and had trouble doing it. That is, if you are ChefBoyofDee....

Reply by cassiewi on 9/4/06 3:23pm
Msg #143362

OT If anyone knows a good biscuit recipe, I would really

appreciate one. I've made countless efforts and either I'm a total loser when it comes to biscuits, or the recipes I'm using are not very good. I'd like to find out which one it is, LOL. They were from 2 different sites. Sorry for veering off here, but the thought just occurred to me.

Reply by Ndwa on 9/4/06 4:02pm
Msg #143366

Re: OT If anyone knows a good biscuit recipe, I would really

Salt, peper, oniion crispy fried dungenes(sp) crabs.

Reply by cassiewi on 9/4/06 4:06pm
Msg #143367

That's your special dish for today right?

Just checking....

Reply by Gary_CA on 9/4/06 4:24pm
Msg #143368

Lets hope it's not his biscuit recipe... here's the secret

to making good biscuits...

Preheat the oven and make sure you separate them enough on the pan

after you take them out of the CAN!

I'm sorry, but I like the soft canned ones that peel apart in layers better than any "real" biscuits I've ever had. (Good thing ma don't read notrot)

Reply by BrendaTx on 9/4/06 4:26pm
Msg #143369

Re: Lets hope it's not his biscuit recipe... here's the secret

There are no better biscuits than the ones you can buy frozen, or reheatable, at Sam's.

Reply by cassiewi on 9/4/06 4:36pm
Msg #143374

LOL Gary

My favorite is what you get at KFC, but I cannot reproduce this in my own kitchen. The canned ones are good and are what I use to make before I moved to WI, still do sometimes, I've sort of given up my search for homemade ones. I thought maybe with all the southern ladies on the board, I may be able to have one take pity on me. LOL though, that was funny!

Reply by LkArrowhd/CA on 9/4/06 4:35pm
Msg #143373

Re: Cassi-I have the biscuit recipe for the Red Lobster

it's a easy and quick, let me know if you want that I'll scan and send....

Reply by cassiewi on 9/4/06 4:37pm
Msg #143376

Yes, please! n/m

Reply by Traveling2U on 9/4/06 4:52pm
Msg #143379

I have a fast one way...

I make perfect biscuits everytime :-) Betty Crocker Bisquick complete mix

they have several flavors fro breakfast I love the Honey with dinner three-cheese or herbs. I love red lobster's. this mix taste just like theirs

you spoon drop I like using my muffin pan I add maybe two extra teaspoons of water and I add 1 extra tablesppon of butter. they come out perfect everytime. 6 to 12 biscuits ready in 15 minutes :-)

the flour is so light and the honey is so good ;-) sometimes my biscuits turned out good since I use Betty's I never have leftovers ;-)

Off sale somethimes I pay little over a dollar last week I caught 10 of 10 sale

Reply by LkArrowhd/CA on 9/4/06 4:58pm
Msg #143383

Re: Traveling2u the Red Lobster is the bisquick mix...... n/m

Reply by Traveling2U on 9/4/06 5:15pm
Msg #143392

Re: Traveling2u the Red Lobster is the bisquick mix......

Not sure if they do or not, but it sure taste like theirs. just add water :-) I love Red Lobster's biscuits when I cooked Bettey Crocker's it is sooooo close.

Reply by LkArrowhd/CA on 9/4/06 5:22pm
Msg #143403

Re: Traveling2u- well you add a litttle more then water..... n/m

Reply by Traveling2U on 9/4/06 5:42pm
Msg #143407

Re: Traveling2u- well you add a litttle more then water.....

I didn't have to add the tablespoon of butter. all is required is 1/2 cup of water its already complete. do you ever add to test sometimes

Reply by Traveling2U on 9/4/06 5:59pm
Msg #143409

Re: Traveling2u- well you add a litttle more then water.....

http://www.bettycrocker.com/products/prod_bisquickcomplete.asp

Reply by LkArrowhd/CA on 9/4/06 4:54pm
Msg #143382

Re: Cassie just scanned it coming your way..... n/m

Reply by cassiewi on 9/4/06 5:18pm
Msg #143399

Got It! Thanks a bunch. :) n/m

Reply by Gary_CA on 9/4/06 4:33pm
Msg #143372

Two suggestions, super fast and super slow

If you're gonna have house guests...

1) Have some microwavable superfast meals... so if folks are comin' and goin' a fella can grab something on their own without it being a major production. Nope, not yucky TV Dinners... good stuff, like Marie Calendar pot pies,burritos, bagle dogs and hot pockets (good for breakfast), stuff like that. (My fellow Californians will understand if I say "frozen stuff from Trader Joe's" but that wouldn't help you, not everything is better in TX).

2) To impress and eat together, but still not be hassling with cooking while you should be enjoying your friends... super slow... something from the crock pot. Everyone has their favorite... ribs, split pea soup, stew... whatever turns you on. The idea is something you can toss in there in the morning, enjoy your day and have dinner anytime between 5-9pm without worrying about it. I like BBQ pork sandwiches... a boneless pork roast goes in in the morning with about 1/4 bottle of good BBQ sauce. At dinner you dump off the water and grease then tear up the meat with a fork and mix in the rest of the sauce... finger lickin' good.

Reply by LkArrowhd/CA on 9/4/06 4:49pm
Msg #143378

Re: I always like easy dinners that don't take time away

from my guests, rib eye steaks on the barbie served with cold pot/mac salads, store bought if you like, a nice cold pasta salad is easy to throw together, a tri tip in the oven is very tasty and makes great sandwiches thinly sliced, get the little sour dolls rolls by San Francisco, throw some meat on them, your good to go. Kielbasa on the barbie also make a tasty quick sandwich......if it's heat there now I like hot sandwiches in cold salads. Also tortillas on hand always handy for breakfast and meaty thorws with leftover meats.....cook uo some onions and peppers, add some cheese a little sour cream and I'm in heaven.....lordy I love to eat...

Reply by Gary_CA on 9/4/06 5:01pm
Msg #143384

Rib eye's???? With guests over????

Wow, y'all down there in SoCal MUST be charging too much for escrow services... no wonder Garamendi's on the war path....

That tri-tip you've been putting in the oven goes good on the grill too, but you have to babysit it a little (not too bad) Take it off the grill when the meat thermometer says rare cover it with foil while you're putting everthing else together. By the time you slice it it'll be perfect.

Oh, and at least in California... that tri-tip sandwich has to go with a glass of Two Buck Chuck

Reply by LkArrowhd/CA on 9/4/06 5:13pm
Msg #143391

Re: yes Gary tri-tip on the grill is fab, cook on low and

carry on not intensive baby sitting

Reply by BrendaTx on 9/4/06 5:16pm
Msg #143394

Re: yes Gary tri-tip on the grill is fab, cook on low and

Here I am, the ex-wife of a cattleman, and I swear, this is the first time I have ever heard of a tri-tip! Triangle roast? Never heard of it. Did a google and found what you were talking about. Sunday dinners are usually rump roasts.

Reply by LkArrowhd/CA on 9/4/06 5:24pm
Msg #143404

Re:here to say tri-tip is soooooo yummy n/m

Reply by BrendaTx on 9/4/06 5:10pm
Msg #143389

Re: Two suggestions, super fast and super slow

Okay...what I usually do is start a pot roast in the crockpot before any kind of a thing at my house. Make rice, (Txns are big on rice) toss a salad, etc. Bake brownies. Then, I do some grilling...usually chicken breast. I might just try Doc's garlicky cole slaw recipe(s).

Reply by Tina_MA on 9/4/06 7:21pm
Msg #143415

Re: Two suggestions, super fast and super slow

>>>My fellow Californians will understand if I say "frozen stuff from Trader Joe's" but that wouldn't help you.<<<

We have Trader Joe's here and love it! I was just there earlier today shopping. I love the selection of foods and the organic stuff they have. They sell really great, organic, buffalo, steak burgers. Yummy!

My sister lives in Maine and is so jealous, because there isn't one there yet. We always bring her care boxes from Trader Joe's when we visit -- kinda like a hostess gift on steroids. Should Trader Joe's ever make their way up to her neck of the woods (literally), they'll have a very loyal customer already.

Reply by Gary_CA on 9/5/06 7:08am
Msg #143502

Funny you should mention the buffalo

Just made our weekly TJ's trip with my dad last night and threw in a pack of those buffalo burgers for the very first time... hope they live up to their reputation.

Reply by Charm_AL on 9/4/06 8:08pm
Msg #143428

I LOVE TRADER JOE'S.... n/m

Reply by Signing_Doc on 9/4/06 4:40pm
Msg #143377

"Chef Boy of Dee's" listed as member...try again www.recipezaar.com

Reply by 626-333-1411 WANDA *4 NOTARY 2 U*********** on 9/4/06 5:06pm
Msg #143388

A great easy side dish is salsa over cream cheese and tortilla chips.

Reply by BrendaTx on 9/4/06 5:12pm
Msg #143390

Yeah! And a variation is Pickapeppa Sauce over cream cheese. That's yummy, too.
http://www.farawayfoods.com/pickapeppa.html

Reply by Tina_MA on 9/4/06 6:11pm
Msg #143411

I'm making Italian seasoned chicken on the grill, seasoned rice, and sweet corn and petite peas.

Reply by Ilona_OH on 9/4/06 7:01pm
Msg #143413

Reservations anywhere! n/m

Reply by LkArrowhd/CA on 9/4/06 7:32pm
Msg #143416

Re: Tina MA- that sounds so yummy..... n/m

Reply by DellaCa on 9/4/06 8:04pm
Msg #143426

Re: Alaskan KING crab OOOHHH its sooo good n/m

Reply by Charm_AL on 9/4/06 8:05pm
Msg #143427

A little late to the party, I made steak and ckn kabobs served over rice with tri color peppers, onions, tomatoes,and mushrooms, marinated all day in Yoshida's original sauce. The sides were asparagus, artichokes and corn cobs....all grilled and sweetly colored
and the topper was Key Lime pie and top shelf margaritas! hic

Reply by MelissaCT on 9/4/06 8:22pm
Msg #143436

Made a pot roast on Saturday, chicken noodle soup on Sunday & Chicken Cacciatore (to die for) tomorrow night. Leftovers tonight...

Reply by hcampersFL on 9/4/06 10:34pm
Msg #143471

We had Baby Back ribs, layered salad and homemade cream corn. Yummy!

Reply by taxpro on 9/5/06 3:32pm
Msg #143621

I'm a little late to this post, but I made my homemade enchiladas and spanish rice last night. One pan of beef enchiladas with cheddar cheese, peppers, onions and red chili sauce, and a pan of chicken enchiladas with montery jack cheese, onions, and chile verde sour cream sauce. One of my family's favorites, but it's quite a big job. Took me 3 hours to get it all made, and it gets eaten in about 15 minutes. Then an hour to clean up. Three skillets, one for the beef filling, one for the chicken filling, and one to soften the tortillas. Two pans for baking the enchiladas. Another pot for making the rice. Numerous bowls for sauce, cheese and onions. Cutting board, knives, onion chopper and cheese grater. Not to mention the dishes. That's why it doesn't happen very often. But they're worth the wait!! Many smiles at the table. P.S. I did cheat though, a little bit. I used the packaged corn tortillas, I didn't make them myself, didn't have time to grind the corn flour.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.