Notary Rotary
OT - Question fro PA notaries
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by Pandagirl_FL on 9/29/06 12:02pm
Msg #149271

My sband is thinking of retiring from his current job and going to the watch makers school in Lititz, PA. I was hoping that some of you could tell me what Pa is like. I will have to back to work full time, so I wouldn't be doing closings anymore. I've lived in Fl all my life and i know that it is going to be a huge change. T

Thanks in advance!!

Reply by JO_PA on 9/29/06 12:34pm
Msg #149282

PA is great! Lititz is a beautiful area, gives you the feeling of a quaint old town. Lots of development going on in the area, but, unfortunatley, there are alot of NSAs.
Is the watch school your husband is thinking of going to the one that is associated with Rolex?
If so, the building has only been there about 5 years, but it's huge and very nice looking. Don't know too much more about it.
As for the job market, it's really diverse here. Lots of big and small companies, lots of malls for sales jobs, etc.
You'll love Lititz.
Jo

Reply by PA_Notary_II on 9/29/06 12:44pm
Msg #149286

Lititz is a small community north of Lancaster, PA where routes 501 and 772 intersect. It is a relatively quiet town depending where you live in relation to those major hiways. This is an old area with many old order Amish and quite quaint. It's the best of both worlds as you can shop the farm markets for fresh foods, poultry, eggs and amish baked goods and in 20 minutes, be at the Park Center Mall in Lancaster....it is huge. The biggest change you'll need to be ready for will be the weather. Winter can be an adventure for the uniniatiated, but if you have the right mindset, it can be a ball. There are lots and lots of things to do in all seasons and I suggest you call or write to the Chamber of Commerce in Lancaster for some brochures or go to www.800padutch.com for more info. Good Luck .

Reply by sue_pa on 9/29/06 9:48pm
Msg #149397

I must be in a mood tonight. PANotaryII, where do you live? This sounds like a tourist brochure. Routes 501 and 772 are now 'major hiways'? As of yesterday, they still were both 2 lane roads, 501 being one of the slowest roads you've ever been on in evenings and 772 being a regular street through town and the countryside. And Park City is now 'huge"? I missed the addition I guess. Sorry, I just couldn't help myself.

That said, don't come up here !!!!! It's cold in the winter and it snows. I kicked the furnace on tonight. And that said, all South Central PA is a very decent place to live and raise a family.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.